Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If Gibson's price is 25m then I think he'll be a Boro player next season.

I doubt that very much. Keane is apparently going to be low thirties, Stones was fifty. A young English CB like Gibson who is already on the England squad is going to be twenty with add-ons making it around twenty five give or take a few bob. He is definite quality, the type of player you build a team around.

51 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

You paid £17m for Maguire, who Gibson is much more proven than. Everton are paying £31m for Keane, who is equally as proven as Gibson. Somewhere in the middle for Gibson is fair in my mind.

I'm not sure that gibson is any more proven than maguire tbh. Id have thought a fee with add ons to around 20m. I guess it depends how many clubs get involved and whether you can make it an auction

Just now, toddybad said:

I'm not sure that gibson is any more proven than maguire tbh. Id have thought a fee with add ons to around 20m. I guess it depends how many clubs get involved and whether you can make it an auction

One has been a mainstay in a resolute defence for the past 3 years, the other only managed to get a consistent run of games at this level since Marco Silva went to Hull. Gibson played every minute of premier league football this season, Maguire missed over 1000.

15 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

One has been a mainstay in a resolute defence for the past 3 years, the other only managed to get a consistent run of games at this level since Marco Silva went to Hull. Gibson played every minute of premier league football this season, Maguire missed over 1000.

Lets be honest, Middlesborough know what they have with Gibson. They don't need to fire sale him. The longer it goes on, the higher the price becomes. Once Keane signs for 30 plus next week then Gibsons value increases. We need to just get the deal done ASAP to let other players out there know that Leicester is serious.

4 hours ago, chadlcfc said:

I've just been for dinner at my hotel (lopesan baobab in Gran Canaria) and Jon Rudkin is here with 9 of his family. Had a laptop briefcase with him so might try steal that tomorrow 

Really, are you serious?!

7 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Really, are you serious?!

Yes 100% will try get a picture. Didn't take my phone to dinner so went and got it. He had a laptop case with him so thought he might of gone to one of the wifi areas after but couldn't see him. 

11 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I doubt that very much. Keane is apparently going to be low thirties, Stones was fifty. A young English CB like Gibson who is already on the England squad is going to be twenty with add-ons making it around twenty five give or take a few bob. He is definite quality, the type of player you build a team around.

The ironic thing about all of this is that Maguire, Gibson and Keane are all emphatically better defenders than John Stones.

8 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

The ironic thing about all of this is that Maguire, Gibson and Keane are all emphatically better defenders than John Stones.

Yes .. Without a doubt. Man City overpaid as per usual....

12 hours ago, BoroWill said:

You paid £17m for Maguire, who Gibson is much more proven than. Everton are paying £31m for Keane, who is equally as proven as Gibson. Somewhere in the middle for Gibson is fair in my mind.

On what planet is Gibson as proven as Keane? Keane has played three seasons in this league.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

On what planet is Gibson as proven as Keane? Keane has played three seasons in this league.

57 premier league appearances for Keane

38 premier league appearances for Gibson

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Keane has two seasons in this league, 35 appearances this year, 22 two years ago when Burnley were relegated for a total of 57. I'd say that's fairly comparable when you account for Keane been given opportunities that Gibson didn't simply because he was a youth prospect from Manchester United. Both have England call ups.

12 hours ago, chadlcfc said:

I've just been for dinner at my hotel (lopesan baobab in Gran Canaria) and Jon Rudkin is here with 9 of his family. Had a laptop briefcase with him so might try steal that tomorrow 

Apparently he's still there trying to negotiate a buy back clause into his dinner!

34 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

57 premier league appearances for Keane

38 premier league appearances for Gibson

So he's not comparable then is he, because apparently Gibson playing 9 or 10 more games then Maguire makes him "much more proven".

26 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Keane has two seasons in this league, 35 appearances this year, 22 two years ago when Burnley were relegated for a total of 57. I'd say that's fairly comparable when you account for Keane been given opportunities that Gibson didn't simply because he was a youth prospect from Manchester United. Both have England call ups.

So absolutely not even close to being as proven as each other then using your own logic.

Archived