Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

3 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

You only played one game to Slimani strengths it was against West Ham and he was very good. So the same can be said for Slimani too. I am not saying Slimani is better than Vardy, I am just saying that having Slimani on the bench is a very stupid idea.

Totally agree, he would be much better with another club....

4 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

My worry is whether we can keep a clean sheet, because if not we will need to score 3.

We still need two for a penalty shoot out which we'd all take now.

We still need to win the game whatever else happens and only 3-2, 4-3, etc knocks us out if we win.

33 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

My worry is whether we can keep a clean sheet, because if not we will need to score 3.

I don't think any of us will be keeping clean sheets if we win..

2 hours ago, the fox said:

And Without the pfa player of the year, one of the best keepers in the league and a 24 goal a season striker we wouldn't have won the title, your point is?. No disrespect to you, Weller but, i'm done with people raving about a Chelsea player. I'm sure you don't mean it like that but, that kind of line can be used to get a dig at Kasper, mahrez vardy and others. And I don't feel comfortable hearing how kantè is the reason Leicester won the league.

That's ok.. Know you're not having a dig. 

Of course the rest of the player's contributed to that incredible season but in Kante we had a truly World class player and although we had the others having season's of their lives I just believe Kante will continue having 'world class 'performances / seasons for many years to come. In my mind this puts him quite a few steps ahead of any of our squad...and I don't consider that to be disrespectful to any of our players. 

I can't see them coming and parking the bus. They know we only need to win 1-0 to go through. Thats extremely dangerous to park the bus and won't happen.

Hopefully we can catch them with a break however equilly it will be hard to go 90 minutes without them scoring....especially with our defence..

1 hour ago, Sevillista1 said:

Extremely incorrect.

Facts:  Refer to pic below for league.

CL:  0-0 draw vs. Juve, 0-0 draw vs. Lyon, 0-1 win vs. Dinamo (all away).

Also, highest victories with clean sheets have been achieved while playing away (vs. Real Sociedad 0-4 and vs. Celta Vigo 0-3)

not correct.jpg

What's your overall home vs away record again?

Don't feel that nervous for tonight, just full of pure excitement. Whatever happens we've done extremely well to get this far and it's been a fabulous ride.

Play like we did against Liverpool & Hull then I think we're nailed on for a QF place, I see Sevilla scoring though. 2-1, extra time, 120 minutes Ndidi scores a screamer for the winner :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BarcaForum said:

Hello from Blaugrana fans. 

While Sevilla are favorites to go through, they are much weaker away from home and their hot Sanchez Pizjuan stadium. 

Pressing them from the start would be a mistake though as they are perfectly able to play from the back comfortable and relish the space. 

The high press seemed (to me) to have helped Real Madrid (oops) beat them 3-0 in the first half of their encounter at the Bernabeu. I might be wrong tho.

Just now, MattCan said:

Do Algerian fans still have faith in Slimani after his disastrous AFCON? (pls don't tell me he was ok)

The national team doesn't count. Too many internal problems, no stable management, ect. All the players were terrible, not just Slim. So yeah, I still have faith in him, espacially coz he's in good form again. 

Archived