Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Shakespeare - The Poll

Shakespeare - The Poll  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Should Shakespeare be permanent manager?

4 minutes ago, foxtillidrop said:

Shakey is the man for the job.

We showed good fight tonight but their third goal killed it for us.

He is clearly getting the best out of Jamie Vardy and when Vardy is motivated and pressing, we are most dangerous.

We was playing spurs at home not real Madrid, the game lasts 90 mins not 60

Half time was 2 shots-12 shots

Not sure good fight would be my summary 

voted Yes because shakey looks to have the good traits from both Pearson and Claudio, my only concern is Craig doesn't have the pulling power, which will hinder our chances of any major signings, of course i'd love him to prove me wrong, but i just can't see us getting the likes of Keane, Sigurdsson and Adrien Silva without a well credited manager.

31 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Tuchel looks set to leave Dortmund, so why not?

Another good option. SeanFromEnderby wants him.

29 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Brendan Rogers.

Signed a long term contract at Celtic. He was my first choice (for getting in the summer) when Claudio was sacked, as he was on a 1-year rolling contract. Not sure we could get him now.

I think this squad is a 10-16th place squad an injuries even 3 can leave us near the relegation zone, squad needs strengthening an it's more about the recruitment than who the manager is for me personally, 1 result doesn't change my thoughts on that.

To fight for 10th or better position in Premier we need another manager and spend 50/70 Million £ in 4-5 players.
And keep Mahrez, Vardy and Schmeichel.

To escape-mid position in Premier Shakey is good enough and only needs 2-3 players. If Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel stay too.

5 hours ago, FireFox said:

Marco Silva, Roger Schmidt, David Wagner, Eddie Howe, Arsene Wenger, Laurent Blanc, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Luis Enrique

Every one of those would require a full rebuild of the team to play a completely different style. That would require a massive investment to make it a success. Is that really what we want?

I used to be undecided but now I'm a 'no'.

Hasn't changed it enough. Basically he's gone back to playing the team which won the league, playing the same obvious football - that ball to Vardy.

And poor Vardy constantly iscolated. Yet again last night we break but nobody is up there with him.

Shakey was far too defensive in certain games - Arsenal, Madrid etc - we were poor at Man City first half, poor at WBA all game.... 

We need a complete overhaul of players, and a change of style of play and tactics and I don't think Shakespeare can deliver that.

If the club stick with Shaky it will officially signal the end of the "ambition" stage 

Shaky will bring stability and a mid table finish with little demand for huge signings 

and that's fine 

But if the chairman is serious about wanting to make us a genuine regular contender for honours , an ambitious Club then we will need to employ a proven manager with a sucessful record 

We are about to find out if we are an ambitious club still or a club like stoke happy to be mid table year in year out 

all will be revealed next week 

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Stop reading the tabloids then. 

That's not tabloid talk Ted 

its fact ! 

Just look at the current season stats for the players pre Claudio sacking and after Claudio was sacked 

the stats show clearly the players are ruling the dressing room 

deluded if you think other wise 

BUT i think that's the same in most club in EPL now 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

If the club stick with Shaky it will officially signal the end of the "ambition" stage 

Shaky will bring stability and a mid table finish with little demand for huge signings 

and that's fine 

But if the chairman is serious about wanting to make us a genuine regular contender for honours , an ambitious Club then we will need to employ a proven manager with a sucessful record 

We are about to find out if we are an ambitious club still or a club like stoke happy to be mid table year in year out 

Ambition will be shown in their investment, not the choice in manager. Doesn't matter who is in charge, without the money this mythical "next level" people waffle on about isn't happening.

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

its fact ! 

Just look at the current season stats for the players pre Claudio sacking and after Claudio was sacked 

With respect, that isn't very scientific.

I'm really unsure now, I'm unsure as I don't know what to expect next season. I would imagine we would stay up with shakes in charge and that's great news but where do the clubs ambitions lie? Man this title win has changed everyone's perceptions!!!! 

Lets see see how we do against the mighty Bournemouth. 

26 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

and that's fine 

What a load of tosh, before last night Shakey averaged 2 points a game, that's top 4 form, if that isn't ambitious I don't know what is.

Timing of the poll seems a bit pointed....after a big defeat rather than a decent victory.

It's a bit presumptious to suggest Shakespeare has no ambition. He was involved when we were ambitious enough to win the Championship, the Premiership and a good many friends for our Champions League effort.

I'm not sure what he was meant to do last night with the bare minimum of worthwhile options.

I believe this though - that we wouldn't still be in The Premiership without Shakespeare's efforts and what seems to have been the efforts of people playing on through injuries in support of the cause and for which he should probably take credit as well as the players themselves. 

How do we know the kind of players Shakespeare really wants to sign? Or how diligent his research.

Shakespeare has said he likes to be organised. That doesn't suggest rash, ill-conceived, signings. But signings that have a point and make a difference. 

Some people seem to be using last night's result as a stick to beat Shakespeare with just as was tried with the Everton game.

But both results were predictable to the point of inevitable to me and, yes, I did expect a six-goal drubbing last night and suggested as much to my golf partner yesterday afternoon.

However Shakespeare presented our team last night we were sure to struggle. 

He could have bored us to sleep setting out to keep 0-0 but it wouldn't have worked and neither would all-out attack.

Having lesser players can be overcome if you have brilliant understanding and organisation within a group of players used to playing together in a certain way,

But we had reserves playing in an unfamiliar organisation and only a coaching genius could have sorted that conundrum.

Shakespeare already earned his chance to manage us into the future way before the irrelevance of the Spurs game but, more than that, I believe he's exactly what we need at this time for reasons I won't bother detailing.

How much ambition he has - and demonstrates by his actions - should determine how long his tenure should last. 

40 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

its fact ! 

It's not a question that's meant to push you into a corner but I'd like you to explain that comment about the stats.  

No

I dont think he will attract the quality of player we need. I can only see him attracting up and coming players from the lower divisions. Sorry but the quality in the depth of squad showed last night as with Porto away. If we are targeting a return to CL football we need the depth in squad.

I've put undecided but I am closer to yes than no. The players seem to enjoy working under him. The summer recruitment is critical.

If the owners keep Shakey I will be happy with that but also if they decide to bring in another manager then I wont complain. The owners have rarely got it wrong.

Archived