Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Shakespeare - The Poll

Shakespeare - The Poll  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shakespeare be permanent manager?

Yes, this is silly now. Before today we all couldn't sing his praises enough. He gave it ago for Christ sake against the best team I've ever seen play tbh they were sensational, and extremely well drilled by a class manager

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Suggestion for 'no' votes, or anyone who cares to offer one... what alternative would you like to see?

Marco Silva, Roger Schmidt, David Wagner, Eddie Howe, Arsene Wenger, Laurent Blanc, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Luis Enrique

I would like the job to be given to him, if not Silva from Hull would do well. I would not like a mancini or hiddink etc, Silva or Howe I would like if not Shakespeare. 

Just now, FireFox said:

Marco Silva, Roger Schmidt, David Wagner, Eddie Howe, Arsene Wenger, Laurent Blanc, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Luis Enrique

giphy.gif

I don't understand the Silva suggestion. We have a guy who took us from the relegation zone to a mid table finish and people want to replace him with a guy who took Hull from the relegation zone to.... Relegation. 

My call would be to give Shakey the job. He's earned it. Let's not forget, he was part of the title winning team too and he hasn't exactly done a bad job since taking over. Only spurs have a better points to game ratio than we do under Shakey... What more do people want from him? 

I honestly didn't think that many would answer no.

I've said no, who we bring in, I'm not sure.

After winning the league, showing ambition and having a load of cash to spend I think the owners can sell the idea of a great project, so we can bring in a big name.

Tuchel looks set to leave Dortmund, so why not? 

Make a statement. 

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

But then he was also part of the team, that got us near the relegation zone.

Right?

True, but the fact that he got us out of it shows he wasn't the issue.

30 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Yes, this is silly now. Before today we all couldn't sing his praises enough. He gave it ago for Christ sake against the best team I've ever seen play tbh they were sensational, and extremely well drilled by a class manager

But there not even the best team in the division, so one must ask there selves why did you see such a display  

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't understand the Silva suggestion. We have a guy who took us from the relegation zone to a mid table finish and people want to replace him with a guy who took Hull from the relegation zone to.... Relegation. 

My call would be to give Shakey the job. He's earned it. Let's not forget, he was part of the title winning team too and he hasn't exactly done a bad job since taking over. Only spurs have a better points to game ratio than we do under Shakey... What more do people want from him? 

yeah lets compare a squad that won the league to one that had 9 players in august 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

yeah lets compare a squad that won the league to one that had 9 players in august 

Ofcourse we are a better team but I wasn't comparing the squads.  I was comparing the fact that one of them met his objective and one didn't.  

Just now, HankMarvin said:

my point is one job was easier than the other, 

No doubt. No argument here but when Silva took that job, he must have believed that he could be better than three other teams in that league,  otherwise I don't see him taking it. He was wrong though so would you appoint that guy to take us to a mid table finish or higher next year, over a guy who already has?

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

True, but the fact that he got us out of it shows he wasn't the issue.

Strange logic. You give him the merit for our

title win (because he was part of the team), but

you don't blame him for our poor performances

in this season. That doesn't make sense.

Either he had influence on the way we

were playing, or he hadn't.

You can't have it both ways.

If he deserves part of the merit for last

season, than he also deserves part of the

blame for the first part of this season.

Silva has good pedigree. Ok, there's not much competition in Greece, but he managed to take a team to Arsenal and win. Something we haven't done since to early seventies! 

I'm not convinced though. Maybe Mancini or Pelligrini.

Ideally, Bielsa. But he's already agreed a contract elsewhere.  Although he does have previous for walking out on an agreement.

1 minute ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Strange logic. You give him the merit for our

title win (because he was part of the team), but

you don't blame him for our poor performances

in this season. That doesn't make sense.

Either he had influence on the way we

were playing, or he hadn't.

You can't have it both ways.

If he deserves part of the merit for last

season, than he also deserves part of the

blame for the first part of this season.

I didn't say he was faultless in our performance this season. What i said was that his involvement last year earned him an oppertunity to save us from our mess this year, which he has taken and done well.

It really depends on our aspirations for next season, I think CS would be a steady manager who would give us enough to avoid relegation and sit in mid table but not much more. A new manager, well it could go any which way. He hasn't done great against the big teams and has shown a lot of naivety and negativity in those matches. The jury is still out for me.

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

No doubt. No argument here but when Silva took that job, he must have believed that he could be better than three other teams in that league,  otherwise I don't see him taking it. He was wrong though so would you appoint that guy to take us to a mid table finish or higher next year, over a guy who already has?

he had a 6 month contract, so maybe saw the opportunity to showcase himself.

8 wins from 21 games with the worst squad in the division.

The worry with appointing CS is having the players get too comfortable again dictating too much, everything was going the players way since his arrival (good performances and lots of credit). What happens now after this drubbing? Extra training?> Chicken burgers back off the menu?

We will see if they bounce back on sunday

Archived