Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

5 hours ago, 49er said:

But for which of the Premier teams? Man City obviously didn't think that Nasri was required

Is that the Man City we destroyed earlier this season, and the Man City we took 4 points off last season including putting them to the sword on their own patch? :cool:

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Is that the Man City we destroyed earlier this season, and the Man City we took 4 points off last season including putting them to the sword on their own patch? :cool:

It's the Man City that will finish top four both seasons and made the champ league semis last. 

14 hours ago, 49er said:

I saw the first leg. They played against a side at our lowest ebb, with a Manager that was about to be sacked, and only managed a 2-1 win. 

Regarding their recent league form, they are meant to be in the hunt to win the league, so it's not as if they have downed tools and are preparing for the game with us.

Do you seriously believe that Nzonzi, Jovetic and Nasri would cut it in the Premier League? Their level is Stoke, West Brom not Chelsea!

Jesus Christ. I'd love to see Stoke or West Brom win the Europa League three years on the spin.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Jesus Christ. I'd love to see Stoke or West Brom win the Europa League three years on the spin.

Obviously a stupid comment Nzonzi is a great midfielder and Nasri is amazingly talented even if he hasn't always had the application. Plus a quick look at the table will show you that Stoke and West Brom are both teams currently some distance ahead of us so even then, it'd hardly be a reason to dismiss them.

It'll be an interesting one Tuesday, one thing you have to give Ranieri, his rotating and negativity got us results in Europe right up until the bitter end, I always stated I thought we'd have to adapt to the continental game and against a team not quite so willing to play at a break neck pace and look after the ball a bit better than most Prem sides our high pressing 4-4-2 might come somewhat unstuck. It'll be a very different test for Shakespeare on Tuesday night, ultimately it is a luxury though and how the fixtures have fallen has done us no harm what so ever so looking forward to it.

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Dont no what am more nervous  about this game or going  to dentist  to take out 3 teeth :huh:

Just speak to people when you arrive and when you sit in the chair to help calm the nerves.

(But make it apparent that if we lose you'll need to engage in a drunken fight in the hope that your three teeth get knocked out)

14 hours ago, 49er said:

I saw the first leg. They played against a side at our lowest ebb, with a Manager that was about to be sacked, and only managed a 2-1 win. 

Regarding their recent league form, they are meant to be in the hunt to win the league, so it's not as if they have downed tools and are preparing for the game with us.

Do you seriously believe that Nzonzi, Jovetic and Nasri would cut it in the Premier League? Their level is Stoke, West Brom not Chelsea!

The same N'Zonzi who won Player of the Year with Blackburn and Stoke?  The same Nasri who produced goals and assists for Arsenal and Man City?  Not to mention Stoke and West Brom have been 'cutting it' in the Premier League for few seasons now.  

Come on.  

22 hours ago, 49er said:

NZonzi is a very very good player.

If you saw the first leg, you should have seen that we should have conceded 4 or 5, and would have done on any other day.

Tomorrow however is another day, but we are behind to a top Spanish side; we are second favourites to go through, but it could happen.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Hidesofa-e1443437663173.jpg

His suspect run ups and placements freak me out, he never looks entirely confident.

Would much rather Vardy take them and go for power. Either it breaks the net or goes into orbit.

22 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

His suspect run ups and placements freak me out, he never looks entirely confident.

Would much rather Vardy take them and go for power. Either it breaks the net or goes into orbit.

Would give it to Albrighton or Fuchs, something tells me that they could be decent at them.

On 12/03/2017 at 11:22, weller54 said:

Where would Sevilla finish in the PL?...

Everton standard equivalent? 

Comments like this are inevitable when sky have been telling football fans for years that the premier league is the best leauge in the world.

Arsenal have just lost 10-2 in europe, spurs went out of the competition in the group stage then got knocked out of the Thursday night competition to a Belgium outfit.

In fact despite having the maximum of 4 teams every year England has only produced 2 of the last 16 champions league semi-finalists.

Where as sevilla have won the Europa leauge the last 3 years spanking Liverpool in last season's final and they were going toe to toe with Barca, Real and athletico this season. 

So slighty long winded answer to you question if they were in our leauge they would be comfatably top 2 or 3.

But they do seem like they may have ran out of puff abit so fingers crossed tommorow has fallen perfectly.

Archived