Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Amazing. We must be the most unprofessional Premier League winners since the turn of the millennium haha. 

He's got his laptop and phone on him, what more do you want?

I realise that Rudkin-bashing is entirely de rigueur on these pages, but to cut him (and the whole club) a little slack, my understanding is that transfers are complex, and generally speaking, long drawn-out affairs, often reliant on a number of factors, many of which are likely entirely outside the control of the club, or any individuals therein.

Sorry to be so reasonable and all.

35 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Apparently he's still there trying to negotiate a buy back clause into his dinner!

He enquired about the fillet steak and after some haggling he settled on the fish and chips for £24.99.

13 hours ago, BoroWill said:

English premium mate. If Mahrez was called Dave Smith and was a homegrown player he'd comfortably go for over £50m.

Whether you agree or not, he won't be leaving for less.

You could have said the same for Maguire.

2 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He's probably playing Football Manager from 2010 and trying to fast track his rise to DOF.  

lol some important scouting.. This Eden Dzeko from Wolfsburg looks a bit of alright, might try and sign him when I get home and put a £20m buy-out clause in his contract!

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People do realise it's quite possible to do deals with a phone and laptop don't they.

And carrier pigeon. 

55 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People do realise it's quite possible to do deals with a phone and laptop don't they.

Yet rudkin Is likely to put a message in a bottle and hope it gets there in time...

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So absolutely not even close to being as proven as each other then using your own logic.

You're making the assumption that any appearance in the premier league is equal and therefore having 19 more appearances makes Keane more proven, when it clearly isn't true. You're also making the assumption that the only reason I said Gibson is much more proven that Maguire is due to this same logic, again, this clearly isn't the case. 

If you can find one example of people fawning over Michael Keane during his first premier league season with Burnley, I'd be very surprised because he wasn't very good, he matured massively in the championship in their promotion season and has gone from strength to strength. I'll say the same about Maguire, he struggled to get in Hulls team in the championship and was stop and start in the Prem until Silva joined Hull.

16 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Could have said what for Maguire?

You said the 'English premium' inflates the price to make Gibson worth 25mn.

You can quote more than one individual comment but after years on this forum I still haven't worked how!

I'd have thought a better holiday slot as DoF is when the transfer window is shut. 

Gibson looked very average to me last season, but so did Keane to me this time last year and I genuinely consider Stones one of the worst defenders in the league so what do I know?!

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

You said the 'English premium' inflates the price to make Gibson worth 25mn.

You can quote more than one individual comment but after years on this forum I still haven't worked how!

Just click the quote button on each post you want to quote.

Simples really. lol

Archived