Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

30 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If you debate from the left you always win because there are better democratic arguments. Cheap kumquats and wage slavery is not an argument. 

I agree, I said before the referendum. The lefts argument for leaving is much stronger than anything on the right.

Guest Foxin_mad
49 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If you debate from the left you always win because there are better democratic arguments. Cheap kumquats and wage slavery is not an argument. 

But gluags and famine are lol

29 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I've posted on many forums over the years - happy hardcore forums, drum & bass forums, car forums, football forums, etc. etc.

All of them have always had a 'general discussion' sub-forum and most often had the odd thread which was occasionally heated or argumentative for one reason of another. 

I've never, ever in my time see a more depressing thread than this one. 

Just the same shit, day in, day out, nobody changing their opinion on anything and nobody willing to concede they might be wrong either. Petty point scoring, baseless claims.

A true shit-hole corner of the internet, this one. 

The sad thing is - this thread is reflective of our society as a whole now. Everyone has been divided by the government - Brexit has got everyone arguing with each other instead of looking towards the true criminals here, the government themselves. 

A populous too caught up arguing with each other when they should be standing as one to fight the injustices that come from those who rule us. 

Sad times. 

You go first, I’ll follow I promise :D

Got to be the most unconvincing performance I've ever seen lol She looks like she's about to burst into tears. Has someone got a gun to her back? I assuming this was the best take lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Got to be the most unconvincing performance I've ever seen lol She looks like she's about to burst into tears. Has someone got a gun to her back? I assuming this was the best take lol

Such a natural media performer! lol

• Haha 2

and that's the one good thing that'll come from all of this. 

when we've been through the bad times, the recessions, the poverty, the homelessness, the suicides, the exclusion and the isolation...

young people will be drawing dicks on her face in history lesson textbooks for years to come. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

and that's the one good thing that'll come from all of this. 

when we've been through the bad times, the recessions, the poverty, the homelessness, the suicides, the exclusion and the isolation...

young people will be drawing dicks on her face in history lesson textbooks for years to come. 

Textbooks?

Schools stopped being able to afford them a long time ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Textbooks?

Schools stopped being able to afford them a long time ago.

yeah you're right.

my wife will just have to print off photos of Teresa May, the cost coming out of her own pocket (as it does for 95% of her teaching supplies these days) and take them in for the kids to draw massive cocks on instead. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wow she really is completely piss poor. For comparison:

• Like 1

you've got to be absolutely mentally unhinged to look at Teresa May and think she's doing right by this country. 

either blind, bloody-minded or both. 

she looks less comfortable with the crimes she's committing than most full blown dictators. at least they can they **** their country with a straight face; without looking like their about to have a major malfunction and break down.

22 hours ago, toddybad said:

And it still means nothing.

Great, let's add hundreds of thousands of unemployed to the country's problems like the wicked witch did.

The Tories really did behave like scumbags today, refusing to allow sick mps to vote from cars at the doors of parliament as is the convention. Instead they forced them in. 

Ailing MP wheeled into Commons in pyjamas criticises Tory whips

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/20/ailing-mp-wheeled-into-commons-in-pyjamas-criticises-tory-whips?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Her foreign policy was brilliant, although her home affairs policy was awful. I am talking about Brexit. She was exactly what this country needs in regard to this .

I find your post very puerile and it only perpetuates you, as a Tory hater with an indolent personality.

13 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Her foreign policy was brilliant, although her home affairs policy was awful. I am talking about Brexit. She was exactly what this country needs in regard to this .

I find your post very puerile and it only perpetuates you, as a Tory hater with an indolent personality.

He has a lazy personality? :huh:

How does that work?

12 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Theresa May is awful, she has no clout with her allies and no authority with her enemies. The sooner the country is rid of her car crash leadership the better. 

Just now, Strokes said:

Theresa May is awful, she has no clout with her allies and no authority with her enemies. The sooner the country is rid of her car crash government the better. 

22 minutes ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

You need a better dictionary.

My post was entirely accurate.

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I've posted on many forums over the years - happy hardcore forums, drum & bass forums, car forums, football forums, etc. etc.

All of them have always had a 'general discussion' sub-forum and most often had the odd thread which was occasionally heated or argumentative for one reason of another. 

Just the same shit, day in, day out, nobody changing their opinion on anything and nobody willing to concede they might be wrong either. Petty point scoring, baseless claims.

The sad thing is - this thread is reflective of our society as a whole now. Everyone has been divided by the government - Brexit has got everyone arguing with each other instead of looking towards the true criminals here, the government themselves. 

A populous too caught up arguing with each other when they should be standing as one to fight the injustices that come from those who rule us. 

Sad times. 

While I'd agree that the polarisation in the country is pretty aptly reflected by this very thread, I wouldn't be so quick to lose hope for discourse.

There are numerous other threads here that show much better standards of debate and consensus both (though I am similarly losing hope in the Trump thread tbh as there seems to be no one currently supporting what he does posting there :D)

1 hour ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Even andrea leadsom thinks the Tories are scum*

Commons leader uneasy after ill and pregnant MPs forced to vote in house

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/21/commons-leader-uneasy-after-ill-and-pregnant-mps-forced-to-vote-in-house?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

*admittedly she didn't use that word

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Sad times. 

Was going to post 'Happy anniversary' to this thread, until I saw your post here and agree with it..

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Was going to post 'Happy anniversary' to this thread, until I saw your post here and agree with it..

He might be right but this isn't the place to admit it :ph34r: