Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 minute ago, MattP said:

"Returning". lol

The guy's never off the fvcking tele. Can't go more than half an hour without seeing his eminently punchable mug somewhere.

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not managed to get the cushty US ambassadorial etc role that he wanted so he could be close to his idol then?

As if the Tories were ever going to give him that.

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

As if the Tories were ever going to give him that.

Probably not, but I was thinking perhaps the narcissist-in-chief might offer him something from their side. He (Farage that is) certainly seemed desperate enough for it.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

Guest MattP
52 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Returning". lol

The guy's never off the fvcking tele. Can't go more than half an hour without seeing his eminently punchable mug somewhere.

He's not been on much since he got his LBC show.

The plan should be simple though, reboot UKIP and then stand in seats against Labour and Tory remain MP's in close leave/remain constituencies.

Only way we'll get this done properly is by parliamentary majority and given it was 61%-39% to leave in seats terms because of the high concentration of remain voters in cities it has to be the way to go. 

Brexit, potentially, could be possibly the worst political decision since Tony Blair was chosen as Prime Minister.

Feels embarrassing at the moment in front of other countries.

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

No, but I think it’ll be alright whatever happens. It’s quite entertaining whilst we wait....

Hope you’re right. I’m starting to get very concerned with the long term economic effects of this shambles, which ultimately effects ordinary people more than the great and the good. We seem to be a million miles away from a brexit that is truly in the nation’s interest.

• Like 1

We're having our democracy subverted by the oligarchs and plutocrats. Whether one is Remain or Leave, it should be of massive concern to us all that massive electoral fraud has already been proven, and it's worse than we know in all probability. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Brexit, potentially, could be possibly the worst political decision since Tony Blair was chosen as Prime Minister.

Feels embarrassing at the moment in front of other countries.

Electing Blair wasn't a terrible decision, he achieved a lot socially here, it's just a shame that the div followed Bush and killed and displaced millions in the Middle East thus creating an environment for ISIS to thrive.

The idea of Brexit isn't terrible however we are currently in the midst of our worst generation of front line politicians that we've ever had, power hungry narcissists (and I include the Labour leadership in that). It is a disaster, it's going to become even more of a disaster, there is no correct answer, there is no way of doing this which is going to please everyone, it's a shambles and should be halted before any more damage is done. Obviously it won't because we have to uphold democracy but the whole thing is a complete mess. 

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Shouldn't Farage obey 'the will of the people' who have shown him what they think of him no less than SEVEN times at the ballot box?

What's the phrase? 'You lost, get over it'

To be fair, he could have walked into a safe Tory seat at anytime had it took up the offer from them but chose to fight tougher seats with UKIP.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all in politics, especially in this day and age of career politicians using wealth or influence to canter into easy wins with red or blue rosettes. 

Edited by MattP

lol And what does that say about the Tories? Good grief man.

I'm not so sure he'd have given up his well-paid, benefit-laden role with that most heinous European Union as readily as you'd think either.

Edited by ealingfox

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

lol And what does that say about the Tories? Good grief man.

I'm not so sure he'd have given up his well-paid, benefit-laden role with that most heinous European Union as readily as you'd think either.

Well it probably says they are quite smart given had he taken it UKIP wouldn't have become the force it was and spooked Cameron into offering the referendum in the first place. They realised from the start the guy was clearly a talented politician and recognised he could do some damage.

Second point makes no sense as he was trying to give up that every time he stood for parliament. 

Guest MattP

Hopefully this is the start of people like Soubry, Perry etc joining the Liberals and the Tory party can reflecting it's membership again.

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

I wonder at what point even the most staunch Brexiteer is prepared to admit that this is just one almighty mess. 

It will be a hunger games situation with people fighting over rats and they'll still be like "at least the eu arent messing with our bendy bananas" 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MattP said:

To be fair, he could have walked into a safe Tory seat at anytime had it took up the offer from them but chose to fight tougher seats with UKIP.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all in politics, especially in this day and age of career politicians using wealth or influence to canter into easy wins with red or blue rosettes. 

You don't fall for the man of the people schtick surely?