Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Listen, there is no point in you coming on here with your massively biased opinions of Slimani. He may have been the dogs bollocks at Sporting, but bar a few goals in the champions league, he really hasn't cut it for us this season. He can run, but isn't as quick as Vardy, and we don't really play many balls in to the box, so he's wasted as a number 9 at the minute for us. He sometimes has the touch of a rapist as well. He's got a great head on him I'll give you that. And he plays with a lot of heart. £30m though? Not for me. 

I just watched the video of all his sporting goals on you tube, some great headers on it, but lots of scuffed/deflected/scrappy goals on terrible pitches. Bar the top 3 teams that is quite a poor

division. 

That is true. Our league is poor, can't contradict that, but he scored very good goals for us, not only headers, and some very important ones too. The quality he has best for me is that he strives on the big games, he scores is almost every big game we had, and that was one of his best qualities. Jorge Jesus played with many strikers in his career and he himself said that Slimani is special.

Just now, z-layrex said:

Eagle out of interest are you Portuguese or Algerian?

Portuguese. Sporting fan, I just think Leicester fans have a very bad image on him, when he is having a bad season, just like all your team.

2 minutes ago, crsleicester said:

Are we talking Primiera Liga goal scorers or best scorers? ( is that a thing?) Doing your shizzle in 3 team leagues isn't exactly the yardstick me old mate.

Andrej Kramaric will vouch for that!

Best scorers, he scored 27 league goals, in the Golden boot he was in a very good place.

Just now, Eagle10 said:

Portuguese. Sporting fan, I just think Leicester fans have a very bad image on him, when he is having a bad season, just like all your team.

Ok, my Mrs is from Espinho. I agree with you, I think as the team hopefully improves again Slim will find his place. 

I'd like to see us start as we have for the last two games. If and when Shinji runs out of steam bring on Gray and play Mahrez in Shinji's role. If we still need a goal in the last ten mins then go s**t or bust with Slimani on for Simpson and go to three at the back. If this results in a 2-1 win and extra time Albrighton can play right back in the extra time and we revert to 4-4-2. I hate penalties, it could all come down to whether Huth and Morgan can take a better pen than their centre halves but I keep seeing 2-1 as the most likely outcome.

I'm sure I'll be disappointed if we don't get through tonight, but I do have the odd moment of clarity where I realise we are the reigning Premier League champions and in the last 16 of the Champions League. Truly an extraordinary and historic time to be a LCFC supporter.

16 hours ago, weller54 said:

Without Kante we wouldn't have won the title... Fact. 

And Without the pfa player of the year, one of the best keepers in the league and a 24 goal a season striker we wouldn't have won the title, your point is?. No disrespect to you, Weller but, i'm done with people raving about a Chelsea player. I'm sure you don't mean it like that but, that kind of line can be used to get a dig at Kasper, mahrez vardy and others. And I don't feel comfortable hearing how kantè is the reason Leicester won the league.

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

And Without the pfa player of the year, one of the best keepers in the league and a 24 goal a season striker we wouldn't have won the title, your point is?. No disrespect to you, Weller but, i'm done with people raving about a Chelsea player. I'm sure you don't mean it like that but, that kind of line can be used to get a dig at Kasper, mahrez vardy and others. And I don't feel comfortable hearing how kantè is the reason Leicester won the league.

The point is your team is the same as last year just one player is missing, and that player is doing wonders in a side that probably will be champion. So what can you acknowledge from this?

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

There is no chance we'd have won the league without Kante, who was the best player in the Premier League last year. He's still the best player in the Premier League, which is why Chelsea are going to win it this year.

2 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The point is your team is the same as last year just one player is missing, and that player is doing wonders in a side that probably will be champion. So what can you acknowledge from this?

Without Mahrez and Vardy's 40 odd goals and 25 assists where would we be? 

About where we are now is the answer.

Kante is now the Emporer's new clothes, he's better than Messi and Ronaldo combined people would let you believe.

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

The thing is your team is the same as last year just one player is missing, and that player is doing wonders in a side that probably will be champion. So what can you acknowledge from this?

Nothing really, Eagle. Vs Liverpool the team looked almost as strong as last season's plus n'didi's aerial prowess. People are fast to discredit 10 players because the one who left is playing better football. For me, vardy and mahrez rank higher than kantè as nominees for "the best player in the history of Leicester" because they represent what Leicester is. Came from nothing, became something and stayed loyal.

Just now, Gerard said:

Without Mahrez and Vardy's 40 odd goals and 25 assists where would we be? 

About where we are now is the answer.

Kante is now the Emporer's new clothes, he's better than Messi and Ronaldo combined people would let you believe.

Obviously he didn't win the title alone, but he was for me the main man, him and Ranieri. Of course Vardy and Mahrez played a huge part, but Kanté's job was so underrated, that only now that he is gone people started to notice the difference he made last year.

Archived