Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

lol

last few pages have been jokes. 

a wild murphy has appeared

thought he'd have a little crack at the politics thread

probably not worth it tbh murphy - just a bunch of guys who have different opinions trying to out argue each other with no end result.

get out before it sucks you in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Aye and they do, doesn't matter how many voted for Clinton or what the total population is 63 million people voted for Trump and if you slag Trump  you indirectly slag 63 million Americans.

Are you saying you take personal offence every time someone criticises the party you voted for?  That is not healthy dude.

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Are you saying you take personal offence every time someone criticises the party you voted for?  That is not healthy dude.

No. I'm not saying anything about how i feel I'm just making an observation that there is a connection..

I'm apolitical and have no allegiance or leaning towards any particular party. 

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

lol

last few pages have been jokes. 

a wild murphy has appeared

thought he'd have a little crack at the politics thread

probably not worth it tbh murphy - just a bunch of guys who have different opinions trying to out argue each other with no end result.

get out before it sucks you in

Wild Murphy? 

From what I can see, it's a bunch of guys with the same opinion...and then me.

Just now, murphy said:

From what I can see, it's a bunch of guys with the same opinion...and then me.

you're alright mate, MattP and Webbo will turn up at some point and welcome you into their tory hard-brexit club

when they're not about this thread is mostly frequented by compassionate human beings who don't like brexit and don't like trump. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

you're alright mate, MattP and Webbo will turn up at some point and welcome you into their tory hard-brexit club

when they're not about this thread is mostly frequented by compassionate human beings who don't like brexit and don't like trump. :thumbup:

That sounds incredibly dreary.  

I should take your advice and GTFO back to where the wild things live.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

this thread is mostly frequented by compassionate human beings who don't like brexit ..

You may be right.  But back in the real world ...   the majority of people, compassionate or otherwise, voted FOR brexit ..  and wish the government were allowed to get on with it and people like you would shut the fvck up and not try and try and wreck it just so they can say ..  “I told you so ..  aren’t I clever! “.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

You may be right.  But back in the real world ...   the majority of people, compassionate or otherwise, voted FOR brexit ..  and wish the government were allowed to get on with it and people like you would shut the fvck up and not try and try and wreck it just so they can say ..  “I told you so ..  aren’t I clever! “.

He wouldn't do that, he's compassionate.

• Haha 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

not try and wreck it lol. it's doing a pretty good job of wrecking itself 

government is welcome to crack on but they ain't got a ****ing clue what they're doing. 

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

not try and wreck it lol. it's doing a pretty good job of wrecking itself 

government is welcome to crack on but they ain't got a ****ing clue what they're doing. 

You may well be right again ..  but we all know WHY it’s turning into a mess ...   you know just as well as I do lifted.  It is a complete and utter fvck up ...   mainly cus we are not sticking together.   This is our chance to get our house in order before the whole eu thing falls to bits ...    as it will ...  imo.

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You may well be right again ..  but we all know WHY it’s turning into a mess ...   you know just as well as I do lifted.  It is a complete and utter fvck up ...   mainly cus we are not sticking together.   This is our chance to get our house in order before the whole eu thing falls to bits ...    as it will ...  imo.

I like you mate and we have some decent chat elsewhere so I'm not gonna get into an argument with you over Brexit. 

I've always made my stance on here VERY clear and as much as the notion of everyone sticking together to make it a success is nice, it's not going to happen and I'm never getting behind Brexit. :)

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I like you mate and we have some decent chat elsewhere so I'm not gonna get into an argument with you over Brexit. 

I've always made my stance on here VERY clear and as much as the notion of everyone sticking together to make it a success is nice, it's not going to happen and I'm never getting behind Brexit. :)

It’s  not even as simple as for or against brexit anymore ...  it’s sooooo fvckin complicated ...   how people were expected to make an informed decision in the first place with all the lies being told is totally beyond me ...   personally,  I didn’t want to be part of a federal state and be told what to do by people that are, in all reality, anti British ...   but where we are now is a fvckin nightmare.   I don’t know the answer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

It’s  not even as simple as for or against brexit anymore ...  it’s sooooo fvckin complicated ...   how people were expected to make an informed decision in the first place with all the lies being told is totally beyond me ...   personally,  I didn’t want to be part of a federal state and be told what to do by people that are, in all reality, anti British ...   but where we are now is a fvckin nightmare.   I don’t know the answer. 

It's turning into a mess because of lack of self confidence. 

There are two numbers we all need to be aware of - net savings from EU contributions £8bn.  Tariffs on exports of current trade £5.75bn. 

Add to that tariffs on imports, should we apply them of £12bn and no divorce bill (£39bn) and we have literally nothing to fear from a hard brexit.

We need Churchills but unfortunately we've only got Chamberlains.

Edited by murphy

"people like you shut the fvck up and not try and wreck it so they can say i told you so"

Are you out of your brexfvcked mind?

No matter how people voted, we ALL have to live with the storm of shit that has been unleashed on the UK, and you think we all WANT to get poorer and deliberately fvck ourselves up to win an internet argument?

Brexit is fvcking itself up, because its a stupid idea.

But youre claiming that brexit isnt working because we arent getting behind it enough. What do you want people to do to get behind it more? paint their faces in the colours of the union flag, hang up pictures of nigel farage, all start buying the daily mail and boycotting the chippy because it has a greek owner?

The government IS getting on with brexit. Because despite leaving the European Union which is what you wanted and managed to put your little cross in the box for, and despite claiming you knew exactly what you voted for and all your fellow brexiteers did, the brexit STILL isnt what you want.

And a majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for it either, so youre factually incorrect. When you take out those who did not vote for it, those who abstained from voting who you are assuming would all lean towards brexit if they had to vote, and all people not eligible to vote which you assume the same again, then the majority of people did not vote for brexit.

Id be over the moon if brexit made me better off, or made the country better off, and in a proper, tangible way that can be measured instead of some abstract concept like "sovereignty" that is punted about by goons, but the chances of that unicorn coming around are nil.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1

Ah,this must be one of those "compassionate human beings" I've been hearing about.

You learn something every day when you "have a little crack at the politics thread" with all of these intellectual heavyweights.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

"people like you shut the fvck up and not try and wreck it so they can say i told you so"

Are you out of your brexfvcked mind?

No matter how people voted, we ALL have to live with the storm of shit that has been unleashed on the UK, and you think we all WANT to get poorer and deliberately fvck ourselves up to win an internet argument?

Brexit is fvcking itself up, because its a stupid idea.

But youre claiming that brexit isnt working because we arent getting behind it enough. What do you want people to do to get behind it more? paint their faces in the colours of the union flag, hang up pictures of nigel farage, all start buying the daily mail and boycotting the chippy because it has a greek owner?

The government IS getting on with brexit. Because despite leaving the European Union which is what you managed to put your little cross in the box for, and despite claiming you knew exactly what you voted for and all your fellow brexiteers did, the brexit still isnt what you want.

And a majority of people in the UK did NOT vote for it either, so youre factually incorrect. When you take out those who did not vote for it, those who abstained from voting who you are assuming would all lean towards brexit if they had to vote, and all people not eligible to vote which you assume the same again, then the majority of people did not vote for brexit.

Id be over the moon if brexit made me better off, or made the country better off, and in a proper, tangible way that can be measured instead of some abstract concept like "sovereignty" that is punted about by goons, but the chances of that unicorn coming around are nil.

Jeez ...  life is too short to reply to this.   Regardless of the majority or not the majority more people voted for it than against it.  

And as for my ‘little cross in the box’ ...   you’re factually WRONG my friend  ...   cus I didn’t !  Try not to guess.

Boycott the chippy ...   I despair ...   :nono:

• Like 1

Well you were the one that came out with the notion brexit was failing because people were not getting behind it enough.

Thats the only desperation youve got left, when all logic and all rational debate and evidence leaves the room, youre just left with blind faith and clinging onto hope something magical will happen if we all just believe soooo hard.

If life is too short, dont come onto forums with shitty little brexit slogans and meaningless twaddle soundbites like "get behind it" or "brexit means brexit" or claim you know more about the real world than the heads of HMRC, the biggest employers in the country who manage integrated supply chains and the governors of the bank of england and imply that if they all just "believed" a unicorn would appear.

Edited by Donut

37 minutes ago, murphy said:

It's turning into a mess because of lack of self confidence. 

There are two numbers we all need to be aware of - net savings from EU contributions £8bn.  Tariffs on exports of current trade £5.75bn. 

Add to that tariffs on imports, should we apply them of £12bn and no divorce bill (£39bn) and we have literally nothing to fear from a hard brexit.

We need Churchills but unfortunately we've only got Chamberlains.

We don’t even need the EU contributions, we have a trading deficit. If we invest what we earn into rebating businesses, we would still be better off. The trouble is this government has no balls, no imagination and nobody left that really wants brexit. They need kicking out!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Ah,this must be one of those "compassionate human beings" I've been hearing about.

You learn something every day when you "have a little crack at the politics thread" with all of these intellectual heavyweights.

lol

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

We don’t even need the EU contributions, we have a trading deficit. If we invest what we earn into rebating businesses, we would still be better off. The trouble is this government has no balls, no imagination and nobody left that really wants brexit. They need kicking out!

Emotion over facts. The usual Brexiteer case. The Rees-Mogg's still telling us they know more than the people telling us that their businesses will be wrecked by Brexit. Welcome to facts mean nothing politics.

• Like 1

Just now, l444ry said:

Emotion over facts. The usual Brexiteer case. The Rees-Mogg's still telling us they know more than the people telling us that their businesses will be wrecked by Brexit. Welcome to facts mean nothing politics.

What facts are you presenting, like ever? Which part are you disputing exactly? 

Just now, Strokes said:

What facts are you presenting, like ever? Which part are you disputing exactly? 

Not going over the last two years again Strokes. It's impossible to argue against emotion. The facts are there if you really wanna find them.