Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Honesty don't get the hate for him. Our fans are few and fair between in terms of player ability.. I mean come on some are happy with Andy King ffs lol

Slimani scored 9 in 19? Assisted around 7 in that too being injured for the majority of the season and going to AFCON? Imagine keeping him fit all season he's a 15-20 goal a season striker not to mention his assist. 

Keep for me.

And some people slag him off unnecessarily at every opportunity :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Is he good enough for sustained success/competing for Europe or Domestic Cups?

4th choice? Yep. Not imposing enough to be better than that but he is fine with genuine quality alongside him

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

4th choice? Yep. Not imposing enough to be better than that but he is fine with genuine quality alongside him

Fourth choice? Behind Mendy, James? More like fifth or sixth but you've just proved my point. Championship player at best.

59 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

And some people slag him off unnecessarily at every opportunity :rolleyes:

I've always admired Andy King and certainly your defence of the player. You've done it for years.

But why are you so obsessed with King? Like Thrac seems to be?

Ive always liked King as a bloke and as a footballer, whilst always acknowledging his limitations.

54 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Fourth choice? Behind Mendy, James? More like fifth or sixth but you've just proved my point. Championship player at best.

Well he's ahead of both Mendy and James currently. We won the league with him as 3rd choice. So not really sure what your point was.

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I've always admired Andy King and certainly your defence of the player. You've done it for years.

But why are you so obsessed with King? Like Thrac seems to be?

Ive always liked King as a bloke and as a footballer, whilst always acknowledging his limitations.

Look, can we do better than Andy King as a starting midfielder? Absolutely. But he's dependable and a decent squad player. He's a legend of this club and frankly the lack of respect from some people is a joke. They moan about a lack of loyalty from Guys like Mahrez and then can't give any of said Loyalty to King? I just don't get that

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Is he good enough for sustained success/competing for Europe or Domestic Cups?

Well he has more experience in the champions league and Europa league than any other player on the team so..

17 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Being linked with a return to sporting if they sell Dost in the S*n

Who can we rip to shreds if he returns to Sporting and Mahrez goes to Arsenal....Ahhh, I'm beginning to understand the loyalty toward Andy King now lol

10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Well he's ahead of both Mendy and James currently. We won the league with him as 3rd choice. So not really sure what your point was.

Look, can we do better than Andy King as a starting midfielder? Absolutely. But he's dependable and a decent squad player. He's a legend of this club and frankly the lack of respect from some people is a joke. They moan about a lack of loyalty from Guys like Mahrez and then can't give any of said Loyalty to King? I just don't get that

We won the league with him because we had no one else. A fit Mandy or Matty James > Andy King, sorry. I love the bloke for his loyalty and service to the club but he isn't good enough to take us where we want to be. Then you get people who slag Slimani off who was injured before he came and still gave a good goals/assists to game ratio. Don't you see a difference?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

We won the league with him because we had no one else. A fit Mandy or Matty James > Andy King, sorry. I love the bloke for his loyalty and service to the club but he isn't good enough to take us where we want to be. Then you get people who slag Slimani off who was injured before he came and still gave a good goals/assists to game ratio. Don't you see a difference?

Mendy based on what though? Have you seen him play a lot then? I'm willing to give him chance but he looks awful from what I have seen. Can't even pass a ball properly over 20 yards.

Again, James last played 2 years ago in the prem and that was when we struggled. I'd like to see him come back but he is too similar to King in that they have positioned themselves as jack of all trades.

The fact as it stands, is that of the 3 you mentioned, Andy King is the real proven Premier League player. Obviously Kante was a freak but whenever King played next to him, he looked fine and that's my thing; he adaptable. As we progress as a team, King will always be able to contribute because the better players around him, the better he will look. And that's because of his simple style. He supplements others. From what I have seen of Mendy for example, means that if we progress he would become more of a liability because he would try to force things and wouldn't have the quality to match. If we want to progress then we need to be signing a top quality centre midfielder. We don't need to be replacing 4th choice directly at this stage.

You don't rate that's fine (and I get why) but you don't love the bloke else you wouldn't have written what you did.

As for Slimani, I personally don't care either way. I think he could be very good for us but wouldn't cry if he went. I do think that it's poor that people have written him off without playing much or getting a consistent run but it's Foxestalk, home of the double standards. People have done the same with Musa, Gray, Chilwell, Kaputska etc so wouldn't expect anything less.

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Mendy based on what though? Have you seen him play a lot then? I'm willing to give him chance but he looks awful from what I have seen. Can't even pass a ball properly over 20 yards.

Again, James last played 2 years ago in the prem and that was when we struggled. I'd like to see him come back but he is too similar to King in that they have positioned themselves as jack of all trades.

The fact as it stands, is that of the 3 you mentioned, Andy King is the real proven Premier League player. Obviously Kante was a freak but whenever King played next to him, he looked fine and that's my thing; he adaptable. As we progress as a team, King will always be able to contribute because the better players around him, the better he will look. And that's because of his simple style. He supplements others. From what I have seen of Mendy for example, means that if we progress he would become more of a liability because he would try to force things and wouldn't have the quality to match. If we want to progress then we need to be signing a top quality centre midfielder. We don't need to be replacing 4th choice directly at this stage.

You don't rate that's fine (and I get why) but you don't love the bloke else you wouldn't have written what you did.

As for Slimani, I personally don't care either way. I think he could be very good for us but wouldn't cry if he went. I do think that it's poor that people have written him off without playing much or getting a consistent run but it's Foxestalk, home of the double standards. People have done the same with Musa, Gray, Chilwell, Kaputska etc so wouldn't expect anything less.

How is Andy King a proven premier league player with bit part appearances? Mendy was class for Nice and looked good against Arsenal until that injury and we haven't really seen him since. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How is Andy King a proven premier league player with bit part appearances? Mendy was class for Nice and looked good against Arsenal until that injury and we haven't really seen him since. 

He's a Premier League winner? I'm simply giving you a fact since you wanted to make it objective. Assuming you've watched virtually every Nice game featuring Mendy then?

21 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's a Premier League winner? I'm simply giving you a fact since you wanted to make it objective. Assuming you've watched virtually every Nice game featuring Mendy then?

He's a premier league winner so he's proven quality? Ben Hamer is too then let's list all other shit players to win the league too lollollol it doesn't make them premier league quality.

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He's a premier league winner so he's proven quality? Ben Hamer is too then let's list all other shit players to win the league too lollollol it doesn't make them premier league quality.

You're banging your head against a brick wall. There are some fans who will blindly worship Andy King regardless of facts, it's like a cult mentality and happens with almost every player that comes out of the academy to the first team.

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ben Hamer isn't a Premier League winner. Nice to see you not letting facts get in the way of objectivity lol

Archived