Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League gets Kodi piracy court order

I suspect the Premier League is loathe to offer the rights to show every game live to Sky/BT as it would undermine the ridiculous fees they get for the games they show right now. I would guess that viewing figures, and therefore subscriptions, for those games would be significantly affected as fans largely choose to watch their own teams instead of whatever is being shown.

Whatever the reasons actually are, I'm certain that they revolve almost entirely around the profits made by the Premier League and the broadcasters rather than the fans and clubs.

Sky and BT can do one if they think I'm gonna pay them for a subscription. 

They don't actually give a toss about the fans and providing a good service they just want to make as much money as is physically possible.

If I have to go to the pub to watch a game, I'm going to drink a gallon doing so.  If I can watch a stream at home I can have a nice cup of tea whilst doing so.

My missus, my liver and my wallet would not thank whoever cuts the streams off.

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

Be honest guys- I do not buy that most of people will be happy to pay for a subscription showing all of Leicester City matches when they could stream it for free.    

I deffo would. 

For legal, reliable and decent definition viewing of City's games, I would happily pay.

7 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Be honest guys- I do not buy that most of people will be happy to pay for a subscription showing all of Leicester City matches when they could stream it for free.    

Flash streams and publicly available streams are hard to find, appalling quality and always buffering so I do pay for a reliable HD stream. 

9 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I would, but it'd have to be sensibly priced. Similar to other online services (spotify/netflix etc) and not closer to the cost of attending a match.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Tbf i would happily pay £500, its like what £13 a game? They could also charge one off PPV at a slightly higher price.

It's a figure i picked out of the air and very much to the distain of others, I guess I'm just trying to get across the point that a SKY/BT Sport season pass for your favourite team coming in at say a tenner a game spread monthly over your your yearly bill is perhaps expensive but not when you consider what you'd be spending going to the matches - especially when you live outside of Leicestershire. At £10 per game, £380 quid for me would be an absolute no brainer - I just want to be able watch the matches - but for that money I'd want a choice of commentary and not be paying extra for HD/4K etc!

21 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I have to be honest and say that I would, however I would expect a significant proportion of the fee per person to go to the club.

One of the issues I have supporting my club is that I don't currently put money into it as this year I don't have a ST because of my work. I'd like to contribute ad see the games but people are forced to do so illegally (ish) and for free.

Other countries have sites which allow people to pay and watch any PL game, think its called premier league pass.

Instead, here, we are expected to pay stupid money to watch Man Utd and Chelsea. I will never pay for sky or BT sports out of sheer principle.

I will continue to let them battle with their millions to secure the games whilst i watch what i want for free.

So if you have a premium version of mobdro, have the authors of the software paid for the rights of movies and football streams, because if they haven't, the end users are being scammed, much in the same way as buying a kodi box that's fully loaded. In fact, is ebay not liable for allowing people to sell fully loaded android boxes.

Give us the option to watch a single game at a time for a reasonable price without subscribing to sky's ridiculouly overpriced sports packages and people won't need to find free streams any more, it's pretty simple

I have the full whack VM with BT & Sky Sports. As it costs me a fortune, I am taking advantage of my unlimited broadband speed of 152mb/s to ensure when needed I can observe the match I would prefer to live and broadcasted, be this be rerouted or not. I certainly contribute to the pot and revenues of the poor afflicted licence holder. They are not the ones being robbed.

9 minutes ago, les-tah said:

wasn't the reason they do not show every premier league match because it would stop people going to the grounds?

Yes, it's  not the fault of Sky / BT they are not allowed to broadcast live games on Saturdays at 3pm that is all down to the FA set up to protect the lower league clubs who it's predicted that overtime their attendances will drop. In other words the number of glory hunters would increase massively as anyone anywhere could choose a PL team and watch all their games.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Yes, it's  not the fault of Sky / BT they are not allowed to broadcast live games on Saturdays at 3pm that is all down to the FA set up to protect the lower league clubs who it's predicted that overtime their attendances will drop. In other words the number of glory hunters would increase massively as anyone anywhere could choose a PL team and watch all their games.

Yep! ultimately they cannot protect the lower league clubs forever though. Which is unfortunate.

Premier League games being on TV or streamable does not stop people going to games. In the Championship it does and it had an effect on Leicester too, but we sell out every game now whether we're on telly or not. 

Agree with nearly verything above. They've made a mess for themselves by charging such extortionate prices for what is a piss-poor package. 

Would you rather watch any game you want, without build up, or have it narrowed down, but watch it officially and see what Niall Quinn thinks afterwards.

19 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Premier League games being on TV or streamable does not stop people going to games. In the Championship it does and it had an effect on Leicester too, but we sell out every game now whether we're on telly or not. 

Agree with nearly verything above. They've made a mess for themselves by charging such extortionate prices for what is a piss-poor package. 

Would you rather watch any game you want, without build up, or have it narrowed down, but watch it officially and see what Niall Quinn thinks afterwards.

Experience of glory hunters and with less emphasis on following your local club I believe that over time it will affect lower league clubs who have already got too expensive due to the drickle down effect of the PL salaries etc. I noticed the other day Gabby Logan on room 101 complaining about half and half scarves and then went on to say her 2 sons supported different PL teams 

I guess it boils down to how much people value the existence and long term survival of those lower league clubs.

Guest bennytwohats
7 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Maybe if BT and Sky weren't so greedy and offered reasonable packages to people instead of charging extortionate rates then things would be different. 

Maybe if the PL weren't so greedy then BT and Sky wouldn't have paid so much for the rights and feel the need to pass the costs back to the consumer. Etc.

The money in football has gotten out of hand, all the way through the system it's insane. More power to the people saying they aren't going to pay the fees. No different with ticket prices as well.

At some point I can see myself just giving up on football, there is so much to dislike about it and the escalating costs will quickly get to a point where it just isn't worth it

1 hour ago, davieG said:

It's what the "against modern football" mob always conveniently forget.

Also, when each game is pay per view, how long will it be before each team is paid per subscriber? Man United would be earning 20 times what we'd earn. twice as much as Arsenal, Chelsea,Liverpool etc. At the minute the premier league funding is reasonably fairly distributed. If we go down this route it'll be like the Spanish league where only 2 or 3 teams can win the league.

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No, What people need to do is write to their MPs and continuously give them grief until the law is changed to suit the people. The Government are happy to allow Football be shown all over the world on TV but not in the UK.  This is wrong and needs to be changed. 

The FA won't do it they haven't even carried out the few requests the gov made of them . Now they have MPs pissed off with the FA. So there's no better time to raise the issue. 

Football is the national game and should be available to all Fans especially when the Grounds are full anyway.

With Murdoch pulling the strings of successive governments, I can't see any changes in favour of the non paying public being imminent. I'm sure a way round it will be found, but it won't comply with the law.

I have BT Sports and I'd happily pay to watch every Leicester game online, probably over £100 for a season.

While 95% of our matches are available via a stream nowadays, even with BT and Sky only 5% of our matches are available on TV. The ground is also sold out so it's not like we could get a matchday ticket instead.

Gaming and music have found the answer to pirating. Make prices affordable and solutions easy to use (Steam, iTunes, Spotify etc.) and people flock to the services ahead of pirating.

Archived