Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

Still baffles me why anyone would think it's a good idea to take off Albrighton while bringing on Slimani...

Our best crosser of the ball and our best target man, and they never seem to be on the pitch together.

That is true, but one thing that still amazes me is how people prefer Okazaki being the 1st choice with Slimani on the bench, I mean Slimani is way better.

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

I think we'll see a completely transformed Slimani now we're actually looking to attack again; he's a very dangerous player in the box, and we'll see more of him in there now.

You mean 30 million pounds worth of player?  Let's say that I'm of the generation that saw a 2 million pound record signing and was disappointed (Gunnlaugsson)

2 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

That is true, but one thing that still amazes me is how people prefer Okazaki being the 1st choice with Slimani on the bench, I mean Slimani is way better.

i think most Leicester fans accept Slimani is a better player than Okazaki.

The problem is we also think Vardy is a better No9 than Slimani and Okazaki is a better No10 than Slimani.

Just now, Gerard said:

i think most Leicester fans accept Slimani is a better player than Okazaki.

The problem is we also think Vardy is a better No9 than Slimani and Okazaki is a better No10 than Slimani.

I wouldn't agree to that. Last year Slimani scored more goals than Vardy, yes it was in the Portuguese league but still. And even this year when you were struggling Slimani was the one scoring the goals before he left to the CAN not Vardy. How 2 good games can change people's minds...

3 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

You mean 30 million pounds worth of player?  Let's say that I'm of the generation that saw a 2 million pound record signing and was disappointed (Gunnlaugsson)

We probably paid over the odds for him, but stick the ball on his head in the area and he'll get you goals.

Now we're setting up to win games, we'll see more of a return on the investment, I'm sure. If he scores the winner tonight, who cares how much he cost?

Just now, Eagle10 said:

I wouldn't agree to that. Last year Slimani scored more goals than Vardy, yes it was in the Portuguese league but still. And even this year when you were struggling Slimani was the one scoring the goals before he left to the CAN not Vardy. How 2 good games can change people's minds...

It's not just two games though we've seen how devastating Vardy can be all last season.

Slimani hasn't been given a great service whilst he's been at Leicester and has done okay but after watching both players for a reasonably long time then I'm sure most defenders would rather play against Slimani than Vardy.

12 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

It's about playing your best team, not picking players individually against each other. Slimani isn't as effective when dropping deep which is the role that Okazaki plays.

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You mean the last 2 games that we have set up the same as last season and played to Vardy's strengths? When we play a pressing game Vardy is the perfect foil for it, Slimani does not come close to Vardy's intensity when the rest of the team is pressing with him.

4 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

It's about playing your best team, not picking players individually against each other. Slimani isn't as effective when dropping deep which is the role that Okazaki plays.

You mean the last 2 games that we have set up the same as last season and played to Vardy's strengths? When we play a pressing game Vardy is the perfect foil for it, Slimani does not come close to Vardy's intensity when the rest of the team is pressing with him.

You only played one game to Slimani strengths it was against West Ham and he was very good. So the same can be said for Slimani too. I am not saying Slimani is better than Vardy, I am just saying that having Slimani on the bench is a very stupid idea.

I wonder if at some point this season Shakey tries playing Slimani as No9 and Vardy as No10 like he did in the last ten minutes of the Hull game?

Slimani is useless without service whilst Vardy can still be effective with minimal service. It might be a way of getting our two best strikers on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

You only played one game to Slimani strengths it was against West Ham and he was very good. So the same can be said for Slimani too. I am not saying Slimani is better than Vardy, I am just saying that having Slimani on the bench is a very stupid idea.

You're a Sporting Lisbon fan IIRC?

It's nice to hear you hold Slimani in such high esteem as we've not really seen a £30m player yet. To be fair to Slimani though he looks like a player who is only effective in the box and he has been failed by his teammates to get much service so far, hopefully we witness why the Sporting fans speak so highly of him at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wonder if at some point this season Shakey tries playing Slimani as No9 and Vardy as No10 like he did in the last ten minutes of the Hull game?

Slimani is useless without service whilst Vardy can still be effective with minimal service. It might be a way of getting our two best strikers on the pitch.

Slap Vardy left wing. He's been drifting there naturally anyway in the last 2 games and doing decent work, just okazaki unable/unwilling to make runs into the box. 

Then we could just front 3 vardy/slim/Mahrez and put king/amartey in midfield to shore it up. 

Doubt we'll change anything for this game though, but has to be an option for the future when we get a half decent attacking rb, then amartey can slip into a back 3 while we attack. 

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You're a Sporting Lisbon fan IIRC?

It's nice to hear you hold Slimani in such high esteem as we've not really seen a £30m player yet. To be fair to Slimani though he looks like a player who is only effective in the box and he has been failed by his teammates to get much service so far, hopefully we witness why the Sporting fans speak so highly of him at some point. 

Yep I am. This season he isnt in any way the player he was 3 seasons for us. And it is true he needs service but so does every striker in the planet, he just isnt the type of striker to get past a whole defense and score. But he isnt a only box type of striker e ither, he is fairly mobile, he can play with the team as he did in Sporting.

12 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Don't get me wrong I think Slimani could be a very good player for us, but as I also said before it's about picking our best team and style. A pressing game suits us, as you can see from our last two games. At this moment in time the best combination to play in the way we are setting up is Okazaki and Vardy. 

37 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

Lets not forget the most important factor in this though, Slimani cannot run. When he attempts to run, he looks like he is playing tick and is running in wet sand.

Slimani doesn't do pressing game very well.

Lunchtime beers in fridge, samosas ready in oven, just waiting for Sol to turn up, then we'll be 'On our way, we're on our way, up the motorways, we're on our way'. Cant believe at my age I'm this excited. As someone else said its like Christmas as a kid.

6 minutes ago, crsleicester said:

Lets not forget the most important factor in this though, Slimani cannot run. When he attempts to run, he looks like he is playing tick and is running in wet sand.

Slimani doesn't do pressing game very well.

What kind of argument is that? Slimani can't run? Doesn't do a good pressing game? Dude he presses well, and he is quick for his size everyone agrees to that. When i thought i have read everything, you amazed me. Congrats.

29 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

Don't get me wrong I think Slimani could be a very good player for us, but as I also said before it's about picking our best team and style. A pressing game suits us, as you can see from our last two games. At this moment in time the best combination to play in the way we are setting up is Okazaki and Vardy. 

Maybe it is, although I think Slimani and Vardy rarely played alongside each other and people just assumed from some games that they can't play with each other, which may very well be wrong . But paying 35M for one of the best scorers last season to put him on the bench and playing him only in 10 league games(minutes played) is a very stupid decision.

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

What kind of argument is that? Slimani can't run? Doesn't do a good pressing game? Dude he presses well, and he is quick for his size everyone agrees to that. When i thought i have read everything, you amazed me. Congrats.

Listen, there is no point in you coming on here with your massively biased opinions of Slimani. He may have been the dogs bollocks at Sporting, but bar a few goals in the champions league, he really hasn't cut it for us this season. He can run, but isn't as quick as Vardy, and we don't really play many balls in to the box, so he's wasted as a number 9 at the minute for us. He sometimes has the touch of a rapist as well. He's got a great head on him I'll give you that. And he plays with a lot of heart. £30m though? Not for me. 

I just watched the video of all his sporting goals on you tube, some great headers on it, but lots of scuffed/deflected/scrappy goals on terrible pitches. Bar the top 3 teams that is quite a poor division. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Maybe it is, although I think Slimani and Vardy rarely played alongside each other and people just assumed from some games that they can't play with each other, which may very well be wrong . But paying 35M for one of the best scorers last season to put him on the bench and playing him only in 10 league games(minutes played) is a very stupid decision.

Are we talking Primiera Liga goal scorers or best scorers? ( is that a thing?) Doing your shizzle in 3 team leagues isn't exactly the yardstick me old mate.

Andrej Kramaric will vouch for that!

The big signings are the 'big game players'. Our 30 million, record signing is the type of player we signed exactly for nights like tonight. If Slimani plays tonight, I'm expecting good stuff from him. Commitment, guile, skill.. and a goal threat. I'm not expecting another bang average 45 mins to be subbed off at half time. That's not indicative of a big game player.

No more excuses. If Slim is fit and plays tonight, he needs to show us what all the fuss was about.

Archived