Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Jamie Vardy

I believe he has not been too bad all season, even when the team was set up to work against him early in the season.

Also I have not seen much mention of my favourite moment and match of the whole league season.

Remember the scene everyone is against us players are being called out by the footballing world as being unprofessional and by all fans accept the knowledgeable percentage of Leicester supporters as snakes. They are angry and hurt and have Liverpool at the King Power what does he do....

....smashes Mane and sets up a high intensity aggressive game which we win with his goals and give us the platform for what we have achieved since.

Vardy has actually got better than last season. Ok he was out the game from September until February but under Shakespeare he's now scoring goals and getting in positions he never used to do. Converting crosses and half chances that fall in the box rather than waiting to be put through one on one. He's a more all round player now and is invaluable to us.

Genuinely think he is our most important player, I said that last season too even with Kante and in-form Mahrez. 

He he sets the tempo for the team and works harder than any other striker out there for the team. Think he received unfair criticism start of the season as his service and involvement was limited due to the style of play being asked. 

Think he has has definitely worked on his play to with his hold up play and in front of goal. 

On 5/7/2017 at 08:20, rn9013 said:

Possibly not, but I've read his version of events in his autobiography and up until he signed for us, I wouldn't describe his life as easy. 

Like I said you don't want to believe everything you read.  His life wasn't that hard, he had a job like most people have

On 2017-5-7 at 14:33, Ric Flair said:

Vardy has actually got better than last season. Ok he was out the game from September until February but under Shakespeare he's now scoring goals and getting in positions he never used to do. Converting crosses and half chances that fall in the box rather than waiting to be put through one on one. He's a more all round player now and is invaluable to us.

Was reading the Musa thread when this exact thought struck me. The concept that Musa was a replacement for Vardy because he was rapid made think about all the other things Vardy is as well which Musa (to date) isn't. And more to the point, how much better he has got at them, especially recently. He's moved categorically from any notion of a 'one trick pony' to a pretty scary all-round attacking player (with defensive chops thrown in). The fact he's plainly 'in touch' with the supporters (of either team) is the icing on the cake. He makes the concept of the '12th man' much more tangible.

Ironically (I hope) this is the season Arsenal ought to be putting an offer in. Which leads to a question - is there a team in the premier league he wouldn't start for?

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Was reading the Musa thread when this exact thought struck me. The concept that Musa was a replacement for Vardy because he was rapid made think about all the other things Vardy is as well which Musa (to date) isn't. And more to the point, how much better he has got at them, especially recently. He's moved categorically from any notion of a 'one trick pony' to a pretty scary all-round attacking player (with defensive chops thrown in). The fact he's plainly 'in touch' with the supporters (of either team) is the icing on the cake. He makes the concept of the '12th man' much more tangible.

Ironically (I hope) this is the season Arsenal ought to be putting an offer in. Which leads to a question - is there a team in the premier league he wouldn't start for?

Hahaha spot on mate, we all said he'd not be suited to any team who don't play counter attacking football where they can get the ball to him in space. Yet this season for club and country he has thrived at times against teams that sit deep and he's attacked crosses and been on the end of loose balls in the box from set pieces. He's in the top 5 strikers for me without question.

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

He's indeed a pain in the ass for any defense and lethal if he gets any space. Agree also that he got better than last year. He still will have trouble with deep lying defenses but as long as there is movement around him, he'll find the gap.

I can only see two teams for which he wouldn't start: ManCity and Chelsea.

5 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He's indeed a pain in the ass for any defense and lethal if he gets any space. Agree also that he got better than last year. He still will have trouble with deep lying defenses but as long as there is movement around him, he'll find the gap.

I can only see two teams for which he wouldn't start: ManCity and Chelsea.

He himself has done well against the so called deep lying defences....More than a few times hes got to the by-line, and put in a cross, or re-attacked and nearly knicked a goal...

In someways, hes still a very underrated striker, very few pick up on , his awareness, around the whole of the pitch, and his 2nd assists, have been lost on his teammates....

Plus there is not a thing as a typical Vardy goal....!!!!  Hes crossed a few off on many a checklist.

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

He himself has done well against the so called deep lying defences....More than a few times hes got to the by-line, and put in a cross, or re-attacked and nearly knicked a goal...

In someways, hes still a very underrated striker, very few pick up on , his awareness, around the whole of the pitch, and his 2nd assists, have been lost on his teammates....

Plus there is not a thing as a typical Vardy goal....!!!!  Hes crossed a few off on many a checklist.

That's what I meant with movement around him. He won't muscle out his way through against a deep lying defense and he's no target man. His strong points lie in his pace naturally and resilience, but also his awareness and football intelligence. I repeat, he's pain the ass for any defense.

Late bloomer and indeed very underrated, but at least deservely gets his call up in your national team .

On 7/5/2017 at 11:23, Clever Fox said:

He also has a very quick Brain in that he makes his mind up early and it's usually the right decision. It's clear that despite his early season form he has been working hard. He's clearly learned a few tricks from Mahrez while becoming more of a Team player.

If we sign the quality Ball playing midfielder we so badly need I can see him getting 20 to 30 goals in a season. 

I think this is a vital component of his game. He doesn't give the opponent time to react a lot of the time. The downside is that he sometimes becomes predictable or that he rushes things. Good examples were obviously the free kick routine where (imo) he scuffs a shot across the goal, which nearly turned out well anyway, and his shot straight at Gomes after doing the hard bit. A little more composure like he showed against Liverpool or during his amazing scoring run last season wouldn't be amiss, but I think his lack of technical finesse is the reason he acts so quickly.

Archived