Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

2 games in with my budget prem/bundes team v 2 mega teams 1 rage quit and 1 5.3 win... I was 3.0 up but it turns out bs still comes for u regardless of the team you’re rocking if you dominate some1 lol 

Full non if team if it weren’t for stamina I’d love this team even more lol

team is:

fahrman

valencia(untradeable)

rudiger

boateng(untradeable)

wendel

bakayoko

dembele

fernandinho

rashford

jesus

vardy

Rashford at CAM? 

1 hour ago, ketteringscott said:

I just can't get on with Larsson, much prefer futmas vardy. That was a waste of 400k!

Same, I’ll persevere for a bit though, he seems good as the left ST but so does Vardy, SIF Wilson, IF Werner and most of my strikers. 

8 minutes ago, ketteringscott said:

Vardy scores more than 1 a game for me. Larsson is 1 in 2, not sure what it is, he just isn't working for me. I think i will be sacking off Sb after this week, I find it quite tedious playing against the ai

It makes me rage more than fut champs... the amount of times it cheats you is just unreal! Add all that on top of the god awful rewards for finishing anywhere other than top 100 it’s just not worth the stress

3 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Rashford at CAM? 

Same, I’ll persevere for a bit though, he seems good as the left ST but so does Vardy, SIF Wilson, IF Werner and most of my strikers. 

Yup I started out fifa18 with that team bar the bundes lot, Rashford with a dead eye does bits!  That being said after going 4/0 with that team I lost to some god awful player with a god swuad  who bagged two goals against the run of play so I’ve reverted back to my main team lol 

18 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Van Basten and Larsson making me rage pretty hard at the moment.  At least I can sell Van Basten (for a loss) and Larsson was pretty cheap for his SBC... 

What custom tactics / formations do you guys use? I'm still a 41212 (2) guy.  Like two up top... 

I'm literally on the verge of submitting for Larsson. Had a lot of players in my team so it's going to cost me 100k or so... I didn't get to try his loan but people rave on about him so I'm doing it on word of mouth... What don't you like about him?

2 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

I'm literally on the verge of submitting for Larsson. Had a lot of players in my team so it's going to cost me 100k or so... I didn't get to try his loan but people rave on about him so I'm doing it on word of mouth... What don't you like about him?

I’m personally enjoying him but like others have said you’ll get the same output from most half decent strikers ie he’s doing no better or worse for me than 87 son or potm salah I had up top before getting him... I think the only time you’ll really notice a difference is with the top top end icons, that being said I like the fact I can play any st from any league/nation along side him on 10 chem!

Definitely worth the 200k I paid for him and a steal at 100k you’ll be getting him for

2 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

27 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m personally enjoying him but like others have said you’ll get the same output from most half decent strikers ie he’s doing no better or worse for me than 87 son or potm salah I had up top before getting him... I think the only time you’ll really notice a difference is with the top top end icons, that being said I like the fact I can play any st from any league/nation along side him on 10 chem!

Definitely worth the 200k I paid for him and a steal at 100k you’ll be getting him for

I agree with DBT, if he’s a 100k then definitely get him. I just don’t find him as quick or direct as say IF Werner or SIF Wilson, or even reg Vardy. He’s not as good on the ball as SIF Raffael or Zaha, or as strong as Arnautovic, and I don’t find his shots arrowing in either. I also find this issue with Baby Van Basten too. 

Saying all that he may work for you. I play a fairly narrow 41212 (2) with quick passing and I get annoyed he seems to drift out of position (wide) or doesn’t look for passes (he runs beyond a lot but offside or next to the defender). He maybe a lot better if you utilise wise men and crosses, a way of playing that’s never clicked for me. 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

I agree with DBT, if he’s a 100k then definitely get him. I just don’t find him as quick or direct as say IF Werner or SIF Wilson, or even reg Vardy. He’s not as good on the ball as SIF Raffael or Zaha, or as strong as Arnautovic, and I don’t find his shots arrowing in either. I also find this issue with Baby Van Basten too. 

Saying all that he may work for you. I play a fairly narrow 41212 (2) with quick passing and I get annoyed he seems to drift out of position (wide) or doesn’t look for passes (he runs beyond a lot but offside or next to the defender). He maybe a lot better if you utilise wise men and crosses, a way of playing that’s never clicked for me. 

I also play the narrow 41212(2) and rely on a lot of quick 1 2s but he’s doing bits for me... I’ve found myself avoiding 1st time low driven shots with him as he’s got a strange knack of hitting the wood work... if Im able to take a touch with him I’ll pull a low driven finesse out the bag if not just hit it across the keeper and 9/10 they fly in (for me anyway)

Higher and higher I'm going up the divisions the more scripted I'm finding it every so often.

I never go into half time more than a goal up, even if I have like 6 one on ones the keeper will save them all or I'll hit the post/crossbar two or three times. As soon as it goes 1-1 my player easily finishes the next chance. Annoying!

Van der sar has cost me so many games the last couple of Weeks! He’s hands down the worst keeper I’ve used this year... decided to chop him in along with 200k for Blanc who is unreal... decent trade of in the end as I switched back to Fahrman for the last 3 games and he saved everything... who’d have funk it a  gk worth 4K is 10x the keeper the 400k 1 was lol 

8 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Van der sar has cost me so many games the last couple of Weeks! He’s hands down the worst keeper I’ve used this year... decided to chop him in along with 200k for Blanc who is unreal... decent trade of in the end as I switched back to Fahrman for the last 3 games and he saved everything... who’d have funk it a  gk worth 4K is 10x the keeper the 400k 1 was lol 

Weird how we are getting such different experiences with the same players! VDS has been amazing for me, and kept me in so many games. Larsson on the other hand... that guy is seriously my Demarai Gray. So much promise and so little product but still has the odd flash of brilliance to keep me hooked 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Weird how we are getting such different experiences with the same players! VDS has been amazing for me, and kept me in so many games. Larsson on the other hand... that guy is seriously my Demarai Gray. So much promise and so little product but still has the odd flash of brilliance to keep me hooked 

He seemed decent at everything bar stoping the ball going in he back of the net lol I tried him with every chem style and nothing sorted him out honestly he’d make 2/3 saves a game max and the goals he let in I’d expect from a. Bronze gk lol ... maybe it’s just me but the only keepers I’ve felt comfortable with are Fahrman and sif Handanovic! 

10 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Oblak is the man for me.

I’ve not really gave any la liga gks a bash, now I’ve got Blanc I might get in Ramos so I can try him and sif Asenjo! 

Just realised I can give sif Ruffier and sif Lecomte a go on 10 chem with Blanc so the search continues lol 

Edited by dbtcity

58 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Has anyone used prime Owen yet? As good as 88 icardi and prime Van basten are i need the extra sweat for weekend league!

Is he worth the money with better strikes out there? Compsure is low too.... 

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is he worth the money with better strikes out there? Compsure is low too.... 

True but I only have a Calcio A team with blanc and Van basten thrown in there and there aren't many options beside another icon to get a strong link.

14 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

True but I only have a Calcio A team with blanc and Van basten thrown in there and there aren't many options beside another icon to get a strong link.

Higuian, Dybala?

Higuian IF 92 Rated is miles better than Owen. Stick hunter on him and you're laughing.

Edited by Ashley