Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League gets Kodi piracy court order

The answer is to have a full PPV for the whole premier, championship and division 1. Get some cash into the lower leagues. 

Surely we have the technology and and all the matches are recorded. 

I don't know whether they still have it but a number of years ago I was visiting family down in the south of Italy. As we were driving through a nearby village and noticed a number of blokes walking along the street wearing Inter shirts.  My relative explained that they were on their way to the Inter bar? He explained that the bar owner could buy the rights to show all the Inter home and away games on his TV.  He then charged punters a nominal fee to come into the bar to watch. Something like that here I thought would be good as I'm not that bothered watching other matches.

People are so ignoarant about this issue 

the issue is bang average players earning 50-100k a week 

they do this because BT and SKY over paid for football in an attempt to control multi media and telecommunication subscriptions 

we are the problem ... football fans if we turned off the subscriptions sky and bt would stop the crazy money 

and Jeff Shlupp wouldn't be paid crazy money to hit the corner flag ever weekend ! 

On 09/03/2017 at 16:23, Webbo said:

It's what the "against modern football" mob always conveniently forget.

Also, when each game is pay per view, how long will it be before each team is paid per subscriber? Man United would be earning 20 times what we'd earn. twice as much as Arsenal, Chelsea,Liverpool etc. At the minute the premier league funding is reasonably fairly distributed. If we go down this route it'll be like the Spanish league where only 2 or 3 teams can win the league.

That's a really good point and one I suspect most people on here hadn't even considered - I certainly hadn't. Ppv income can still be shared out equally but you're right that the big clubs would inevitably move to secure a larger slice, in that case instead of ppv make it so you pay for all the games with a subscription, you could even provide a 'gameweek pass' option which gives access to all the games of a single gameweek for the ppv crowd.

There will always be people pirating streams regardless of whether there's a legal alternative or how much it costs, but if the PL and the broadcasters give the consumers what they want there'll be far less of them.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's a really good point and one I suspect most people on here hadn't even considered - I certainly hadn't. Ppv income can still be shared out equally but you're right that the big clubs would inevitably move to secure a larger slice, in that case instead of ppv make it so you pay for all the games with a subscription, you could even provide a 'gameweek pass' option which gives access to all the games of a single gameweek for the ppv crowd.

There will always be people pirating streams regardless of whether there's a legal alternative or how much it costs, but if the PL and the broadcasters give the consumers what they want there'll be far less of them.

It'll happen eventually but there'll be negative consequences as well.

On 09/03/2017 at 23:58, Filbert_Ross said:

Yeah there would, not every Leicester game is live on Sky

No but funnily enough you'll find it t on a stream being shown in Singapore,Hong Kong,USA etc,seems the premier league would rather show our clubs games worldwide rather than allow us to stream a game on a Saturday afternoon!

The English premier league love looking after football fans but not in this country,otherwise we would be able to enjoy watching our team leagally rather than find a  stream from another country which most broadcast free to air !!

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

It'll happen eventually but there'll be negative consequences as well.

Nice to see Webbo starting his own branch of Project Fear 

On 09/03/2017 at 16:23, Webbo said:

It's what the "against modern football" mob always conveniently forget.

Also, when each game is pay per view, how long will it be before each team is paid per subscriber? Man United would be earning 20 times what we'd earn. twice as much as Arsenal, Chelsea,Liverpool etc. At the minute the premier league funding is reasonably fairly distributed. If we go down this route it'll be like the Spanish league where only 2 or 3 teams can win the league.

This would be my fear-we end up with a system like Spain have with two teams making all the money and the rest making up the numbers. Good plan in the short term, but inevitably a problem for the future...

I'd probably pay a maximum of £10 a month for an uninterrupted full HD stream. Currently use one that costs £4 and I find it is hit and miss still but more hits than the free ones that are all but gone. Probably going to have to try another subscription add-on. 

I don't think we realised how good we had it when we had those glorious 1080p streams a few seasons back that were free and perfect.

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd probably pay a maximum of £10 a month for an uninterrupted full HD stream. Currently use one that costs £4 and I find it is hit and miss still but more hits than the free ones that are all but gone. Probably going to have to try another subscription add-on. 

I don't think we realised how good we had it when we had those glorious 1080p streams a few seasons back that were free and perfect. 

You say that but the new website set up by the blokes who were running the reddit has been on point so far

In the US, the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and even MLS offer a "season pass" on digital, either through cable/satellite or Internet.  Each team gets an equal share. They of course charge more for pubs. Although the NFL has a "blackout" in the home market if the stadium doesn't sell out. But in general the idea you couldn't even catch your local team in a bar would be considered insane.

I saw it asked but not answered earlier in the thread. In the US, to get NBCSN you need to subscribe to, usually, the lowest cable or satellite tier available. This would also normally give you access to the many ESPN and Fox Sports channels as well as NBCSN and about 30-40 other regular channels. These tiers start at around $25-$30 a month.

On 11/03/2017 at 22:54, Cujek said:

Let me pay to watch my team, like others can in another country, **** you premier league Nd sky

Exactly most countries are treated to all live premier league games,yet if we want to watch our club in our country we have to go the online route !!

Premier League grass roots they need to rethink that !!

Archived