Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So just to establish, given that the tories got thrown out of power in 1997, does that mean that everything Thatcher did was wrong and a bad idea? And that's even if we accept your blatant misinterpretation of toddybad (he's clearly saying that we had plenty of business at 28% corporation tax, when what Labour are proposing would still amount to a reduction to compared to 7 years ago, it's not realistic to say that it's a massive danger to the economy given we've done fine with higher in recent history).

Well the economy was in good shape in 97 and the election in 2010 followed the worst slump in 80 years but if you want to take offence at a bit of piss taking go ahead.

Just now, Webbo said:

Well the economy was in good shape in 97 and the election in 2010 followed the worst slump in 80 years but if you want to take offence at a bit of piss taking go ahead.

Clearly not taken offence, and as for the recession - everyone knows by this point what caused it, and where it began. So, did labours corporation tax policy cause a lack of regulation and oversight in the financial industry?

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Clearly not taken offence, and as for the recession - everyone knows by this point what caused it, and where it began. So, did labours corporation tax policy cause a lack of regulation and oversight in the financial industry?

Labour did set up the FSA, but we're getting off the point.

40 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Perhaps that's why Labour left power?

lol

Nice to see that you're open to considering the reality of the situation and not just backing blue whatever......

Embarrassing :nigel: 

Did very well with the audience questions and got better as he went on with Paxman. I don't think he'll have harmed himself much with that performance. A lot better than I was expecting I must say. Then I wasn't expecting much.

Well security was always his weak hand so JP went for that. Let's hope Paxman does his job and goes hard on the collapse of the public sector with May.

Paxman got annoying half way through that. Almost like he feels like he has to keep up to his reputation. Some good his on past comments though, and as much as people might dismiss them as past comments, it's the kind of thing that will prevent floating voters from ticking the Labour box

Strange line of questioning from Paxman. Corbyn's use of humour to deflect questions he didn't want to answer seemed to be a reoccurring tactic that worked quite well, I feel he said a lot without really saying anything though. 

Guest MattP

Paxman hammered Corbyn, again no idea on security.  Audience is easy as no comeback, numerous people who post on here could handle it.

I fear for May, it could be rape when Paxo goes in.

Surely the response to the question on the Brexit negotiations should have been "HAVE YOU EVER DONE A NEGOTIATION PAXMAN? YOU DON'T TELL EVERY ONE HOW MUCH YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY, BECAUSE THE OTHER SIDE WILL IMMEDIATELY ASK FOR MORE YOU GIBBERING FECKTARD"

Tory PM being asked questions about pensioners......

rather hear her talk about what she's doing for the young.

Archived