Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

8 hours ago, Dames said:

Pay the price or we'll miss out as we did with Keane last year. Transfer fees are only going to get even more stupid so £25 Million for a player knocking on the door of the England squad isn't too bad. Just pay it.

If he keeps on progressing the way he's been going then 20 to 25 could be a really solid investment. Plus it would be great to have 2 of England's CBs playing for us.

On 30/06/2017 at 18:33, TaggertvsWise said:

Just spent the last hour of the hour of my holiday sitting in the bar near his entourage reading my book over a beer. Sounds like he's annoyed with Middlesbrough for issuing a 'no sale at any price' message so I think he will move. Didn't want to come across a complete tosser by rocking over, interrupting his family and friends and telling him to 'sign for Leicester mate, you'll be a ****ing legend' and give him the double guns as I strode out all cock sure so I instead slipped the barman 10 euro to get a drink for him and his missus on LCFC and slipped out stage left. 

Boro fan here, I really can't see this being true. I'm not calling you a liar as I obviously don't know what was said, but I think you may be hearing what you want to. Gibson is our owners nephew, their family is very close, if he wasn't happy with something there's no need for him to vent on holiday. Gibson's dad is heavily involved in his career so wouldn't need updating whilst on holiday.

I expect him to leave this summer, for a minimum of £25m, I think you'd be a good destination for him. He's better than Maguire, he's a massive character on the pitch and I could see him being your captain in the long term, good organiser, strong lad, reads the game very well and has that knack of always making last ditch tackles. He's a very, very good player.

4 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Boro fan here, I really can't see this being true. I'm not calling you a liar as I obviously don't know what was said, but I think you may be hearing what you want to. Gibson is our owners nephew, their family is very close, if he wasn't happy with something there's no need for him to vent on holiday. Gibson's dad is heavily involved in his career so wouldn't need updating whilst on holiday.

I expect him to leave this summer, for a minimum of £25m, I think you'd be a good destination for him. He's better than Maguire, he's a massive character on the pitch and I could see him being your captain in the long term, good organiser, strong lad, reads the game very well and has that knack of always making last ditch tackles. He's a very, very good player.

Nicely done .... I like your update ..

13 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Thanks for that. I believe what you've said rather than the I slipped the bar man a tenner story.

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

What part about that story don't you believe?

As the boro lad said Gibson has close connections to the club and is highly regarded. Can't see him 'venting' on holiday when he's with his family. Why would you want to do that?  That's not professional at all. If it happened ok I hope he comes to City because he's got potential.

32 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Hmmm I get you are not calling me a liar and I appreciate that as I am not. I heard dismay from Ben at the fact the Middlesbrough had says not for sale at any price. That is what was said and I am unsure how that constitutes "hearing what you want to" I am just updating people on a forum as that is what these sort of message boards are for. I have know idea of your knowledge, basis of statement or credibility but as I don't entertain liars I am going to assume it's all above board so I won't speculate or ask but of course you are free to your own comments or opinion.

2 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

As the boro lad said Gibson has close connections to the club and is highly regarded. Can't see him 'venting' on holiday when he's with his family. Why would you want to do that?  That's not professional at all. If it happened ok I hope he comes to City because he's got potential.

No one vented anything. One older chap on the table asked him what the situation was and allI have done is reported what I heard him say.

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

No one vented anything. One older chap on the table asked him what the situation was and allI have done is reported what I heard him say.

ok thanks for the clarification. I had this thought in my head you were piling him with booze and he was bad mouthing the club. No hard feelings.

Just now, foxoffderby said:

ok thanks for the clarification. I had this thought in my head you were piling him with booze and he was bad mouthing the club. No hard feelings.

Oh no nothing of the sort. I was sitting near there table, my ears pricked up when I heard certain questions...

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Older chap will almost definitely be his dad, who like I said is very involved in his career, and would already know that situation.

The reason I said hearing what you want to is with regards to the tone of how he said it and whether he was actually dismayed as you suggest. Monk would like to keep him here, I'm sure he'd also like Messi here but both situations won't happen in my mind. Us saying he's not for sale at any price is to get the highest fee possible for him, I have no doubt he would've had that explained to him in detail.

Funny how I was going on about how superior Maguire is to Gibson a few weeks ago but now that we look like signing both they're suddenly equals in my eyes. Michael Keane? Nathan Ake? Never heard of them. 

(I really should have learned by now that it is easier to expect the worst, but apparently I have not.)

28 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Older chap will almost definitely be his dad, who like I said is very involved in his career, and would already know that situation.

The reason I said hearing what you want to is with regards to the tone of how he said it and whether he was actually dismayed as you suggest. Monk would like to keep him here, I'm sure he'd also like Messi here but both situations won't happen in my mind. Us saying he's not for sale at any price is to get the highest fee possible for him, I have no doubt he would've had that explained to him in detail.

Only one one person can answer a call though.. maybe Ben  just got off the phone from someone?

13 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Funny how I was going on about how superior Maguire is to Gibson a few weeks ago but now that we look like signing both they're suddenly equals in my eyes. Michael Keane? Nathan Ake? Never heard of them. 

(I really should have learned by now that it is easier to expect the worst, but apparently I have not.)

I'd have Keane and Gibson on the same level personally, if not Gibson a bit higher for him being a leader and talker. Gibson gets a worse rep due to us being awful, I fully believe that had our positions in the league been reversed (and Keane not been ex-Man U) Gibson would be rated higher by most. Both are better than Maguire at the moment, but Maguire has potential as well. Ake's fee is laughable, if he was at a Boro or Burnley he'd be going for ~£10m.

2 hours ago, BoroWill said:

For a minimum of £25m? I'm sorry I understand your a boro fan. But the lads only had one season in the prem. to say your gonna get a minimum of £25m for him is laughable. There's rumours going around that Mahrez will be going for that lol 

38 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

For a minimum of £25m? I'm sorry I understand your a boro fan. But the lads only had one season in the prem. to say your gonna get a minimum of £25m for him is laughable. There's rumours going around that Mahrez will be going for that lol 

English premium mate. If Mahrez was called Dave Smith and was a homegrown player he'd comfortably go for over £50m.

Whether you agree or not, he won't be leaving for less.

1 minute ago, BoroWill said:

English premium mate. If Mahrez was called Dave Smith and was a homegrown player he'd comfortably go for over £50m.

Whether you agree or not, he won't be leaving for less.

If Gibson's price is 25m then I think he'll be a Boro player next season.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely.

Nobody will pay 25m for him so happy days for you lot.

You paid £17m for Maguire, who Gibson is much more proven than. Everton are paying £31m for Keane, who is equally as proven as Gibson. Somewhere in the middle for Gibson is fair in my mind.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Just pretend he's a thoroughly nice geezer then and you'll be sound. 

I've just been for dinner at my hotel (lopesan baobab in Gran Canaria) and Jon Rudkin is here with 9 of his family. Had a laptop briefcase with him so might try steal that tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, chadlcfc said:

I've just been for dinner at my hotel (lopesan baobab in Gran Canaria) and Jon Rudkin is here with 9 of his family. Had a laptop briefcase with him so might try steal that tomorrow 

Slip a tenner to the barman and tell him its from Gibson's entourage for Rudders

5 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

You paid £17m for Maguire, who Gibson is much more proven than. Everton are paying £31m for Keane, who is equally as proven as Gibson. Somewhere in the middle for Gibson is fair in my mind.

We paid 12m for Maguire.

Archived