Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mease

Support or Silence ? - The Owners need us.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

It's on Sky, probably best to watch it there on mute if you can't bare to hear the inevitable chants for Ranieri.

All the microphones will be turned toward the crowd, none pointing to the pitch, the atmosphere will sound unreal on the TV lol

22 minutes ago, evostic said:

My Mum is doing the protest March prior to the game tomorrow  ! More out of sentiment than anything else though, I'm sure she'll change her mind once she sees the weather.

I'll be at the match, with my brother willing on the team. We're being scrutinised by the footballing world right now and need full-support for this game like never before.

What protest march?

There's a protest march?

FFS.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What protest march?

There's a protest march?

FFS.

Ah, just checked the detail it's more of an "in honour of Ranieri" thing:  http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/foxes-fan-11-calls-on-supporters-to-join-family-march-for-ranieri/story-30161494-detail/story.html

https://www.facebook.com/events/385318315172255/?active_tab=discussion

56 minutes ago, Mease said:

As our club and owners are being torn to shreds by the hyenas that is the gutter press, I fear we may not give our owners the support that they really deserve.

After what has been a painful decision made with the thought of the best interests of our football club (regardless if you agree).

For some of those up in arms about the sacking of CR and that we have disrespected him take time to think about the respect for people who 'actually' made this happen, people who have invested in our club and community, or is there some metephorical indigestion from the free pints and donuts.

It would be truly heartbreaking if the relationship of the fan and the owners broke down, let's get some perspective and show support right now.

No blame attatched to the owners at all in my eyes.

They are doing what they believe is the right thing for the club at this time.

There are a number of factors that are to blame for us being where we are in my opinion, but i would say the under performing, lazy, ego driven players are the main ones to blame.

For me any positive singing of Ranieri will be seen as a negative vote for the owners and players.

I hope we support LCFC and not Ranieri, he's gone and at a crucial point in the season we need to be together and create a siege mentality especially as the world hates us now.

Lets stand together as one club rather than the fans siding with the media and outside world to leave the owners and players isolated.

Ranieri is still hugely appreciated but most of us agree he needed to go, if Ranieri comes back managing another team or to uncover his statue then we can show appreciation. If you sing Ranieri's name on Monday then you don't love the club IMO.

13 minutes ago, evostic said:

Totally cringeworthy, can't wait to see the highlights on TV.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

For me any positive singing of Ranieri will be seen as a negative vote for the owners and players.

I hope we support LCFC and not Ranieri, he's gone and at a crucial point in the season we need to be together and create a siege mentality especially as the world hates us now.

Lets stand together as one club rather than the fans siding with the media and outside world to leave the owners and players isolated.

Ranieri is still hugely appreciated but most of us agree he needed to go, if Ranieri comes back managing another team or to uncover his statue then we can show appreciation. If you sing Ranieri's name on Monday then you don't love the club IMO.

Totally agree.

There will be the odd childish imbecile though no doubt.

Love the guy to bits and really disappointed that he had to leave. We'll never know if he would have kept us up, but most with sense would doubt it.

He will always be remembered for a good reason only

19 minutes ago, evostic said:

Embarrassing

Two of the most significant events of the last century involved Sir Alf Ramsey and Sir Winston Churchill. Both lost their jobs.

It happens, time to look forward.

I support LCFC and always will. Players managers come and go like Little Kitson and Mcghee.

By supporting my team I feel I'm supporting the owners. But right at this moment all that matters to me is my club.

I also feel the owners have acted in our best interest. Like the club they have my backing.

I expect Ranieri's name to be sung, I also expect Shakespeaes name to be sung, I also expect the names of all the players to be sung. I expect everyone to get behind the team like we did in the great escape and back the team to the hilt, let's get back to this oneness that saw us survive two seasons ago and go onto win the league.

Up The City. 

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I support LCFC and always will. Players managers come and go like Little Kitson and Mcghee.

By supporting my team I feel I'm supporting the owners. But right at this moment all that matters to me is my club.

I also feel the owners have acted in our best interest. Like the club they have my backing.

Kitson wasn't that little, 5'11" according to wiki!

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Not necessarily. Maybe they believe that it was a bad decision that will harm the club in the long run. In which case they can make their feelings felt. We've sung "____ out" plenty of times in the past, so why's that any different?

Like I said I'm not advocating protesting against the owners. But there might be a time in the future I feel it's necessary. Yes they have the best interests of the club at heart but they've been pretty lucky with their decisions in these 6 years. They should be held accountable in the same way as the manager and players.

Now that he's gone there's not much practical value in it. It's not as if the owner's will change their mind and re-hire him.

we have just 13 games to save ourselves from relegation and need to have a huge change in form to do so. What we choose to do now as supporters can have an impact on those results only. Nothing we say or do will change what has gone before regardless of where we stand on Ranieri.

The game tomorrow night is a new start and should set the tone for the challenge ahead. I don't expect to win, but I do expect everyone to get behind the team, manager, and owners and rock the place to its foundations.

9 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

Now that he's gone there's not much practical value in it. It's not as if the owner's will change their mind and re-hire him.

I'm not sure football chants are all about 'practical value'. It's a sign of appreciation, a lot of clubs sing about their old players and managers.

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This is an important point.

Don't let newshounds blinker you into this type of response as they'll gleefully use it against the club to extend the media storm against us and our owners in particular.

The owners are our future, Claudio is the past now. There will be an opportunity to show CR gratitude. The next match is not that opportunity.

We have the best owners in the league, regardless of what you think of the decision, and how it was handled.

I'm more concerned about the fans support for the players.

After reading the stories in the press, some of the players are going to be absolutely bricking it on Monday.

Over the last few seasons, fan support has been absolutely crucial to the team's success.

So, yes, show your love for our dearly departed boss.

But more importantly, get behind and support the team.

Otherwise we will have absolutely no chance of staying up.

We need points and the only way we can help is to get behind the team on the pitch what ever you might think of them nothing else matters.

nothing to protest really. We should do some ranieri chants but leave it at that. If the press is to believe the players need to see that they can force the manager out of the club to stroke their ego's but cant erase the memories. And who we believe was the mastermind behind the league win. 

1 minute ago, Kaewbudda said:

We have the best owners in the league, regardless of what you think of the decision, and how it was handled.

I'm more concerned about the fans support for the players.

After reading the stories in the press, some of the players are going to be absolutely bricking it on Monday.

Over the last few seasons, fan support has been absolutely crucial to the team's success.

So, yes, show your love for our dearly departed boss.

But more importantly, get behind and support the team.

Otherwise we will have absolutely no chance of staying up.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

We need points and the only way we can help is to get behind the team on the pitch what ever you might think of them nothing else matters.

Absolutely agree, we stand a chance if we support, tomorrow is day one of a new chapter.

2 hours ago, evostic said:

It's organised by an 11 year old, and it's 100% a protest march dressed as an honour thing lol 

'9 out of 10 Leicester fans think it's the wrong decision'- not according to the foxestalk poll mate!

Probably be about 20 people turning up.

Not getting the March, what does this accomplish other than more media attention.

Obvious that a goon (not your mum I might add) will be picked out to represent the Leicester fanbase and will tell us how they are unhappy and limp away to Market Tavern for a pound a pint.

This will be negative for the team on match day too.

Archived