Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

22 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

It's all going a bit wrong today, isn't it?

The newest EU nation has dumped us out of the World Cup.

The gammons have eaten all the pineapple.

A profits warning means the Brexit dividend is cancelled.

There are now 4 Tory parties where there used to be only 3.

The French are going to win the World Cup.

And Global Britain is staking its future on exporting tariff-free Gareth Southgate waistcoats to Samoa.

Roll on the football season!

And to top it all off Croatia actually have blue passports. 

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

What in the actual **** is this embarrassing shit. Are you ****ing kidding me? 

Looks to me like she's politely saying "After you..." to a guest. What's wrong with that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Be ready for standard "but what about *insert other human rights abusing leader* who visited the UK recently?" reply.

And, are you saying that’s not valid? I’m not a supporter of Trump, the blokes a **** but why does he get vitriol less than others when they are similar?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

The EU won’t allow services to be separate, not a chance. Where we end up after that, I’ve no idea.

No deal is impossible without breaking the Belfast agreement or not being a WTO member and the backstop agreement over NI is atrocious. 

Tough decisions over the NI situation will have to be made but it’s looking like our best options are either no deal or rescind article 50. I don’t think anything else will do.

I think there is 0% chance of parliament allowing no deal. There is a huge majority against hard Brexit. If it comes to it somebody will put forward a paper forcing the government to rescind article 50 and it will be voted into law. 

Edit: I hope 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

And, are you saying that’s not valid? I’m not a supporter of Trump, the blokes a **** but why does he get vitriol less than others when they are similar?

I'm saying that is valid but also most often used as a deflection from talk about him and the things his administration gets up to.

Besides, as has been mentioned in the past, you take it more seriously when your friends fvck up than your...not friends.

44 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'm saying that is valid but also most often used as a deflection from talk about him and the things his administration gets up to.

Besides, as has been mentioned in the past, you take it more seriously when your friends fvck up than your...not friends.

Fair enough, I don’t mind his trade views. It’s similar to mine but apart from that.....the guy, for me is incredibly confrontational and unprofessional. I don’t think he is a statesman and despite opinion amongst my peers I actually liked Obama. However I don’t think all of the criticisms of Trump are fair and I think some people make themselves look a bit silly when they criticise unwarranted bits especially when they are not unique to Trump.

Edited by Strokes

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Embarrassing scenes for the UK.  Trump is using the state visit to promote the worst possible Brexit and being a right cock while he's at it.  I'm sure the thought has occurred to the knee-jerk defenders of all things Trump and Brexit that he's saying we'll get a good trade deal with them if we go for a no-deal Brexit but please stop deluding yourselves, the UK market will be swamped with cheap, unregulated American crap if he gets his way, killing thousands of jobs as our businesses struggle to compete with the deluge.  And really the fact that he's undermining her even further by claiming that BoJo of all people is PM material tells you all you need to know (though I have no doubt that Trump truly believes that, the 2 are a very similar kind of buffoon).  As stated previously I'm all for seeing what kind of deal we can negotiate with the EU but it's getting dangerously close to the point where if Theresa has any strong and stable in her wibbly wobbly jelly legs she'll revoke article 50 before it's too late.

It's ridiculous.

Thing is, he fronts the richest and most powerful country on earth. He can go round telling it as he sees it and America will gain initially as nobody can stand up to the U.S. But it isn't a good way for them to behave. We can't trust them at this moment. Sorry, but we can't. He'll only offer what he wants to offer which will be hugely weighted towards them. And in the meantime he's weighing in on Brexit, Boris, Russia, NATO etc. He's not remotely intelligent and doesn't appear to understand that American soft power is worth far more to what is already the world's richest nation than a few extra quid. He's throwing away relationships with the EU, specifically Germany, us, NATO etc for what? How can any of their traditional allies trust them if this is how he acts? At this moment to be leaving the warm embrace of the EU for a uncertain future and uncertain relationship with the US is scary.

TM needs to grow a pair, this is embarrassing. She has no backbone, This tw@t will be gone in 2 to  6 years why are we licking his arse?

Edited by Smudge

Donald Trump says the brexit plans will kill the chance of a trade deal with the US.

So yeah, a better strategy would be to go for no deal, so domestic based massive car and aerospace employers can all leave, and then we can sign a magical trade deal to accept all their chlorinated chickens instead and lead a deregulated race to the bottom on standards that will probably put even more UK producers out of business.

And while we are at it, once again, lets diminish our relationship with the biggest single market on the planet so we can trade second rate tat.

Thats what its come to, going cap in hand to a racist misogynist who wants to call the tune on our brexit to open access to overseas markets for crap.

(oh but the EU, theyre bullies, theyre bullying us, they want to make a big example of us........stop bullyyyyyying usssss)

• Like 2

He's insulted his hosts. He's put the finger up to May. 

None of which comes as a surprise.

In a way, I hope his article in The Sun  helps to make up people's minds about who is on whose side and what this all means.

You've got Trump, who is mates with Boris Johnson, Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage, coming here and riding roughshod over any relationship he had with May, advocating a harder Brexit and backing Boris for PM.

May should tell him to do one. 

But she won't.

You get the feeling that Trump's pal Putin is loving all this chaos 

• Like 2

You lot do realise, don't you, that the US is our single biggest trading nation partner in terms of exports?  And that is despite EU tariffs and trade barriers, so potential to grow significantly.  The EU is 27 countries of course.

Fastest growing export markets - Turkey, South Korea and China.

I just don't understand the vitriol toward the US.  Just another of then more unpleasant symptoms of the left of which there are legion.

I also don't understand the love-in with the vile EU and their determination to rule us or hurt us.  They are not our friends. 

Edited by murphy

10 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

What in the actual **** is this embarrassing shit. Are you ****ing kidding me? 

She's read that he believes in grabbing a pussy so she's going for it, it's bonding. 

• Haha 1