Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's reminding me of that thread where Martin O'Neill was apparently spotted having a meeting at The Belfry when we had no manager a few seasons back..

lol

those were the days! first hand gossip rather than having to rely on twitter for incorrect info!!

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Sadly yes, just left him sun bathing by the pool with his missus. When I say 'left him' I mean I have spent most of the morning prancing by in my City shirt. 

sorry but you made me laugh with the prancing bitlol

5 minutes ago, Kevinparr71 said:

If they want £25 million as is quoted why don't we just pay it other teams are linked with him if he is what we want let's just do it

That's not really how a sustainable business works, mate...

Unfortunately it has caused us to lose out on players in the past, but still.

14 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Ake -20mil

Keane -25mil

Maguire - 17/12mil??

Is Gibson really worth 25?? I'm assuming he wouldn't be at the top of that list in terms of ability?

He's been in the last few England squads which naturally adds a premium.

22 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Ake -20mil

Keane -25mil

Maguire - 17/12mil??

Is Gibson really worth 25?? I'm assuming he wouldn't be at the top of that list in terms of ability?

Not for me, I'd have him at the bottle of the pile of that lot. Boro played such a ridiculously defensive game that it's hard to tell whether someone is good, or the system they played with zero attacking meant he wasn't that exposed. Plus I'm not keen on small centre backs.

On ‎26‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 21:03, TaggertvsWise said:

Saw him poolside again today but was too preoccupied trying to stop my daughter from drowning. Plan is to wear my tour CL city shirt tomorrow or the next day poolside which has 'Porto' & '16' on the back which should prove a good ice breaker

Plastic.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not for me, I'd have him at the bottle of the pile of that lot. Boro played such a ridiculously defensive game that it's hard to tell whether someone is good, or the system they played with zero attacking meant he wasn't that exposed. Plus I'm not keen on small centre backs.

Agreed. I think Maguire looks a better player personally. 

1 hour ago, Adster said:

That's not really how a sustainable business works, mate...

Unfortunately it has caused us to lose out on players in the past, but still.

I hear that, but I would argue that a willingness to spend for young talent -- especially early in the transfer window -- positions us to get better talent later in the window as a consequence of being a more competitive team. Along with that is the idea that better teams don't need to overpay as much for players. For instance, if we snagged Gylfi by just paying the 40 mill, presto, we would suddenly be on people's radars who are presently indifferent. I think that going Maguire and Gibson, two assets likely to appreciate barring injury, would achieve a similar effect, and are a much better place to invest for the club than the markets. The way talent is appreciating, there will always be a sizable market for young defenders, same with defenders in their prime. Can flip these guys for a tidy profit in a couple years time if need be, and we can hedge against injury with insurance policies. Very little downside. 

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Sadly yes, just left him sun bathing by the pool with his missus. When I say 'left him' I mean I have spent most of the morning prancing by in my City shirt. 

Get him a drink, rub sun cream in his back for him. Do whatever it takes Tag.

Just spent the last hour of the hour of my holiday sitting in the bar near his entourage reading my book over a beer. Sounds like he's annoyed with Middlesbrough for issuing a 'no sale at any price' message so I think he will move. Didn't want to come across a complete tosser by rocking over, interrupting his family and friends and telling him to 'sign for Leicester mate, you'll be a ****ing legend' and give him the double guns as I strode out all cock sure so I instead slipped the barman 10 euro to get a drink for him and his missus on LCFC and slipped out stage left. 

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Just spent the last hour of the hour of my holiday sitting in the bar near his entourage reading my book over a beer. Sounds like he's annoyed with Middlesbrough for issuing a 'no sale at any price' message so I think he will move. Didn't want to come across a complete tosser by rocking over, interrupting his family and friends and telling him to 'sign for Leicester mate, you'll be a ****ing legend' and give him the double guns as I strode out all cock sure so I instead slipped the barman 10 euro to get a drink for him and his missus on LCFC and slipped out stage left. 

That's the ice covered then .......

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Exceptional work. 

Imagine though if they think it's the actual Club and we get done for tapping up lol

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just been told we have asked about the availability of Gibson. Bid is imminent.

Makes all the sense in the world, especially if we think we can get Evans for sure with an improved offer -- make an exploding bid for Gibson, and if no, we swoop and take Evans and move on with the business. Tidy AF. Two young Prem-proven CBs would be great to have in pocket this early, though Evans would likely be just as good the next 3 years, just a lesser asset. Would be a great young core to have Gibson, Maguire, Ndidi, Gray, possibly Mendy (25) and Amartey (22) as well as Drinkwater and Albrighton both being 27 when the season starts, plus guys like Matty James, Elliot Moore, Hughes. Really gives the team legitimacy for the long-term, showing we are not just trying to milk this veteran team for all we can, but looking to actively grow the club with young talent.

10 minutes ago, vanity said:

Makes all the sense in the world, especially if we think we can get Evans for sure with an improved offer -- make an exploding bid for Gibson, and if no, we swoop and take Evans and move on with the business. Tidy AF. Two young Prem-proven CBs would be great to have in pocket this early, though Evans would likely be just as good the next 3 years, just a lesser asset. Would be a great young core to have Gibson, Maguire, Ndidi, Gray, possibly Mendy (25) and Amartey (22) as well as Drinkwater and Albrighton both being 27 when the season starts, plus guys like Matty James, Elliot Moore, Hughes. Really gives the team legitimacy for the long-term, showing we are not just trying to milk this veteran team for all we can, but looking to actively grow the club with young talent.

Chilwell

Archived