Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shen

Jamie Vardy

I criticised him heavily at the start of the season and thought he'd lost his bottle. I was wrong and more than happy to admit that. Keep being the snarling, horrible so and so you are Vards. 15 goals and counting show him to be a proper premier league striker with a goal return to match. 

Definitely seems as though we have the old Jamie Vardy back...working the channels and chasing down lost causes again. As a Leicester fan, not many better sights than Vardy in full flight...on his day, the most tenacious player I've seen in a Leicester shirt and he truly galvanises the team and fans alike. Great player.

Excellent thread all.  Helps prove what we already know, that Jamie Vardy is at the right club.  Your "clinical" is my "ruthless".  Clinical implies a detached application of technique.  I think his boiling drive and compulsion is rarely turned off, and is what powers him and separates him from similarly (and a few more) technically proficient strikers.

On 2017-04-29 at 19:04, Sampson said:

Best player to wear the Leicester shirt since Lineker at the very least.

Not sure people can still have many questions over his place in Leicester's history. Will go down as one of the absolute elite of the club's history.

Sorry mate, but Kanté is Leicester City's best player in history.

If anything, Vardy is the club's best striker ever and has already surpassed Lineker at this point. 

I'll always have a huuuge respect for Vardy given to how much he reached since being a non-league player.

On 2017-04-29 at 19:04, Koke said:

If we weren't so useless for most of the season he'd have had 20+ again.

It's not the team that should be blamed, but mainly Claudio Ranieri who mismanaged him.

On 2017-04-30 at 12:06, ozvaldo said:

Reminds me of how everyone hated Savage when he was with us - and you need a player or two like that in your squad.

Vardy's hated because he's at least a brilliant EPL-striker who could terrorize opposition defences.

Savage was never anywhere being a great player, but also being a c*nt who's never really liked by even LCFC fans and 

Vards is so under rated still.

He can make quick short passes, long passes, today he won many headers pumped up to him against a a geezer that looked a foot taller.

He gets assists, he's lightening quick, scores tap ins / poachers goals and creates his own goals. 

Simply our best player.

Guest CityFan 06

Nice layoff from Vardy today for the 3rd goal, he made the space for Albrighton. Whether he's in the goals or not, he contributes as stats suggest.

On 28/04/2017 at 11:14, rn9013 said:

I rate him hugely. He's the player I got to sign my 15/16 shirt before I had it framed. For me he epitomises the Leicester City of the last few years.

Yes he is a bit rough round the edges, but then after the upbringing/life he's led up until very recently, what do people expect. Personally I admire the guy, he never gives in, always wants to improve, and has fought his way to the very top of world football from the bottom when most had dismissed him, which is something that very few others, if any, have managed to achieve.

I do fear a little that once he loses his pace, he may not be the feared striker he is/should be at the moment, but in 50 years time I honestly believe when people think of this team it will be Jamie Vardy  they think of first. 

You don't know anything about his upbringing. You don't want to believe everything you read

Not only he is just a goalscorer anymore he's actually progressed into a really good footballer, great link up play, better passing, stronger as well as everything that made him excellent before 

7 hours ago, Bones said:

You don't know anything about his upbringing. You don't want to believe everything you read

Possibly not, but I've read his version of events in his autobiography and up until he signed for us, I wouldn't describe his life as easy. 

7 hours ago, InLoveWithNgolo said:

Cant remember him having many chances at all?

Three good ones - one where he cut inside and was essentially 1v1 with the keeper, the chance from the free kick and one where he tried to pass to Slimani but it was cut out. On another day, he might have scored in all three positions but he still had a good game today. 

50 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Vardy is also a lot cleverer than he gets credit for (Football wise of course).  Very, very good football player.

A lot of people view him as just a speed merchant but his in-game intelligence is very good. He is a very good footballer. He scores all kind of goals, he created goals, he assists, he works super hard, he wins many aerial duels etc.

Had the team as a whole not been useless for most of the season he'd definitely be on 20+ goals this season.

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

A lot of people view him as just a speed merchant but his in-game intelligence is very good. He is a very good footballer. He scores all kind of goals, he created goals, he assists, he works super hard, he wins many aerial duels etc.

Had the team as a whole not been useless for most of the season he'd definitely be on 20+ goals this season.

He also has a very quick Brain in that he makes his mind up early and it's usually the right decision. It's clear that despite his early season form he has been working hard. He's clearly learned a few tricks from Mahrez while becoming more of a Team player.

If we sign the quality Ball playing midfielder we so badly need I can see him getting 20 to 30 goals in a season. 

Gone unmentioned but his first 2 touches in the build up to Albrighton's goal were just incredible. A difficult ball to control given by Gray and I'd go as far as saying any other striker (or 10) in the league would've tried to control it and hold the play up if they managed to. Vardy took it on the half turn, opened his body and got us straight on the attack while making it look easy as he was going at some pace with his head up, there's actually a moment if you watch it back where you can see Cleverly thinking ffs as he has to sprint again to attempt to get back

Archived