Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

So, the Sun says that we are going to start stockpiling tins of food, to show no deal is still a real option

So we are sending a message to Brussels that if you dont back down to our demands, we will all eat beans out of a can and corned beef and that will REALLY show you we mean business? And yet brexiteers persist with the idea that "they need us more than we need them"....

So our answer to that is live on corned beef and spam fritters?

And why is "chaos at the ports" mentionned in the article? the idea that there will be chaos at the ports was a "remoaner" argument no? stockpiling medicines in the event of chaos at the ports. Chaos that the brexiteer media has admitted would happen then, yet still wants no deal. Amazing really.

The whole idea of no deal is absurd anyway. If youre negotiating a deal and you cant negotiate the terms, you revert back to your default position, which would be owning the thing you already have that you are negotiating the deal on, the car, the house, whatever. You dont try and sell a house, not get the right offer, and then pack up and become homeless, you revert back to your starting position of being in the house.

We were in the EU, we are trying to negotiate a deal that is mutually beneficial for both of us, because both sides in the deal know how stupid breaking up our existing situation is.

So our threat to them (treating them as an enemy rather than a partner to comprimise with) is to walk away with nothing while they still have 27 members and the largest single market in the world.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

So, the Sun says that we are going to start stockpiling tins of food, to show no deal is still a real option

So we are sending a message to Brussels that if you dont back down to our demands, we will all eat beans out of a can and corned beef and that will REALLY show you we mean business? And yet brexiteers persist with the idea that "they need us more than we need them"....

So our answer to that is live on corned beef and spam fritters?

And why is "chaos at the ports" mentionned in the article? the idea that there will be chaos at the ports was a "remoaner" argument no? stockpiling medicines in the event of chaos at the ports. Chaos that the brexiteer media has admitted would happen then, yet still wants no deal. Amazing really.

The whole idea of no deal is absurd anyway. If youre negotiating a deal and you cant negotiate the terms, you revert back to your default position, which would be owning the thing you already have that you are negotiating the deal on, the car, the house, whatever.

We were in the EU, we are trying to negotiate a deal that is mutually beneficial for both of us, because both sides in the deal know how stupid breaking up our existing situation is.

So our threat to them (treating them as an enemy rather than a partner to comprimise with) is to walk away with nothing while they still have 27 members and the largest single market in the world.

I like corned beef though, with a bit of hp and I can make my own bread. So no bother mate. Hopefully we can keep a few tins of pineapples too for a treat.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

And we could use the left over metal from the cans to build favelas for the people losing their jobs too. Its actually genius.

No we can throw all the rubbish in the North Sea now we don’t have to stick to all the shitty environmental rules, that’ll rattle em. 

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I like corned beef though, with a bit of hp and I can make my own bread. So no bother mate. Hopefully we can keep a few tins of pineapples too for a treat.

With a tin of evaporated milk? Lovely.

5 minutes ago, Donut said:

Thatll knacker up the waters we are supposed to be taking control of.

Then again, theyre our waters, ours to ruin.

If we dump at the right time it’ll end up on French beaches, or if not Scotland’s. Win win if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

We can aleviate pressure on the NHS caused by immigrants by giving ourselves bowel cancer too and dying younger.

There is no pressure on the NHS, the brexit dividend sorts that out dummy. 

Yeah but the dividend is being used to build warehouses for the medicine stockpile.

Weve explored the possibility of buying a few factory spaces off Airbus and Land Rover though.

Edited by Donut

7 minutes ago, Donut said:

Yeah but the dividend is being used to build warehouses for the medicine stockpile.

Weve explored the possibility of buying a few factory spaces off Airbus and Land Rover though.

We can just set up National industries to replace them when the militants take over, we don’t need global nonce companies beating on the working class. Cannabis is all the medicine we need and we can grow that in our attics whilt enjoying our fish supper. Hopefully we can convince the jocks to leave the UK and join the EU so we can have a hard border with them pricks.

It's all going a bit wrong today, isn't it?

The newest EU nation has dumped us out of the World Cup.

The gammons have eaten all the pineapple.

A profits warning means the Brexit dividend is cancelled.

There are now 4 Tory parties where there used to be only 3.

The French are going to win the World Cup.

And Global Britain is staking its future on exporting tariff-free Gareth Southgate waistcoats to Samoa.

Roll on the football season!

• Haha 2

There’s a lot of fudge reminents on this White Paper.

Brexit means Brexit... except when you create newly worded associations that looks a lot like the thing before, only absurdly worse. 

Would a Brexitier dare say it - we might as well stay, if that’s leaving? 

As a remain voter, I’d call this ‘new plan’ a shitty one that achieves worse than nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Brexit means Brexit... except when you create newly worded associations that looks a lot like the thing before, only absurdly worse. 

As a remain voter, I’d call this ‘new plan’ a shitty one that achieves worse than nothing.

If this was the final deal, I could accept it through gritted teeth. I've said from the start I thought joint standards for goods was a good idea. Joint standards on agri produce is disappointing because it means we won't be able to buy some foods at world prices which was one of the benefits. It makes FTA less likely too. The ECJ bit I'm not keen on but I could live with it on a limited basis. This customs deal seems crazy.

The thing is we know the EU will ask for more and more so it'll to get to the point were we're worse than staying in. I honestly think that no deal is the most likely result now.

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If this was the final deal, I could accept it through gritted teeth. I've said from the start I thought joint standards for goods was a good idea. Joint standards on agri produce is disappointing because it means we won't be able to buy some foods at world prices which was one of the benefits. It makes FTA less likely too. The ECJ bit I'm not keen on but I could live with it on a limited basis. This customs deal seems crazy.

The thing is we know the EU will ask for more and more so it'll to get to the point were we're worse than staying in. I honestly think that no deal is the most likely result now.

The EU won’t allow services to be separate, not a chance. Where we end up after that, I’ve no idea.

No deal is impossible without breaking the Belfast agreement or not being a WTO member and the backstop agreement over NI is atrocious. 

Tough decisions over the NI situation will have to be made but it’s looking like our best options are either no deal or rescind article 50. I don’t think anything else will do.

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Already said as much quite a while back. If the option is a shite leave in name only deal then I'd rather just stay in. 

Honestly can't understand how anyone, on either side, can get behind the current ideas. It's the worst of both worlds, and the only reason it's being persued is the government doesn't have the bollocks necessary to either put up a proper fight, or give up and face the "wrath of the people". 

Edited by Innovindil
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Already said as much quite a while back. If the option is a shite leave in name only deal then I'd rather just stay in. 

Honestly can't understand how anyone, on either side, can get behind the current ideas. It's the worst of both worlds, and the only reason it's being persued is the government doesn't have the bollocks necessary to either put up a proper fight, or give up and face the "wrath of the people". 

It’s a cowardly proposal.

25 minutes ago, Donut said:

The government don't want to fulfil "the will of the people" in the hard brexit no deal sense, because they cannot face up to the fact that fulfilling this mythical "will of the people"  will wreck the economy and peoples livelihoods whether they voted remain OR leave, and they are not prepared to be the ones holding the can when the wheels fall off.

There isn't, and never was, any kind of support in this country for no deal off the cliff edge brexit no matter how much noise extreme right tories want to make, and it should be absolutely obvious that:

1) We were ALL better off as we were

2) Everyone lied, and continues to lie through their teeth about what brexit really is

3) Everyone who says they knew what they voted for clearly didn't no matter what they say

4) No one even considered whether the elements of brexit they punted about were even deliverable

5) The only thing stopping people seeing sense,revoking article 50 and us maintaining our position as it is now, is the sense that people don't like to be told they were wrong, don't like to think outside of their spoonfed diet of far right tabloid crap, the conviction the media has created within them that the EU is an enemy, and an intrinsic xenophobia stopping them seeing the bigger picture.

for 99.9% of people who contribute to this forum, and probably in the population, EU membership has ZERO negative effect on their life. It doesn't stop you going to the doctors or hospital. It doesn't stop you buying a house. It doesn't impose laws that ruin your life. It doesn't mean your vote in an election is a waste of time. It doesn't mean your neighbourhood will eventually turn into a shanty town.

Yet our choices now are prepare for no deal brexit and ports chaos by shoving as much medicine as we can into warehouses and stockpiling as much tinned processed shit as possible, sticking up a border in Ireland, watching thousands of everyday normal people lose their jobs go irrespective of how they voted, putting billions into technology at ports that we didn't need in the past but now would, while trying to makeup for a shortfall in trade with the biggest single market in the world while we negotiate long drawn out deals with countries who were supposedly queuing up to deal with us and goat herding countries in the arse end of nowhere. A country where your workers rights will be heavily reduced, and one where bosses want as much deregulation as possible.

Or to accept a deal that kind of looks like EU membership because that is better, but its not ACTUAL EU membership. Just a more watery version where we cannot affect policy or reform.

And its all on the principle that "we won you lost" that means we have to keep going down this stupid road of being at best slightly worse off, and at worst shafted.

:appl:

Post of the year.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

It’s a cowardly proposal.

Mate I'm not sure if anyone has told you, but you've got a picture of a dogs arse as your avatar :blink: