Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

General Election, June 8th

18 minutes ago, iniesta said:

The lefts obsession with the NHS is an illness. It's like they've nothing else to say...

Because I quite like not having to pay to have treatment for my mental health disorder. Because I quite like my mother not having to pay for having treatment for her chronic kidney disease. Because in my opinion, healthcare is a right and not a privilege.

Just now, MattP said:

Behave. 

That was a disaster first few questions but she got a gift at the end, chance to say no deal and play the patriotic card. 

CCHQ will be delighted, she was better than I thought but I expected a disaster.

She came out with her poon intacf

2 minutes ago, iniesta said:

It needs reform. European health care is far superior to the NHS. Using the NHS as a political tool is a disservice to us all.

The NHS is entirely political.

We spend less on health than most of Europe and other significant nations

http://www.who.int/gho/health_financing/total_expenditure/en/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/20/nhs-funding-falling-behind-european-neighbours-kings-fund-research

http://visual.ons.gov.uk/how-does-uk-healthcare-spending-compare-internationally/

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Behave. 

That was a disaster first few questions but she got a gift at the end, chance to say no deal and play the patriotic card. 

CCHQ will be delighted, she was better than I thought but I expected a disaster.

She did okay tonight. Bit of a gimme for her towards the end by Paxo. The quote was my resposne to somebody saying that the left bang on about the NHS by showing that the right also bangs on when it wants to

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Behave. 

I do think Paxman made himself look silly at the end with that question. She can not say she'd be prepared to walk without a deal as the consequences of that would be horrendous. I do think though the interview in general highlighted a lack of credibility.

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

When, tell me...don't mess with me bruv 

You'll have to phone a premium rate number to get access to the channel which announces the detail of the exclusive live event. Just text HARD BREXIT to 089751

Don't want to spoiler it too much, but like many of the other things Theresa May is in charge of, it ends with everyone involved in a sticky mess.

EDIT: Please contact the bill payer before texting. Texts will be charged at £100,000 (or your house) per message. You may receive promotional messages.

If Paxo wanted to do a proper job there were plenty of questions that could be asked to follow on from her walking away.

Think the loser tonight was Paxo tbf

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, toddybad said:

She did okay tonight. Bit of a gimme for her towards the end by Paxo. The quote was my resposne to somebody saying that the left bang on about the NHS by showing that the right also bangs on when it wants to

It was.

Although Corbyn did as well looking back, said he'd sign a blank cheque with no response. 

Three hours without a mind changed I'd imagine. 

Just now, orangecity23 said:

You'll have to phone a premium rate number to get access to the channel which announces the detail of the exclusive live event.

Don't want to spoiler it too much, but like many of the other things Theresa May is in charge of, it ends with everyone involved in a sticky mess.

As long as she is on the end of the line, and will suck my nipplez, I'm ok

4 minutes ago, toddybad said:

More money should be given if it's spent correctly, but it never is. Any talk of reform is shot down by the left. This is a mistake in my opinion. It's broke and needs fixing. 

5 minutes ago, iniesta said:

More money should be given if it's spent correctly, but it never is. Any talk of reform is shot down by the left. This is a mistake in my opinion. It's broke and needs fixing. 

As you apparently understand how money is spent in the NHS I'm sure you'd like the opportunity to explain exactly where you think that money is spent incorrectly and where you think it could be spent better?

There are changes that could be made - reverse the reorganisation that the Tories put in place regarding commissioning organisations - but providers (hospitals, mental health trusts etc) are virtually ripping up the floorboards to find savings. It's all that's talked about in board meetings. 

IMO you're just writing lazy nonsense and I'll be stunned if you can back it up with any real discussion of the issues.

Oh, and FYI, the Tories implemented a huge reorganisation which has been disastrous so the idea that the left stops them reforming is laughable - if only somebody had stopped it!

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I do think Paxman made himself look silly at the end with that question. She can not say she'd be prepared to walk without a deal as the consequences of that would be horrendous. I do think though the interview in general highlighted a lack of credibility.

It was a gift to be honest, I was screaming at her to shout "No deal, I'll never sell the British people out"

It's a pretty crap option to be honest, I genuinely think Ed Miliband or David Cameron would win against either or.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

It was a gift to be honest, I was screaming at her to shout "No deal, I'll never sell the British people out"

It's a pretty crap option to be honest, I genuinely think Ed Miliband or David Cameron would win against either or.

I was thinking this when I saw that Miiband had been out campaigning. Actually think he'd have been decent. 

2 hours ago, iniesta said:

The lefts obsession with the NHS is an illness. It's like they've nothing else to say...

The Tories love to put out this narrative that "you can't have a sensible discussion about the NHS". The truth is "the left" would love to talk about the NHS or indeed healthcare in general as it's a topic that time and again they trounce the Tories on. So as they have no answer they try and avoid the subject. We've seen what happens when a Tory tries their hand at healthcare policy with the "dementia tax".  

General Elections always makes me think of this song.

Things have come to a pretty pass
Our romance is growing flat
For you like this and the other
While I go for this and that
Goodness knows what the end will be;
Oh, I don't know where I'm at...
It looks as if we two will never be one
Something must be done

You say either and I say eyether
You say neither and I say nyther;
Either, eyether, neither, nyther
Let's call the whole thing off!

You like potato and I like potatoe
You like tomato and I like tomatoe;
Potato, potatoe, tomato, tomatoe!

But oh! If we call the whole thing off
Then we must part
And oh! If we ever part
Then that might break my heart!

So, if you like pyjamas and I like pyjahmas
I'll wear pyjamas and give up pyjahmas
For we know we need each other
So we better call the calling off off

You say laughter and I say lawfter
You say after and I say awfter;
Laughter, lawfter, after, awfter

You like vanilla and I like vanella
You, say s'parilla and I say s'parella;
Vanilla, vanella, chocolate, strawberry!

But oh! If we call the whole thing off
Then we must part
And oh! If we ever part

Then that might break my heart!
So, if you go for oysters and I go for ersters
I'll order oysters and cancel the ersters
For we know we need each other

So we better call the calling off off!

26 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

This seems hilarious however I have relatives who agree almost completely with Labour's manifesto however will vote Tory as in their words "Corbyn is going to get rid of our armed forces". I have no greviences with the way anybody votes if it suits their background but stuff like that genuinely frustrates me.

Archived