Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

You're banging your head against a brick wall. There are some fans who will blindly worship Andy King regardless of facts, it's like a cult mentality and happens with almost every player that comes out of the academy to the first team.

Facts? I've just given an objective point of view using a fact. Ashley couldn't do that? It's more than some people want to blindingly slag him off despite the facts.

As I've said a hundred times, can we improve on Andy King? Of course. Is he an able 4th choice? Of course.

•  

I like Slimani and if he gets enough game time and stays relatively injury free should be able to net 12-15 goals in the league ... not that big of an ask.

Last season in the league we scored 48 and conceded 63 , in the title winning season we scored 68 and only conceded 36.

So its obvious the priority should be to improve the defence.

50+ goals should easily give a top half finish even with a leaky defence.

Vardy , Slimani and A.N Other with the odd goal from elsewhere should get us past the 50 mark.

36 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

lollollol No he isn't. Go look it up. He doesn't have a Premier League winners medal.

Ffs, you're even arguing with basic facts. Utterly pointless

Andy King isn't proven Premier League quality just because he has a winners medal - You lost all credibility there. Utterly pointless aruging with you over it. 

27 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Andy King is crap

Hey!  That's not fair!  Just because LCFC has now passed his level of ability doesn't mean he's useless, it's just he'd probably be better off somewhere else (@~Championship level) if he wants to play in a first team every week.

34 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Andy King isn't proven Premier League quality just because he has a winners medal - You lost all credibility there. Utterly pointless aruging with you over it. 

Ok. By definition, he won a Premier League title playing 25 games. Doesn't mean he's top class but clearly capable of playing in this league. Pretty loose arguement but I was simply trying to present the facts. There's a stronger arguement for him being PL quality than not.

As for the credibility snipe, I've kept all mine. You said Ben Hamer was a PL winner when he isn't?! A point you brought up and a point that was factually incorrect lol. Perhaps you'd like me to send you the dictionary definition of credibility since I'm not sure you know what it means? You also didn't even bother to repsond to the point about watching Mendy who is, based on the facts of appearances/squad selection (even when fit) behind Andy King?

I will agree that this is pointless. Not because we have a difference of opinion (that's the point of a forum) but because you a making up facts and denying others.

10 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Ok. By definition, he won a Premier League title playing 25 games. Doesn't mean he's top class but clearly capable of playing in this league. Pretty loose arguement but I was simply trying to present the facts. There's a stronger arguement for him being PL quality than not.

As for the credibility snipe, I've kept all mine. You said Ben Hamer was a PL winner when he isn't?! A point you brought up and a point that was factually incorrect lol. Perhaps you'd like me to send you the dictionary definition of credibility since I'm not sure you know what it means? You also didn't even bother to repsond to the point about watching Mendy who is, based on the facts of appearances/squad selection (even when fit) behind Andy King?

I will agree that this is pointless. Not because we have a difference of opinion (that's the point of a forum) but because you a making up facts and denying others.

Andy King is a winner because we had no one else how do you not get that? Inler wasn't capable in the League and James was injured we seriously lacked depth in that area. 

You did lose all credibility claiming King was Premier League quality just because of the winners medal, let's look how many players have won the league and are absoulete dog shit again it doesn't make the Premier League quality does it? As for Mendy I did watch him in a Nice side. Set up in a 4-1-2-1-2, possession based high aggression closing down style he was good. We seen abit of his quality against Arsenal until he went off.

But yeah he would be fifth or sixth choice wouldn't he? Not good enough to take us forward I mean come on he was dominated in the two games v Derby last Season he should be controlling them kind of games to be considered as Premier League quality. 

Anyway back to the original point, our fans are few and far between in terms of players. Back to Slimani his goals and assists to games ratio is good considering he was out for the majority of the Season and went to the AFCON, no? You have to look back in the past to see the likes of Yakubu slated because he was lazy and didn't run around like a cvnt yet he scored goals and had a record around 1 in 2 if not better? 

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I fear it is pointless. There are many who don't respect the role that King has played at the club, that he has never moaned about not being a constant first teamer, that every time he's been called into the side he's given his all. That he was crucial in getting us out of League one and that he's consistently no worse than anyone else, When we are having a bad patch.

Some of the same people who would rave about Slimani, for instance, who has done very very little since joining us, would go on to call King 'crap'

I'm not surprised, it's a sign of the times and a feature of the forum.

Don't waste your time mate. As you know, I've always thought King to be only an average player in the Prem. That don't mean i don't see him as a City legend (I do).

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Andy King is a winner because we had no one else how do you not get that? Inler wasn't capable in the League and James was injured we seriously lacked depth in that area. 

You did lose all credibility claiming King was Premier League quality just because of the winners medal, let's look how many players have won the league and are absoulete dog shit again it doesn't make the Premier League quality does it? As for Mendy I did watch him in a Nice side. Set up in a 4-1-2-1-2, possession based high aggression closing down style he was good. We seen abit of his quality against Arsenal until he went off.

But yeah he would be fifth or sixth choice wouldn't he? Not good enough to take us forward I mean come on he was dominated in the two games v Derby last Season he should be controlling them kind of games to be considered as Premier League quality. 

Anyway back to the original point, our fans are few and far between in terms of players. Back to Slimani his goals and assists to games ratio is good considering he was out for the majority of the Season and went to the AFCON, no? You have to look back in the past to see the likes of Yakubu slated because he was lazy and didn't run around like a cvnt yet he scored goals and had a record around 1 in 2 if not better? 

We did have other players? You've just mentioned him. King was ahead of Inler, a top player in Europe for near 10 years? Doesn't mean we don't need to improve on King but I value his contribution to the team on and off the pitch to be a squad player.

Again, you don't know your facts and you're arguing with the facts, so I don't get your point about credibility. I was trying to remove the subjectivity. Can't think of many players who played 25 games to win the title and are awful. Some may have regressed since then but King hasn't. Thanks for at least answering the Mendy question.

Everyone was shite in the 1st game and he scored in the second? So again, clearly not dominated. I get it, you hate Andy King.

58 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I fear it is pointless. There are many who don't respect the role that King has played at the club, that he has never moaned about not being a constant first teamer, that every time he's been called into the side he's given his all. That he was crucial in getting us out of League one and that he's consistently no worse than anyone else, When we are having a bad patch.

Some of the same people who would rave about Slimani, for instance, who has done very very little since joining us, would go on to call King 'crap'

I'm not surprised, it's a sign of the times and a feature of the forum.

Don't waste your time mate. As you know, I've always thought King to be only an average player in the Prem. That don't mean i don't see him as a City legend (I do).

And that's fine Col. I totally get why people don't see him as good enough for this level but at least you show him the respects he deserves. Look at his record in the Championship and you still had people saying he's not good enough for that level. Ridiculous.

And I agree with him being average. I guess my thing is that he plays at the level of the team. So if you are doing well, he slots in nicely. If you're playing poorly, he doesn't affect the game enough. And that's his problem. It's why I don't think he'll be replaced for a while yet.

So for me, when you factor in that he counts to a home grown quota for Europe and is clearly valued behind the scenes, I see him as an important member of the squad but not necessarily the first team.

43 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

We did have other players? You've just mentioned him. King was ahead of Inler, a top player in Europe for near 10 years? Doesn't mean we don't need to improve on King but I value his contribution to the team on and off the pitch to be a squad player.

Again, you don't know your facts and you're arguing with the facts, so I don't get your point about credibility. I was trying to remove the subjectivity. Can't think of many players who played 25 games to win the title and are awful. Some may have regressed since then but King hasn't. Thanks for at least answering the Mendy question.

Everyone was shite in the 1st game and he scored in the second? So again, clearly not dominated. I get it, you hate Andy King.

I don't hate Andy King, he just isn't good enough to take us forward for sustained success which are fan base want. How can you not see he would be well down the pecking order? 

Ndidi Drinkwater(first choice)

Mendy, James hey even Amartey then King. So what fifth choice centre midfielder? It's not about hating him like I said I admire his service let him be ball boy or water boy/birch under study but if you want trophies, European football he isn't good enough. 

On 2017-6-25 at 15:11, Ashley said:

I don't hate Andy King, he just isn't good enough to take us forward for sustained success which are fan base want. How can you not see he would be well down the pecking order? 

Ndidi Drinkwater(first choice)

Mendy, James hey even Amartey then King. So what fifth choice centre midfielder? It's not about hating him like I said I admire his service let him be ball boy or water boy/birch under study but if you want trophies, European football he isn't good enough. 

I've heard time and again that King "isn't good enough" for this and that.

Yet he's our top scorer from central midfield, helped us win the Division One title, reach the Championship play-offs, win the Championship title after that by a distance, was excellent during the great escape in our first Premiership season, played his part in winning The Premiership for the first time in our history and by a distance and also did his bit n our first Champions League season and attaining c creditable mid-table finish, given the circumstances.

Oh yes, and he's played for what is generally regarded as a pretty successful period for the Welsh. To say he's not Premiership standard is nonsense and, even now, there is no-one who's as quick and competent when passing the ball short which is something we've desperately needed at times.

Overall the achievements on his CV are awesome and, indeed, among the very best in my 60 years plus as a fan.

That's not to say I see him as a first choice any longer. 

While he's still perfectly capable of playing a part in our Premiership squad as a reliable substitute, the club is now setting the bar higher than ever before and I don't see King as being mobile enough or threatening enough to be a first choice central midfielder any more, particularly because his goals threat's gone and he's more one-paced than even before, and he was never quick.

We need an outstanding number 10 and one or two more in the same bracket to relaunch our European and title threat but there's no reason King can't remain a squad player with our current personnel. If we get better people in that situation might change. The remaining thing about King is that he's not a boat rocker like some others we've signed relatively recently. He's a team man through and through.           

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I've heard time and again that King "isn't good enough" for this and that.

Yet he's our top scorer from central midfield, helped us win the Division One title, reach the Championship play-offs, win the Championship title after that by a distance, was excellent during the great escape in our first Premiership season, played his part in winning The Premiership for the first time in our history and by a distance and also did his bit n our first Champions League season and attaining c creditable mid-table finish, given the circumstances.

Oh yes, and he's played for what is generally regarded as a pretty successful period for the Welsh. To say he's not Premiership standard is nonsense and, even now, there is no-one who's as quick and competent when passing the ball short which is something we've desperately needed at times.

Overall the achievements on his CV are awesome and, indeed, among the very best in my 60 years plus as a fan.

That's not to say I see him as a first choice any longer. 

While he's still perfectly capable of playing a part in our Premiership squad as a reliable substitute, the club is now setting the bar higher than ever before and I don't see King as being mobile enough or threatening enough to be a first choice central midfielder any more, particularly because his goals threat's gone and he's more one-paced than even before, and he was never quick.

We need an outstanding number 10 and one or two more in the same bracket to relaunch our European and title threat but there's no reason King can't remain a squad player with our current personnel. If we get better people in that situation might change. The remaining thing about King is that he's not a boat rocker like some others we've signed relatively recently. He's a team man through and through.           

Absolutely agree, he's Leicester through and through, will still do a job when required, and is deserving of far more credit and slack than he is given by a lot on this forum.

Archived