Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Maguire is taller than huddlestone by about 2 inches and huddlestone is apparently 6ft 2. Maguire is either 6ft 3 or 6ft 4. Gibson is 6ft 2.

Yeh I thought that, everywhere reports maguire at 6,2" and it's just wrong lol the guy is an absolute monster, literally taller than the guy that played predator lol

46 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He's played a season in the Prem with very good stats, selected for England and has many years ahead of him. Not too tall for a CB which is a drawback but can play the ball out without panicking. Always a gamble at this age but the upside is huge.

18 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Wes Morgan is about 6ft 1? That's not tall for a CB

8 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Agreed, Maguire certainly looks more of a unit. Out of interest though, I've checked and it seems Maguire is 6'2 - only one inch taller than Gibson!

I remember a CB who did ok for himself, and he was only 5' 11".

5956b9fe98e85_BobbyMoore.png.1755f993b1663bdfa1bf77bfb70f60a9.png

19 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Agreed, Maguire certainly looks more of a unit. Out of interest though, I've checked and it seems Maguire is 6'2 - only one inch taller than Gibson!

Maguire is 6'4 apparently, it was shown on the LCFC TV clip of him getting his medical

for those interested - https://www.lcfc.com/lcfctv/420318 (6 ft 4+ inches on left, 194 cm on right)

24 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

To be fair he doesn't look big, I'm 6ft and probably have 15-20 Kgs on him but I suppose with big Harry alongside him it won't matter too much

A footballing brain and knowing where to be is more important than height in a CB but to be honest it's nice if he is smart and tall. Having said that I'll take Gibson every day of the week at 6.1 though.

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

A footballing brain and knowing where to be is more important than height in a CB but to be honest it's nice if he is smart and tall. Having said that I'll take Gibson every day of the week at 6.1 though.

He looks about 6:1, 6:2 feels a push to me. But yes to all the above. 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Just been told we have asked about the availability of Gibson. Bid is imminent.

What a stupid fcukin question. Of course he's available, the question is what's the bunce needed to get him. Rudkin is such a hillman. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What a stupid fcukin question. Of course he's available, the question is what's the bunce needed to get him. Rudkin is such a hillman. 

To be fair I have heard out of the mouth of Gibson that Middlesbrough have slapped a 'not for sale at any price' tag on him so to ask is probably just a prelim courtesy step

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The incessant whinging about Rudkin is getting seriously boring.

6 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

To be fair I have heard out of the mouth of Gibson that Middlesbrough have slapped a 'not for sale at any price' tag on him so to ask is probably just a prelim courtesy step

The team can always say that but everybody and their dog knows that it's bullshit. There is always a price.

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I think a bulky 6:2 appears much bigger than a lean 6:1. Mobility & strength, the contrast is potentially delicious.

Careful, if you're still in the hotel Ben might hear you knocking one out ?

"Ooohhh Gibbbssssssonnnnnnnnn"

40 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Amen to that. 

Yep, I am rather heartened by the pace of this window, and am beginning to talk myself into it being Claudio's influence that had us miss on so many last summer.

13 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Read the article in the mockery that we think 25m is to steep. You can garuntee that other potential suitors will think 25m is good value

If Keane went for £30 million Gibson shouldn't be too far over £20 million. 

Pay the price or we'll miss out as we did with Keane last year. Transfer fees are only going to get even more stupid so £25 Million for a player knocking on the door of the England squad isn't too bad. Just pay it.

Archived