Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest LCFC_World

Tattoos

Guest LCFC_World

Hi all, 

I'm considering getting a tattoo, but I just had a few questions first. 

- How did you know what to get? 

- Did you get something meaningful or just something that looked good?

- Did you regret your decision to get a tattoo? 

Just thought I'd make this topic as it is a big decision to make if you think about it as its gonna be there your whole life lol 

I had a few when i was young 16 to 18, just ones in the book in the shop. Had each and every one of them covered up now. Make sure you like what you get, mine are a mixture of things i like and pieces that remind me of things/places. Make sure to use a decent tattooist and don't be afraid to ask to see pics of their previous work doing similar to what you want if possible. 

Oh and prepare to get addicted. 

I got my first when I was 28, I'm now 37 and I've got 15 I think. So addictive. 

Just go for what you like, I'm into all the old school designs, so all of mine are Sailor Jerry designs.

I'd say never get one where you can't conceal it, like hands or neck, but that's a personal choice really.

Make sure you go to a decent place and get a decent artist. If you're having a custom piece, don't be afraid to be fussy and get them to tweak the design if you're not happy, and once the stencil is on you, don't be afraid to ask them to move it if you aren't completely happy.

And if it costs a lot, or you have to wait a while for an appointment, so be it, it'll be worth it.

Don't be tempted to do it on the cheap.

Guest LCFC_World
7 hours ago, browniefox said:

I had a few when i was young 16 to 18, just ones in the book in the shop. Had each and every one of them covered up now. Make sure you like what you get, mine are a mixture of things i like and pieces that remind me of things/places. Make sure to use a decent tattooist and don't be afraid to ask to see pics of their previous work doing similar to what you want if possible. 

Oh and prepare to get addicted. 

If I were to go in to a shop and show them a few different images, and say things that I'm interested, would they be able to incorporate that in to one design? I'm just struggling to decide on one thing :/ 

2 hours ago, LCFC_World said:

If I were to go in to a shop and show them a few different images, and say things that I'm interested, would they be able to incorporate that in to one design? I'm just struggling to decide on one thing :/ 

Yeah, definitely. That's the best thing to do. In my experience, they're all very creative and come up with something even better than you're imagining. 

At the end of the day, they'll do their best for you. They want the business and most of it is built on recommendations. 

Keep it simple ...    The old ones are the best ....    A simple cross or perhaps a few letters on your knuckles.   And if you really want to go to town a nice swallow on the back of your hand or a dotted line and cut here round your neck.  :thumbup:

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, definitely. That's the best thing to do. In my experience, they're all very creative and come up with something even better than you're imagining. 

At the end of the day, they'll do their best for you. They want the business and most of it is built on recommendations. 

And if you're not happy with something tell them, you don't want a tattoo you're not totally happy with after spending so much time sorting it. 

Also, I don't know where you're planning on having it, but if you're thinking of loads of different things and can't decide, pick one or two, then add to it later to incorporate them all into one thing, like a sleeve.

The tattooist can help you plan than.

That's good for 2 reasons...you'll be addicted and want more, plus it's return business for the artist and it might be a little bit cheaper if he knows you're going back!

• 6 months later...

tbh she chose a poor design in a questionable place and clearly had it done by a very shit tattooist. 

some chest tattoos can look great on girls but that's just a shit tattoo. 

if you're gonna get inked up at least hold out for a decent artist who can come up with a good design ffs.

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

tbh she chose a poor design in a questionable place and clearly had it done by a very shit tattooist. 

Yep. When you look at that tattoo, you just think: rough, rough, rough.

Still, shouldn't hound the poor girl. She just needs a good role model to give her a lead.

Archived