Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Just spent the last hour of the hour of my holiday sitting in the bar near his entourage reading my book over a beer. Sounds like he's annoyed with Middlesbrough for issuing a 'no sale at any price' message so I think he will move. Didn't want to come across a complete tosser by rocking over, interrupting his family and friends and telling him to 'sign for Leicester mate, you'll be a ****ing legend' and give him the double guns as I strode out all cock sure so I instead slipped the barman 10 euro to get a drink for him and his missus on LCFC and slipped out stage left. 

46 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just been told we have asked about the availability of Gibson. Bid is imminent.

Taggs you're a ****ing lege - look what you'e gone and done!

He's had his lcfc sparkling water and "thought sod it, they're a class act" and told his agent to tip city the nod. 

Well done lad!

34 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

Exceptional work. 

Imagine though if they think it's the actual Club and we get done for tapping up lol

Good point. Just nipped out to remind the barman it's from a fan, thankfully he hadn't mentioned it yet. His entourage had retired for the night so hopefully a subtle offer of a prepaid drink for him and his missus coupled with a credible rumoured offer will be a nice touch tomorrow as I jet off home. Gentlemen, my work here is done.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So despite the early parts of this thread.... we’re excited about signing someone whose only hype is because he’s young and English again then? 

He's played a season in the Prem with very good stats, selected for England and has many years ahead of him. Not too tall for a CB which is a drawback but can play the ball out without panicking. Always a gamble at this age but the upside is huge.

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It's threads like this that make the transfer window worth all the rubbish you have to wade through lol

Well done, Agent @TaggertvsWise. Probably should have added a note on a napkin to slice you some of the agent's fees and all ;)

Hmmm yes good shout. Box seats are the least I should have fished for, ho hum, just happy to play my part.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He's played a season in the Prem with very good stats, selected for England and has many years ahead of him. Not too tall for a CB which is a drawback but can play the ball out without panicking. Always a gamble at this age but the upside is huge.

I understand, I just think the fact he is the owners nephew and Southgate was probably obliged to pick him given his background probably has some weight in those facts.

Dont get me wrong id love him to be great... but he fits the “hyped because he’s young English and connected bill” perfectly!

24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So despite the early parts of this thread.... we’re excited about signing someone whose only hype is because he’s young and English again then? 

IMG_1681.GIF.4423dfddcb9f60c22cc162cb6d583529.GIF

I think the risk is worth it, can you imagine Maguire Gibson Keane as England's top 3 centre backs, we may own 2 out of 3 in a year or two :) 

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If we get him then surely Morgan is off. Would we spend over 40mil on defenders then bench them? It's a defensive revolution, not evolution.

probably means benalouane is leaving, not morgan.

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

probably means benalouane is leaving, not morgan.

Wouldn't want to see Morgan or Huth play against us, they've earnt the right to a couple of years easy wages imo followed by a coaching role for life. :)

27 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Wes Morgan is about 6ft 1? That's not tall for a CB. 

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If we get him then surely Morgan is off. Would we spend over 40mil on defenders then bench them? It's a defensive revolution, not evolution.

I would love to see him partnered up with Maguire which I agree would leave very little playing time for Morgan & Huth. I think Benallouane will be gone for sure but we need 4 CBs to cover the 2 spots available....Not too sure how far Elliot Moore is along yet . I'm guessing we will see him in the pre_season

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Wes Morgan is about 6ft 1? That's not tall for a CB. 

No it's not and Wes doesn't get beaten too often in the air. Gibson not being super tall is not a deal breaker for me

Just now, Devonfox1884 said:

According to google, Gibson is the same height as Morgan. He would have to stop tucking in his shirt to get the green light from me, however... lol

My eleven year old Grandson play organized football and the team rule is that all shirts must be tucked in ..... Drives me nuts

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Excellent work @TaggertvsWise!!

Though...

Imagine the scenes when Boro complain to the FA accusing LCFC of using dodgy tactics to acquire players....

?

Stalking to holiday resorts is class! lol Genuinely put a big smile on my face reading tags posts earlier, brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

According to google, Gibson is the same height as Morgan. He would have to stop tucking in his shirt to get the green light from me, however... lol

To be fair he doesn't look big, I'm 6ft and probably have 15-20 Kgs on him but I suppose with big Harry alongside him it won't matter too much

19 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I think the risk is worth it, can you imagine Maguire Gibson Keane as England's top 3 centre backs, we may own 2 out of 3 in a year or two :) 

I can imagine it yes. But then I look at Chelsea signing Rudiger who is considered as a reserve for Germany for £30m and realise I should have no concern over who England back 4 are.

i know that’s harsh but this summers tournaments have pointed out the harsh reality of how poor in quality and depth the England side is.

But as I’ve said above I’d love maguire chilwell Keane and Gibson to be successful and do well for England... I just can’t see it is all. 

Just now, AjcW said:

I can imagine it yes. But then I look at Chelsea signing Rudiger who is considered as a reserve for Germany for £30m and realise I should have no concern over who England back 4 are.

i know that’s harsh but this summers tournaments have pointed out he harsh reality of how poor in quality and depth the England side is.

But as I’ve said above I’d love maguire chilwell Keane and Gibson to be successful and do well for England... I just can’t see it is all. 

England as a national team are a mess for sure lol individuals are usually successful at club level though :) 

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

To be fair he doesn't look big, I'm 6ft and probably have 15-20 Kgs on him but I suppose with big Harry alongside him it won't matter too much

Agreed, Maguire certainly looks more of a unit. Out of interest though, I've checked and it seems Maguire is 6'2 - only one inch taller than Gibson!

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Agreed, Maguire certainly looks more of a unit. Out of interest though, I've checked and it seems Maguire is 6'2 - only one inch taller than Gibson!

I think a bulky 6:2 appears much bigger than a lean 6:1. Mobility & strength, the contrast is potentially delicious.

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Maguire is taller than huddlestone by about 2 inches and huddlestone is apparently 6ft 2. Maguire is either 6ft 3 or 6ft 4. Gibson is 6ft 2.

Archived