Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

Anyone suggesting this is a scare story should consider the penalties for publishing inaccurate information about a listed company,. Business leaders, unlike politicians, have a legal obligation to be truthful about anything which may influence share prices.

Airbus are just telling it like it is and seem to be understating the threat. It's a huge company and operating plans stretch years into the future. They've clearly made contingency plans for a no-deal meltdown and are obliged to share those concerns as the cliff-edge nears.

I’m sure the story is entirely accurate.

I listened to the CEO’s interview this morning and he said he wanted assurances from the UK regarding what type of deal would be involved. 

He also apparently managed to keep a straight face when he was asked if there had been pressure on him to go public with this statement from his stakeholders, the governments of France, Germany and Spain. 

I’m sure its it’s just a coincidence. 

‘No deal meltdown’, ‘cliff edge’

Jesus, man, get a grip!

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Who gives a shit about airbus, the welfare train can pick up the tab. All the global conglomerate twats can take a running jump of that cliff, they give us nothing.

I'm not a huge fan on of mega corporations but I would think the families of the workers might think otherwise.

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Tbf, you are very good at it - you got under my skin a few times before I knew you better. lol

lol

I remember our first tif :wub:

I said everybody is a bigot and you wouldn’t have it. I think we agreed I was right in the end :D

Just now, Strokes said:

lol

I remember our first tif :wub:

I said everybody is a bigot and you wouldn’t have it. I think we agreed I was right in the end :D

Yeah, I remember. lol

Pretty sure we agreed I was right and you are just a troll, though. :D

• Haha 1

This thread's really boring. We need an election or something to liven things up. 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Interesting - and if the EU broke WTO rules, it has to pay the penalty. But I doubt that Airbus are commenting about possibly leaving in the event of No Deal in the hope of getting more illegal donations from the EU!

More likely to be because of potential financial loss to the company due to EU imports/exports/supply chains, and having the option to relocate production due to pre-existing plants/expertise on the continent & trade links in China.

Airbus also got cash from the UK govt and Welsh govts, as well as national govts on the continent.

On 22/06/2018 at 08:56, MattP said:

Does anyone still seriously believe they'll be no deal?

All sides are clearly quite keen to do one.

Absolutely, we have to concede in area's and accept a deal however Davis, Fox and Johnson keep pushing for no-deal, maybe even hinting that it's inevitable. 

Brexit is the dumbest, most suicidal political decision in modern British history. All so that David Cameron could beat Ed bloody Milliband in an election. Lies, deceit, ignorance, we aren't getting good trade deals when you have Trump smacking 20% trade tariffs on anything and everything, it's purely a pipe dream. If a 'hard Brexit' or as Boris has said this morning a 'British Brexit' goes through then we are screwed and they'll all float off into the sunset to leave the mess for somebody else to clear up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Absolutely, we have to concede in area's and accept a deal however Davis, Fox and Johnson keep pushing for no-deal, maybe even hinting that it's inevitable. 

Brexit is the dumbest, most suicidal political decision in modern British history. All so that David Cameron could beat Ed bloody Milliband in an election. Lies, deceit, ignorance, we aren't getting good trade deals when you have Trump smacking 20% trade tariffs on anything and everything, it's purely a pipe dream. If a 'hard Brexit' or as Boris has said this morning a 'British Brexit' goes through then we are screwed and they'll all float off into the sunset to leave the mess for somebody else to clear up.

A nice positive start to the morning, cheer up.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Good to see the alt-Remainers not concentrating on constituency campaigning and instead keeping up the big expensive whinge-fest. Keep up the good work gents ?

The Corbynista on LBC yesterday summed it up.

If any Labour voter wants to be pro-EU then do the honourable thing, join the Conservative party and try and get Cameron and Gideon back, that's the party for you.

Guest MattP
2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Still baffled as to why people play up the Trump thing so much.

We don't leave transition until 2021 at the earliest and the next US election is 2020.

33 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

DgRsLrtX0AADU_o.jpg

wtf man. she get down any lower and she might as well suck him off.

31 minutes ago, Buce said:

A fawning sycophant, like all Tories.

Or just showing her respect to the future King of England? (assuming it’s Prince William, I can’t tell :blink:)

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Or just showing her respect to the future King of England? (assuming it’s Prince William, I can’t tell :blink:)

British people died in two world wars so we wouldn’t have to bow to anyone. She should show more respect to them.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

British people died in two world wars so we wouldn’t have to bow to anyone. She should show more respect to them.

We'll all be anti-monarchy when that cuckold Charles takes over anyway. 

I felt for Meghan at the wedding, probably the only bride in history to get a lecture on climate change whilst being walked down the aisle.