Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Should Claudio name and shame the ringleaders?

Right, so who wants to do some specooolashun on which players are in which camp? I'll start:

Claudio in: Morgan, Fuchs, Riyad, Amartey

Claudio out: Gray, Kasper, Vardy, Ulloa, Drinky

Neutral: Huth, Chilwell, Simpson, Albrighton, King

No idea about the new signings. Actually no idea about any of the players but conspiracy theories are fun. :whistle:

22 hours ago, Royston. said:

this is puzzling me........why did ranieri want to stay if he knew certain players/most of them were against him?

was he oblivious to the revolt or just as bad, aware of the situation but carrying on regardless, watching us piss games away?

he loved it here and was taking the money but all the time the club and fans have been suffering.

YES that got me too.. he should told the chairman that he lost the dressing room & there is a players revolt

if he left on his own accord - would that be better i don;t know.  maybe that gives the club more time

I've not seen anyone post this so I will.

Now if those statements are genuinely true I feel Ranieri has been a little naive, it's quite clear something has been wrong and I think there had to be more that "one or two" against him.

Against Ranieri I would say:

Vardy

Drinkwater

Morgan

Kasper

King

Ulloa

Grey

Chilwell

Kaputska

Schlupp

For Ranieri

Fuchs

Okazaki

Mahrez

Slimani

Mendy

Musa

Neutral

Huth

Albrighton

It's obvious the stronger characters were in the against camp.... I hope all those players buck up and start performing now

20 hours ago, Matt said:

I've not seen anyone post this so I will.

Now if those statements are genuinely true I feel Ranieri has been a little naive, it's quite clear something has been wrong and I think there had to be more that "one or two" against him.

wow what a revelation.. the sticking point is:

he hadn;t got a  single player who has the respect to whisper in his ears "look boss - danger time - a coupla players are out to get you..watch for banana skins"

10 hours ago, Royston. said:

this is puzzling me........why did ranieri want to stay if he knew certain players/most of them were against him?

was he oblivious to the revolt or just as bad, aware of the situation but carrying on regardless, watching us piss games away?

he loved it here and was taking the money but all the time the club and fans have been suffering.

Not really very puzzling when you consider the settlement he will get for being sacked versus nothing if he walked, as nice as the Gent is he was never going to sacrifice that as much as many people wanted him to walk. It would have been much better for this "club he loves so much" if he had walked, there would be little of the negative aftermath publicity against our club that we're seeing

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Don't know why our own fans are saying stuff like this. We already have the media and the footballing world talking shit about us, we don't need it from our own fans. There is no evidence to suggest the players have done anything wrong, other than putting in shit performances. We have just got stories from the media that are not factual. Nobody outside the club knows what has gone on and it's pointless speculating about it. We thank Claudio for the amazing job he has done and for the memories that we will always have and we move onto the next Leicester City chapter. 

Exactly. You can't go ahead believing the stories of a players revolt without believing the stories that Ranieri made some howling mistakes in the past year (late tactical changes, ignorance of sports science and sacking of psychologist)

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Right, so who wants to do some specooolashun on which players are in which camp? I'll start:

Claudio in: Morgan, Fuchs, Riyad, Amartey

Claudio out: Gray, Kasper, Vardy, Ulloa, Drinky

Neutral: Huth, Chilwell, Simpson, Albrighton, King

No idea about the new signings. Actually no idea about any of the players

but conspiracy theories are fun. :whistle:

You've got to be joking.........

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

No, he's done his bit - a bit that one one else will acheive with the club again (league champions).

He won't want to s*it stir something up like this to make himself and the certain players in question to this to appear worse.

I think it was more than a "bit"!!

Claudio is far too much of  a gentleman to get embroiled in a mudslinging and slurring game, it's not in his nature. Remember he never insulted nor berated match officials even when he had good cause to. It is possible at some point in the future if he chooses to write his memoirs he might mention in a paragraph or two about the shenanigans that went on during his time here but don't bank on it. Those in the Club know what went on and what has happened but no doubt those cowards will stay quiet at least for the time being.

No value in naming and shaming anyone

Hope there is a transparent mechanism for dealing with frustration and grumbles from the players but it is for the club to sort out

Lets try to move on.I'm sure Claudio is too much of a gentleman to stir things.There are 2 critical home matches in the next week and I cannot imagine anyone being focused on them with this frenzy in the media

By all accounts the Daily Snail and the Scum are quoted as saying!

"leaving Demari Gray on the bench and playing Musa was the final nail in Claudio's coffin"

Apparently the players were bemused by Gray not starting ahead of Musa, when in fact Gray has shown great improvement and changed games when he played !

We will never really know what went on behind closed doors at the KP, the fact Claudio lost his job to reported player power Rudkin power whatever.

But I honestly wished the club would have handled this better than they did as Claudio's sacking has turned us from world loved to world hated !

He knows and with his contacts in football they will know

We can only speculate, it hurts a little more when I remember how excited he got when Vardy scored on Wednesday

Best of luck to the guy. To be honest I'm gutted for the man.

And to make it worse he's just turned up to say goodbye to the players and staff according to Sky.

What a gent and man

No. For the same reason even disgruntled players should have given their best whatever, so should the manager. Ranieri should retain the dignity that he'd surely like to be remembered for and everyone within our club should learn from that.

What matter's now is not endless weeks and months of snitching and name-calling but 100% focus on restoring our pride and playing some football. 

Ranieri's got nothing to be bitter about more than momentarily.

He won a title he never expected and has been sacked with the sort of pay-off only a winner should ever expect and he was anything but a winner this season.  

I'd rather remember him for the title and all the excitement that went with it rather than the trite bitterness of verbal retaliation. There are always two sides and a lot of regrets when you go down the road of "tell and to hell"  

Story today in the Sun lol that four players held a meeting with the Chairman after the Sevilla game which has become known as 'the infamous meeting'.

Kasper, Vardy, Wes, Albrighton

If this did happen and Vardy DID attend such a meeting, I remember the interview that SKY did with him just before the game whereby he said categorically that every player was behind Claudio.

The club, it would seem, really has become poisonous.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Story today in the Sun lol that four players held a meeting with the Chairman after the Sevilla game which has become known as 'the infamous meeting'.

If this did happen and Vardy DID attend such a meeting, I remember the interview that SKY did with him just before the game whereby he said categorically that every player was behind Claudio.

There wasn't much time for any meetings after the game col

Much of what is written is probably bollox

Claudio isn't going to come out and slate the club is he....and likewise the players aren't going to openly comeout and admit to this so called "revolt"....I'm of the opinion that it was an honest meeting to suggest a way forward, there's no hiding that Claudio had lost his head, with reports of training on matchdays and a switch of tactics half an hour before kick off due to footwear....

Until any kind of official word is put out, we won't ever know. All we can assume is, something was wrong, and something had to be done about it. 

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If the chairman wants to talk to the players, they attend ...   end of.   And who knows if they supported him or not ...   don't speculate ...   and please please lets not start a witch hunt and fall into the media and our opponents hands.    Players need our support now to get us out the sh1t.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He's hardly gonna say 'no I'm not backing him and neither is anyone else' in public 

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If the chairman wants to talk to the players, they attend ...   end of.   And who knows if they supported him or not ...   don't speculate ...   and please please lets not start a witch hunt and fall into the media and our opponents hands.    Players need our support now to get us out the sh1t.

To be fair, the players have had our support to get us out of the shit, for months. And they've done little about it.

UNLESS, they actually now have? They've conspired to get rid of what they thought was the problem? There's a thought.

Archived