Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The people raving on about Kramaric are pretty much just those hipster FIFA types that claim every player <80 pace is the best in the game and pretend they don't ever use "meta" players yet they've blatantly got Bakayoko and Salah in their WL squad. 

He's no better than Raffael SIF who was also the Bundesliga GOAT for a few weeks. 

Given you're only looking to invest and sell on this hype then I suppose you don't give a shit but I wouldn't hold on to him too long. The bubble will burst and his value will drop. 

He's never going to be like Alessandrini or Lozano and be everyone's super sub, we all know those guys are popular because of pace. 

Bailey would have been a tidy investment but you might be too late. Already stupidly fast and about to get like a +5 upgrade. 

I'm only looking to flip him for a small profit once the new TOTW is out and he's out of packs. Might hold one back and try him out in a few games at central CAM in a 4-2-3-1 with ADP at LCAM and SIF Kostic at RCAM with IF Gnabry up front (something like this: https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/3895805). I don't play WL so I like trying a few different players out to keep me interested and the game fun.

3 hours ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Not sure about the lag in seasons. I only go into matches where there is at least a 3 bar connection. If it's less, I back out and find another opponent. Haven't experienced any lag since.

I find that the best way to defend and win possession back is to not overuse the standing tackle, as that will give your opponents attackers more space and a clear run through your defence if the tackle misses. Try controlling your CDM or defensive minded CM to cut passing lanes between your opponents players, don't control your defenders unless you have to otherwise you'll inevitably drag them out of position and use the 2nd man press sparingly (hold RB/R1) to make your closest player to the ball, who isn't being controlled by you, close the space between him and the ball / opponent's player.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Mate. Where can I see the amount of bars for the connection? 

14 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

New to FIFA 18 having not played for a few years. Got a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with. First, when playing seasons, which is all I really play, is it more common than not that you will play someone with weak internet connection? I ask this as all my games have been laggy and jumpy so far. My other question is simply how do you tackle? I have tried to contain, I have tried to tackle and I have googled online where it says I should contain and then tackle.....I don’t think I have enough fingers.

if anyone can help me with this, I would be very grateful. Simplest way to tackle would be nice.

thanks

Gudjy

I get the same issues with lag and connection, more often than not I'm being matched with someone from another country even though my connection settings set preference to same country, try to only play when the latency bar is green.

As for tackling, they've completely changed the tackling system so it's going to take longer to get to used to, my advice would be not to dive in with challenges and try move the defenders into positions which will cause the attacker to change direction or make a mistake, for me it's all about positioning, it's hard to explain but it takes time getting it right. 

So yesterday I opened 17 packs... including some juicy rare mega packs and rare player packs collected from the lunar sbc... best player from 17 packs... Keylor Navas lmao

Then as fate would have it, I played 8 games for the week so I got a free untradeable premium gold pack... out come De Gea lol

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The people raving on about Kramaric are pretty much just those hipster FIFA types that claim every player <80 pace is the best in the game and pretend they don't ever use "meta" players yet they've blatantly got Bakayoko and Salah in their WL squad. 

He's no better than Raffael SIF who was also the Bundesliga GOAT for a few weeks. 

Given you're only looking to invest and sell on this hype then I suppose you don't give a shit but I wouldn't hold on to him too long. The bubble will burst and his value will drop. 

He's never going to be like Alessandrini or Lozano and be everyone's super sub, we all know those guys are popular because of pace. 

Bailey would have been a tidy investment but you might be too late. Already stupidly fast and about to get like a +5 upgrade. 

I got him and he’s nice but I’m maybe biased because of the Leicester connection. I love the turny twisty players (except Malcolm Christie LOL) and SIF Raffael is indeed my Bundesliga GOAT. I love using him while drinking some small batch artisan bourbon, while wearing a plaid shirt, skinny jeans and braces. I’m such a hipster! 

Back to Krama, I think I will sell him for a little profit. SIF Kostic, IF Werner, PTG Origi, and Raffa the GOAT are pretty much doing the biz. Even IF Gnabry is just a benchwarmer. 

Bailey was good too, just so happy with 41212(2) that wingers are out of the equation. 

Oh, for an awesome long range CAM, IF Max Kruse is pretty awesome too. Cannon of a left foot and 4* WF

• Haha 1

I should stress. 

I'm not adverse to a hipster Bundes team. This is my current. 

2rdydnd.png

So I'm not saying Raffael and Kramaric are bad I just don't think they'll hold value because people always want pace. 

Ps: give him a try on Always Overlap before you raise an eyebrow at my choice of right back. 

Edited by Finnegan

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I should stress. 

I'm not adverse to a hipster Bundes team. This is my current. 

2rdydnd.png

So I'm not saying Raffael and Kramaric are bad I just don't think they'll hold value because people always want pace. 

Ps: give him a try on Always Overlap before you raise an eyebrow at my choice of right back. 

Lovey Yarmo as an inside out full back! I really can’t get in with Vidal, he seems like an Andy King invisible player who doesn’t do anything bad but doesn’t seem to do anything good. 

How is Henrik? 

FDDD046B-68DC-480A-A7EF-7FE3B75E1357.png

Marquee match ups is well worth doing if you have the coins this week.

Calcio A SBC - Hamsik.

Cheivo Verona is a MUST DO (cost around 11-14k) Rare Gold Pack(25k) as Reward.

Roma (cost around 10-12k) 35k Mega Pack as Reward.

Investing tips for future weeks, get Irish players 4 or 5 of each position do not spend more than 1.6k on each player 1.8k at a push, each player will rise come Paddys day SBC.

I've made around 100k(each week) these past two weeks, played Monday-Friday Squad battles the odd one or two on Saturday and Sunday too. coins plus rewards push you very close to the 100k mark!

Edited by Ashley

5 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your assistance but, without sounding dumb, I can’t see a connection strength indicator anywhere. It simply searches for an opponent, finds one and sends me off to play him.

any further advice much appreciated.

thanks

Managed to find a video with it. Ain't played online for a few weeks so ain't sure if it's changed. But something like this should come up. The green bars in the centre show how strong your connection is. If its amber or red I stay away.

Screenshot_2018-02-21-21-43-52-1.png

Edited by Mrfox452

41 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Marquee match ups is well worth doing if you have the coins this week.

Calcio A SBC - Hamsik.

Cheivo Verona is a MUST DO (cost around 11-14k) Rare Gold Pack(25k) as Reward.

Roma (cost around 10-12k) 35k Mega Pack as Reward.

Investing tips for future weeks, get Irish players 4 or 5 of each position do not spend more than 1.6k on each player 1.8k at a push, each player will rise come Paddys day SBC.

I've made around 100k(each week) these past two weeks, played Monday-Friday Squad battles the odd one or two on Saturday and Sunday too. coins plus rewards push you very close to the 100k mark!

Already done these two - you can both do the MM cheaply and make some coins if you have a load of prem / english silver bronzes (finally got to use my Darnell Johnson and Daniel Iversen!) as well as a load of La Liga 123 Spanish players to bulk up the La Liga non gold requirements

SBC Hamsik is well worth it.  Chievo should be well cheaper than 11-14k though, I did it for about 7k.  Hellas Verona are the expensive team, but you only get Prime Mixed players pack for them,

Thanks for tip on Irish players, Ash.  Hope I am at home on St Paddy's day to take advantage! 

7 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Already done these two - you can both do the MM cheaply and make some coins if you have a load of prem / english silver bronzes (finally got to use my Darnell Johnson and Daniel Iversen!) as well as a load of La Liga 123 Spanish players to bulk up the La Liga non gold requirements

SBC Hamsik is well worth it.  Chievo should be well cheaper than 11-14k though, I did it for about 7k.  Hellas Verona are the expensive team, but you only get Prime Mixed players pack for them,

Thanks for tip on Irish players, Ash.  Hope I am at home on St Paddy's day to take advantage! 

Even if you're not get the companion app, or say the Friday night list players for 24 hours and make sure they're listed during prime time maybe undercut at buy now of say 4.5k-4.9k. This could easily be 150-200k plus profit if done correctly.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Even if you're not get the companion app, or say the Friday night list players for 24 hours and make sure they're listed during prime time maybe undercut at buy now of say 4.5k-4.9k. This could easily be 150-200k plus profit if done correctly.

Already have it, and probably check it waaaaaaaaaaaay too much bud! lol

2 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Already have it, and probably check it waaaaaaaaaaaay too much bud! lol

off the top of my head.

Best Golds.

GK - Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday)

RB - Coleman (Everton)

CB -  Clark (Newcastle)

CB -

LB - Ward (Burnley)

RM -

CM - Arter ( Bournemouth)

CM - Hendrick (Burnley)

LM - Brady (Burnley)

ST - Long (Southampton)

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

off the top of my head.

Best Golds.

GK - Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday)

RB - Coleman (Everton)

CB -  Clark (Newcastle)

CB -

LB - Ward (Burnley)

RM -

CM - Arter ( Bournemouth)

CM - Hendrick (Burnley)

LM - Brady (Burnley)

ST - Long (Southampton)

Last year weren't there some Airtrcity player requirements?

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Last year weren't there some Airtrcity player requirements?

I need to look into it cheers for the heads up. Just looking at some players from last year now. Coleman hit a high of 6k selling price

59 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Managed to find a video with it. Ain't played online for a few weeks so ain't sure if it's changed. But something like this should come up. The green bars in the centre show how strong your connection is. If its amber or red I stay away.

Screenshot_2018-02-21-21-43-52-1.png

Thanks mate but the link doesn’t work. Technology clearly hates me. 

OK, I can raise about 450k - 500k pretty easily, I have about 360k in the bank now.  Who do I go for?  I'm thinking Baby Van Basten or Middle Shearer (89 version).  I would invest in going for someone like Larsen but I like the fact I could resell them if needed.  Thoughts? 

16 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Thanks mate but the link doesn’t work. Technology clearly hates me. 

Ah my bad.

Follow this link and pause at 3.13 mins and you'll see the green bars in the middle of the screen that shows the quaility of connection.:thumbup:

10 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Ah my bad.

Follow this link and pause at 3.13 mins and you'll see the green bars in the middle of the screen that shows the quaility of connection.:thumbup:

I don’t get that screen. When I play seasons, I just press search for team and then it looks, finds someone and next thing I am on the pitch running at the goal as the game loads. 

2 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I don’t get that screen. When I play seasons, I just press search for team and then it looks, finds someone and next thing I am on the pitch running at the goal as the game loads. 

I think you are playing Online Seasons with real clubs vs FUT seasons?  

Good old FUT with its not scripting. I need two wins to win the online league. Play a dude, and score in first 10 mins of match, then my players turn into doped up idiots running through treacle and can’t even kick it hard enough to make a pass. Ridiculous