Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

League one, Championship. Wow. I'm talking about challenging for Premierhsip titles, top four finishes, Europa league winning league or FA cups. Come on he's not good enough for people's ambitions on here or the club's. What happens if Silva and Glyfi come in? Let's just say they have.

Ndidi, Drinkwater, Silva, Mendy(probably leave), James would all be ahead of Andy King? See the way this is going? Is he good enough to keep any of them fully fit out the side on a regular basis? No. 

I'm not saying that he's definitely good enough to be playing week in week out at this level but absolutely nobody can deny that, when we've called upon him, he's done a good job. Surely not?

One thing that definitely does go under the radar when it comes to King is that he never sulks, is always fit and ready to go, is good mates with everyone at the club and always tries his best. He's happy to not be playing every single week so what's the hurry to get rid?

Guest Cujek
2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not saying that he's definitely good enough to be playing week in week out at this level but absolutely nobody can deny that, when we've called upon him, he's done a good job. Surely not?

One thing that definitely does go under the radar when it comes to King is that he never sulks, is always fit and ready to go, is good mates with everyone at the club and always tries his best. He's happy to not be playing every single week so what's the hurry to get rid?

Getting rid of a player just so he can't play for us, when he is happy with the role he has, seems daft.

45 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

You just defeated your own argument if we are always trying to replace him but never have.... what does that tell you? 

He was a sub mainly in the Chamionship winning side behind Drinks and Jaymo.

For me that makes sense as that is his level. He has come in and done well, and other times not so well as a stop gap. 

This last season he and Amartey were massively out of their depth in centre midfield which I believe contributed to a lot of our problems.

He is not up to the level of being a first choice PL midfielder. 

Btw, what's the news about Slimani? 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Agree with this yeah but the club have set themself standards they want to be hitting season in season out if we want to hit them people need to realise he's not that standard surely? Anyway the original point was our fanbase are few and far between rating players, it seems to be liked here you either have to be here for a long time or run around like a cvnt. If your lazy and only score goals - get rid lol

25 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

One of our highest capped players ever

50 goals

over 300 appearances 

played a major role in a team that won the premier league 

But he's rubbish?

Have a word with yourselves. 

He plays for Wales

50 goals in 300 is 1 in 6 BUT

He scored around 1 in 4 in the lower leagues.

He's scored 1 in 12 in the Premier.

It's not a case of whether he's rubbish or not, he isn't good enough if we want a top 8 finish.

I don't believe anyone else has ever tried to sign him.

He's played by a number of managers because we don't have better options, well now we have the money and he should be moved on if we want to be up with big boys.

10 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He was a sub mainly in the Chamionship winning side behind Drinks and Jaymo.

For me that makes sense as that is his level. He has come in and done well, and other times not so well as a stop gap. 

This last season he and Amartey were massively out of their depth in centre midfield which I believe contributed to a lot of our problems.

He is not up to the level of being a first choice PL midfielder. 

Btw, what's the news about Slimani? 

Paper talk 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fantastic! :thumbup:

I find your dislike of him a bit baffling, I think you're usually quite measured about people. Do you think he's got nothing to offer at all? I look at his goal rate, assists etc and it seems clear he's got something to offer. I'm happy to concede there are questions about how he fits into our style, his relationship with other team mates seems off at times. But things happen when he's on the pitch more often that not.

I was highly critical at the start as his touch was terrible and so much stuff broke down around him. But It thought that really improved the more he played.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I find your dislike of him a bit baffling, I think you're usually quite measured about people. Do you think he's got nothing to offer at all? I look at his goal rate, assists etc and it seems clear he's got something to offer. I'm happy to concede there are questions about how he fits into our style, his relationship with other team mates seems off at times. But things happen when he's on the pitch more often that not.

I don't think he has that much to offer tbh, I find him very frustrating to watch, as you've said question how he fits it, relationship with other players (which I can only see getting worse if/when Mahrez leaves) and I know it's not my money and it shouldn't bother me and it's not his fault but £30m, he's never a £30m player, not even in the current market, we had our pants down.

As always if he is here next season, plays well, is successful I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong, I've done it in the past.

Just now, Matt said:

I don't think he has that much to offer tbh, I find him very frustrating to watch, as you've said question how he fits it, relationship with other players (which I can only see getting worse if/when Mahrez leaves) and I know it's not my money and it shouldn't bother me and it's not his fault but £30m, he's never a £30m player, not even in the current market, we had our pants down.

Totally agree! 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Which backs my thoughts up that Slimani was a panic buy.

When you read between the lines of what went on it was pretty obvious. It was widely reported he had a release clause lower than what we paid but that lapsed. It was only later on we went back and paid even more once Walsh had gone.

It's clear we're using an old list of names, without ever considering if they are now where we are. Wague a case in point, scouted years ago... his career goes nowhere we improve drastically, but we go back for the bloke.

Would be annoyed if we sell him after a disrupted season. I want to see him with a pre-season, no AFCON and injuries, and of course in a team that actually likes their manager. If we move Slim on and keep Ulloa I will wonder what is happening. 

I was one of the "get rid  now" squad, but on reflection, I'd like to see how he performs in a pre season before we throw him away, his movement (or lack of it) suggests he may have been carrying an injury from early days after his transfer right through to the end of season.

14 hours ago, Happy Fox said:
Replying to @adampf_

Can see Zieler, Musa, Mendy, Slimani and maybe Kapustka going - which underlines how bad last summer really was

Yeah that was a bad summer transfer window.  At least this one is looking good. Tbf Slimani has been way better than the rest but that's not saying much. Zieler was always a surprising one. With his experience really thought he would be better. Mendy needs a ankle transplant but can't blame him for that. Musa and Kapi seem to be very bad buys.  Ultimately that right there is why Ranieri went. You can get away with one or 2 duds out of 5 signings if the others are fantastic but 3/4/all of them. It's arivederci at any club

Archived