Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Shakespeare - The Poll

Shakespeare - The Poll  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shakespeare be permanent manager?

it's a gamble either way, he's had a good short term effect but we obviously have no idea how he's going to be long term. Settling down from yesterday, I'm very open to either possibilities. I think we're going to have another transition year regardless so it doesn't really matter who it is managing the team when it'll be mainly on the recruitment side of things.

He's been in charge for a small amount of games so it's not a huge sample size but he's still done quite well. He took charge of a dysfunctional team and is likely to lead us to a top half finish which is fantastic all things considered.

Going in to next season at worst we'll finish mid table with him in charge I reckon, our form will be probably be similar to his spell so far, beat the sides around and below us and lose against the good ones.

Interestingly most people's reservation about him are things that he's not had a chance to prove yet like transfer dealings or when we've hit a rough patch. 

I voted for no but on reflection I would give him a season and see what he does. He can clearly motivate the players and turned the season around by reverting back to what was previously successful. However his game management and any change from the established 4-4-2 tactics haven't seemed to work for more than 20 minutes, and counts slightly against him.

He was managing an exhausted squad at the end of a journey. We had a thin squad and the loss of key first team players hasn't help, and hasn't had a transfer window to shape the team.

He could be a future England manager, so I'd say lets give him a season and see what he does.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

What they hell does that even mean?

Our recruitment is being handled by the recruitment team and not the manager by the sounds of it. So no matter who we get in they aren't going to be the ones spending big. We aren't going to scrap our list of targets, that's already all in motion.

I can't believe people still get drawn into this "names" nonsense after everything that's happened here.

Absolutely baffles me it really does. Biggest myth that we of all clubs rebunked and yet it still goes on.

For me it is no.  I just don't see him getting us in the top 6 anytime soon.  I'd like to see us go for a more experienced manager and one that tactically will be able to get us out of this odd way of ,"performance=confidence" crap style.  We need technically able players that can take direction and quit being a one trick pony show.  In that our former manager was completely right.  We cannot expect a consistently do well when we have players that sometimes show up, and sometimes don't.  We have talent on this his team, but some must go.  Shakey is just too nice a fellow to do what has to be done.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Someone like Big Sam?

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 14.42.52.png

Or Fergie

score_epaa_2034921i.jpg

Or Poch

591ef6efc7c33_ScreenShot2017-05-19at14_45_11.png.575b0db78f704f834091c643acf8f06a.png

Sometimes shit happens, what you don't want is for it to happen all the time.

Ranieri would be getting rightly slaughtered had that last night happened under his watch.

You can't now turn around and say 'shit happens' now that's it happened under the watch of someone else.

It didn't just happen, it happened because of big mistakes that aren't acceptable and Shakespeare's credibility as manager should be rightly scrutinised.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, more that a job in the Premier League is highly coveted and we should be expecting that not to happen under a top manager. No excuses.

The manager needs to perform every week just as much as the players IMO.

Anyone tells me what Wagner brings to the party what we don't already have? He's never managed or been in involved with coaching at a top-flight club (his time at Dortmund was strictly restricted to the II team in the third tier). Like Silva it just appears to be an 'in name' when both of their English management careers are poorer than what we have. 

It's all well and good saying 'bigger name' - but say someone at the same time. Mancini will have the same morale sapping affect on the squad as Ranieri (his time at Man City is very, very similar to Ranieri's here). Tuchel - absolutely no chance. Roger Schmidt would be about as big as our pull. 

Very much undecided, had the good run at the start, been around the club along time, got us to safety.

Thrown into that some questionable tactics in patches, can he get move us on ?, really don't know, don't think he would get us relegated, so even though undecided, It wouldn't hurt to give him a years contract, review next summer

15 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Very much undecided, had the good run at the start, been around the club along time, got us to safety.

Thrown into that some questionable tactics in patches, can he get move us on ?, really don't know, don't think he would get us relegated, so even though undecided, It wouldn't hurt to give him a years contract, review next summer

Rational thinking. 

Was thinking, he's had it tough the past six weeks. We had so many games in short spells that I don't think we always been able to give it full throttle and nursing injuries due to the lack of squad depth. 

Got a 'feeling' someone else is coming in and Shakey will be assistant again (not sure if that can work) and this is why it's being dragged out for time ?

Non verbal communication just gives me a feeling that he won't be the man.

Owners are business men who understand that they have to give leadership the tools like the authority/position but this has not been given.

Loads more LCFC drama to come I 'feel'

Hope those voices in my head are wrong.

?

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

Ranieri would be getting rightly slaughtered had that last night happened under his watch.

You can't now turn around and say 'shit happens' now that's it happened under the watch of someone else.

It didn't just happen, it happened because of big mistakes that aren't acceptable and Shakespeare's credibility as manager should be rightly scrutinised.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a chance, more that a job in the Premier League is highly coveted and we should be expecting that not to happen under a top manager. No excuses.

Just admit it mate, Babs got you there!! lol

It all for me depends on who else may be available and whether they are appreciably better than what we've got. The positives are that he stopped the rot and got us playing again. But has he really got the players respect and will they really do as he tells them? His comments after the match last night eluded to the fact that some of them didn't stay in the positions he told them and didn't carry out his instructions. What does that suggest?

I think Shakespeare is an excellent coach and the fact that he got the nod for the National job bears testament to that. Both with NP and Claudio he quite rightly draws the plaudits for the successes,  but he was also part of both the management teams for the down times also, you can't have one without the other.

There's a certain retisence at the start of some of the games that very much reminds me of the problems we found ourselves in under NP prior to the great escape. We can't keep possession well enough to play the defensive game with the players we've got,  yet at times there's been a little bit of de  ja vu prior to us playing our A game and attacking teams. At times we've been lucky not to be a couple of goals down.

Walsh rightly gets praised for his successes but we seem to gloss over the damp squibs or just blame those onto someone else and not face the fact that he also was fallable. 

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

Ranieri got hammered because it kept happening in games that meant something and with a full squad. Not a dead rubber end of season game missing both centre backs with a load of other injuries... perspective.

I've just proved it happens under big name managers.

It's a no from me. I would like someone in who's not a "nice guy" but still respected, and somebody who wants us to get the ball on the deck. 

Next year is a big year, there isn't alot separating 14 teams in this division, we cannot afford to start in March for a 3rd time in 4 years. 

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

On the other hand, perhaps it's time for a rebranding as a football club. It's frankly embarrassing the way we can't pass a football or keep possession and I'd love to see us play a bit more assertively and dominate games.

I don't think we should play possession football: we are foxes.

Individually foxes are not fearsome. But in a pack they are. They fight for each other protecting individual weaknesses. They encircle and contain their enemy. And they probe for weaknesses. Then - having found or forced one - they go for the kill.

There was nothing finer last season than seeing our rejects fight for each other, move as a team, contain the bigger teams, have Shinji, Vardy and Ngolo provoke a weakness - and suddenly a Drinkwater pass, a Mahrez dribble and a Vardy strike would silence the opposition's jeers.

We see a fox each time we look at the badge. And each time we look to our finest success we see how foxes succeed. We need to improve - but by becoming better at what we did best. And that wasn't keeping possession.

1 minute ago, brucey said:

This kind of thing makes me want him to get the job.

Everyone makes mistakes. But not everyone learns from them.

If he can translate good words into good football then I have no doubt who I want as a manager.

I just think after Thursdays debarcle is that it's given the owners food for thought as we all know they wanted to bring in a big name for the job but Shaky went on a decent roll of results, i think that huge result against us may have gone against Shaky as they probably felt he got it wrong!!

Were all clutching at straws with this one we'd all love Shaky to get the job but do the owners who knows ??

I suppose we'll find out soon enough, but we know one thing it has to be sooner than later we need stability in the club someone to lay the law down to bring in decent talent !

I just hope the owners don't string this out for weeks and weeks we need it sorted as soon as next week , let the players go for their break and have a new boss in well before they return .

Praying for the owners to do the right thing at the right time and the right boss for this great club!! ?

2 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Yes we should never go for a big name manager again because all

of them will fail.

No big name manager will ever succeed at Leicester City Football Club.

Who exactly are these 'big names' queuing up to manage us, out of interest?

34 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Who exactly are these 'big names' queuing up to manage us, out of interest?

I was sitting here asking myself that same very question.  

The only other name I've heard mentioned with us is Silva the ex Hull Manager

Archived