Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mease

Support or Silence ? - The Owners need us.

Without Claudio Ranieri we - probably - would not be Premier League Champions.

Without the Srivaddanhaprabha's we - without a shadow of a doubt - would not be in the Premier League.

Vichai was put in an impossible position and had to make the most difficult decision he'll ever have to make for this club, and he did so at the cost of his good name. He should be commended.

As should Ranieri - you can do both at the same time.

If I could pronounce his name I'd be singing it at the top of my lungs.

I really wish there would only be chants of Leicester and One Craig Shakespeare and players names (especially Albrighton :().

But realistically there will mostly just be chants of Ranieri, sparking off infighting among the fans. :(

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

I really wish there would only be chants of Leicester and One Craig Shakespeare and players names (especially Albrighton :().

But realistically there will mostly just be chants of Ranieri, sparking off infighting among the fans. :(

I fear you will be right and the world will love bitching about us on Tuesday.

34 minutes ago, brucey said:

There will probably be Nigel Pearson chants with standard infighting too. 

41 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Without the Srivaddanhaprabha's we - without a shadow of a doubt - would not be in the Premier League.

We were a penalty shootout from Wembley, to play a blackpool side we'd already beaten twice that season, the season before they took over so I don't think that's true. I've got a lot of respect for them, particularly when you compare them to owners that cropped up at similar times like the venkys, oystons and Fawaz, but let's not act like we were a nothing club going nowhere before they arrived.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

vichai wrote something in his IG posting which was important. He talked about re investing all the money back into the club. If that's their intention then they deserve our support - whatever decisions they make are made with the best intentions and we should be behind them. We are not privy to what has gone on so cannot make an informed judgement in any case. 

Get behind the players and get behind the club. Otherwise Claudio's departure is all for nothing which would make it ten times worse.

Depends where that money goes though. If its just going to go on increasing the wages of already underperforming players it pretty pointless. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Perhaps you could prescribe yourself some of those tablets for dementia doc? 

Eh? Beat Blackpool 2-1 at home in september with 2 from fryatt (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8243886.stm) 2-1 away from N'Guessan and Dyer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8495816.stm) and lost to Cardiff on penalties in the 2009/10 season. What I said was completely correct.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Eh? Beat Blackpool 2-1 at home in september with 2 from fryatt (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8243886.stm) 2-1 away from N'Guessan and Dyer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8495816.stm) and lost to Cardiff on penalties in the 2009/10 season. What I said was completely correct.

I know ?

3 hours ago, bovril said:

I'm not sure football chants are all about 'practical value'. It's a sign of appreciation, a lot of clubs sing about their old players and managers.

Perhaps not and I'm not suggesting they are, but you in your previous comment you had drawn comparison to how we've often chanted "_____ out" - something that is done as a way of communicating displeasure, and ultimately with the hope of influencing the owners' decision. The point here in this case is that the decision is already made and we can't expect any positive result from such actions - as a person might in the other scenario you used. That's the biggest difference.

Whether a person does it purely out of appreciation for Ranieri, or if they have more petulant motives, I can't see it doing the club, players or new manager any benefit.

Archived