Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Shakespeare - The Poll

Shakespeare - The Poll  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shakespeare be permanent manager?

7 hours ago, notnow john said:

Brendan Rogers.

No!

Winning a one horse race, with significantly budget available over the other teams, albeit by a long margin - does not prove the man has fully regained his sanity. 

He went nuts at Liverpool under pressure, so any judgement on his rehabilitation should be after his team is given any sort of challenge.

Maybe a handy comparison to consider after the head clears from last night...

Crystal Palace were torn appart by Manchester City the other week, partly because Big Sam for some unknown and bizarre reason decided to play Big Jeff at centre half.

No-one really panicked there. Perspective!

I voted yes with the caveat that the owners need to act faster than last season if things don't go to plan.

in all the discussion there as been little or no blame put at the feet of the owners Yes, eventually they reacted and the decision turnout to be a good one, but with so little time a wasted transfer window a lucky one, could have gone either way.

Everyone could see that there was a problem and yet they waited and waited. IMO they should have been on it a lot earlier talking to every players and staff members to try to find out the problem and changes from the previous season and then fix them earlier. 

I am not knocking the owners as they have been great for the club but they need a closer involvement at this time of change.

finally any mgr exciled to Scotland in not good enough to manage the foxes.

12 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Maybe a handy comparison to consider after the head clears from last night...

Crystal Palace were torn appart by Manchester City the other week, partly because Big Sam for some unknown and bizarre reason decided to play Big Jeff at centre half.

No-one really panicked there. Perspective!

NO.... we must bin him off despite a decent run of form for losing to Spuds with three key player out.

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Reluctantly I say get a rid.

He doesn't have the tools to handle the heat.  We need someone with a little more jazz, a higher profile, an ability to spend big but get it right.

What they hell does that even mean?

Our recruitment is being handled by the recruitment team and not the manager by the sounds of it. So no matter who we get in they aren't going to be the ones spending big. We aren't going to scrap our list of targets, that's already all in motion.

I can't believe people still get drawn into this "names" nonsense after everything that's happened here.

Agree with Babylon above.

That's the most sensible way. 

I am so BORED with football managers, their whole position needs reviewing and revolutionising. 

It's not their fault, but the way their position is treated by everybody, it just makes them slightly more relevant than referees. 

For me, presently, the players and depth offer bigger limitations than Shakeh does.

He got the Spurs game last night completely wrong, he's admitted it, move on. 

Get him a decent assistant and let him run the show with no uncertainties. 

Come August I can see a fresh, revitalised and updated new look Leicester team running out, if it doesn't work, then he's sacked, that's how it works, right?

Who is the best manager in the world at the moment? Conte, guess what, next season he could be sacked, boring......

7 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Reluctantly I say get a rid.

He doesn't have the tools to handle the heat.  We need someone with a little more jazz, a higher profile, an ability to spend big but get it right.

Sven-Goran-Eriksson-besiktas-salary-nati

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What they hell does that even mean?

Our recruitment is being handled by the recruitment team and not the manager by the sounds of it. So no matter who we get in they aren't going to be the ones spending big. We aren't going to scrap our list of targets, that's already all in motion.

I can't believe people still get drawn into this "names" nonsense after everything that's happened here.

Michael Bublé, I think. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Ambition will be shown in their investment, not the choice in manager. Doesn't matter who is in charge, without the money this mythical "next level" people waffle on about isn't happening.

Managers are an investment , if you sign a proven man he will demand massive sums for proven players 

Shaky won't demand anything, just happy to get a chance 

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Managers are an investment , if you sign a proven man he will demand massive sums for proven players 

Shaky won't demand anything, just happy to get a chance 

They can demand all they want, doesn't mean they are going to be given the money. We've shown little sign of the sort of investment needed to get us to the "next level", until it appears one off seasons and cementing ourselves in the middle of the table is the best that's going to happen.

Contradiction in terms though it is, I agree with Babylon. 

There is no way that Shaky should be judged on last night's humiliating massacre. He had so few options available to him.

He needs to be given the job, allowed to wheel and deal in the transfer market, ship out the utter dross we have and THEN be judged. 

My fear of bringing someone new in is that the new bloke would have to spend ANOTHER couple of months working out what most of us know already..that we have some crap at the club.

I like Shakey but I'm fearful that last night's result may prompt the owners to look further afield. It's a tough one.

No doubt Shakey saved us from certain relegation, and I feel Shakey knows how to play to our strengths and will know what is required moving forward.

With just himself and Stowell running the club, a bit of experienced coaching would help him out. I think he needs people to bounce ideas off.

He's made mistakes like the daft subs against West Ham (Still won though), and setting us up too defensively against Arsenal and Man City plus he seems afraid to drop players.

On the other hand, perhaps it's time for a rebranding as a football club. It's frankly embarrassing the way we can't pass a football or keep possession and I'd love to see us play a bit more assertively and dominate games. We don't have the players to do that but can Shakey select the right personnel?

Recruitment has been disastrous for such a long time it's completely pathetic, it sounds like we're planning on getting our business done early, but I've no confidence in our scouting and recruitment department whatsoever - Ndidi apart - we're hopeless at it.

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why would he leave Celtic? 

Mickey Mouse league, no challenge, crap budget, glamour of the premier league, more money.

I still hope that he's given the job based on his previous results, not last nights. We know the guy fits in here, knows how to get the best from and motivate our current squad, has deserved a shot at the job.  I don't see other options without massive spending. I'd rather we got rid of the Director of Football position.

It would be silly to judge him on last night's performance, There were a lot of tired legs out there and after 3 let's face it even our best gave it up as a lost cause.

He's earned the right to get a year at least to see what he can do. My problem with him is that he never once changed our line up or methods since February.

Either we have players who can only play one way or he lacks the tactical astuteness to make the necessary changes.

I'd like us to bring in a top young continental coach to work with him.

But I like to see loyalty in life and so yes he deserves to get the job.

The only thing that worries me is Shakespeare may have been the perfect guy to get the best out of this current squad at this moment.  But moving forward, with a bit of a shakeup, (no pun intended) of the squad and some evolution required, there is the worry he might not be the man for that.  Like when Ranieri came in, maybe someone new would invigorate and give the project fresh legs

Having said that, that is all a bit ifs and maybes, and Shakespeare has done pretty well when we were in dire straits and probably deserves the chance.

However, putting myself in the owners shoes, if they have interest from somebody who they think is a boss manager, I can see them making the decision to axe Shakey.

I would give him the chance though.  From ma keyboard

If Shakespear, with a relatively injury free squad, can replicate the first half of his tenure it's a no brainer.

It's a pity he doesn't have more games. It's hard to tell if there was a post-Ranieri boost and if injuries aside he could have maintained it though Man City and Spurs.

His subbing Benny has again made me question his decision making. He does need to improve but the question is whether he can do that in time for a decent mid table finish next season.

Bournemouth will seal his fate I suspect. If we fail to bounce back and beat a mid table team then you'd want him more of a coach than a manager.

Archived