Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

On 25/06/2017 at 05:25, Ashley said:

Andy King is a winner because we had no one else how do you not get that? Inler wasn't capable in the League and James was injured we seriously lacked depth in that area. 

You did lose all credibility claiming King was Premier League quality just because of the winners medal, let's look how many players have won the league and are absoulete dog shit again it doesn't make the Premier League quality does it? As for Mendy I did watch him in a Nice side. Set up in a 4-1-2-1-2, possession based high aggression closing down style he was good. We seen abit of his quality against Arsenal until he went off.

But yeah he would be fifth or sixth choice wouldn't he? Not good enough to take us forward I mean come on he was dominated in the two games v Derby last Season he should be controlling them kind of games to be considered as Premier League quality. 

Anyway back to the original point, our fans are few and far between in terms of players. Back to Slimani his goals and assists to games ratio is good considering he was out for the majority of the Season and went to the AFCON, no? You have to look back in the past to see the likes of Yakubu slated because he was lazy and didn't run around like a cvnt yet he scored goals and had a record around 1 in 2 if not better? 

Youve nullified you're own case in this argument with this post. Saying we didn't have anyone else so had to play King, in 25 games... and still won the league by 10 points. So he had a hand in over half of our games, he can't have been that bad for the team to do so well with him playing in a vital position. He does his job and he does it well. He looks the same at whatever level he plays at. Maybe he isn't a Top 6 player, maybe not even a top half player. However he's definitely got enough quality to play in the premier league. Being good to step in to a thinned out match day squad and do the job makes you a premier league player too. 

Anyway back to Slim, I think he'll do well next season. With Mahrez potentially on his way, that'll mean more crosses coming in from that side as well as Albrightons, which should see Slimani prosper. 

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Youve nullified you're own case in this argument with this post. Saying we didn't have anyone else so had to play King, in 25 games... and still won the league by 10 points. So he had a hand in over half of our games, he can't have been that bad for the team to do so well with him playing in a vital position. He does his job and he does it well. He looks the same at whatever level he plays at. Maybe he isn't a Top 6 player, maybe not even a top half player. However he's definitely got enough quality to play in the premier league. Being good to step in to a thinned out match day squad and do the job makes you a premier league player too. 

Anyway back to Slim, I think he'll do well next season. With Mahrez potentially on his way, that'll mean more crosses coming in from that side as well as Albrightons, which should see Slimani prosper. 

Not really nullified it have i? A fit matty James would have been ahead of him. Inler played what 4 times if that. I've said before I like King for his loyalty but he's not good enough for where we want to be heading. 

On 25/06/2017 at 15:11, Ashley said:

I don't hate Andy King, he just isn't good enough to take us forward for sustained success which are fan base want. How can you not see he would be well down the pecking order? 

Ndidi Drinkwater(first choice)

Mendy, James hey even Amartey then King. So what fifth choice centre midfielder? It's not about hating him like I said I admire his service let him be ball boy or water boy/birch under study but if you want trophies, European football he isn't good enough. 

IMG_6454.JPG

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Not really nullified it have i? A fit matty James would have been ahead of him. Inler played what 4 times if that. I've said before I like King for his loyalty but he's not good enough for where we want to be heading. 

Strange - all sorts have supposedly been "ahead of him" but successive managers turn to King time and again. James hasn't been fit. Mendy never really has been fit over here and Inler didn't fit.  Kingy just clocked up the appearances, knocked in his 50-odd goals and won things time and again.   

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Strange - all sorts have supposedly been "ahead of him" but successive managers turn to King time and again. James hasn't been fit. Mendy never really has been fit over here and Inler didn't fit.  Kingy just clocked up the appearances, knocked in his 50-odd goals and won things time and again.   

A fit James or Mendy would be ahead of him come on Thrac. I like the bloke but if people on here sustained success and channelling for Europe he isn't good enough let's be honest. What happens should we signed Silva and Glyfi? Another two who can play CM or CAM. He falls down the 'pecking order' no? 

Nicky Butt was 4th choice CM for Man Utd when they won the league in 2000/01 does that make him crap as well?

King played a major role when we won the league and to even suggest he is not premier league standard is totally rubbish.

Facts are facts every league he's played in every manager turns to him at some point. 

Trouble with King is people who don't understand football do not see his work rate off the ball and the shifts he puts in.

Winning football matches is not all about what you do with the ball it's what you also do without it as well.

Legend. 

There is no way King would start for anyone but relegation fodder. There is a big difference in being a quality starter and being someone who just fills a gap now and again. Or who comes in when we're playing badly and the manager is trying anything they can.

He wasn't first choice in the championship, let alone the premier league. If he was judged the same as new signings like Slimani etc, then he'd have been laughed out the door. I can bare him as a 4th choice but nothing more, the same goes for all out our managers as well because we're constantly trying to find a good player to replace him in the squad. If we'd not bought crocks or players of debatable qualities, he'd have been out of the match day squad some time ago.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is no way King would start for anyone but relegation fodder. There is a big difference in being a quality starter and being someone who just fills a gap now and again. Or who comes in when we're playing badly and the manager is trying anything they can.

He wasn't first choice in the championship, let alone the premier league. If he was judged the same as new signings like Slimani etc, then he'd have been laughed out the door. I can bare him as a 4th choice but nothing more, the same goes for all out our managers as well because we're constantly trying to find a good player to replace him in the squad. If we'd not bought crocks or players of debatable qualities, he'd have been out of the match day squad some time ago.

You just defeated your own argument if we are always trying to replace him but never have.... what does that tell you? 

Just now, themightyfin said:

You just defeated your own argument if we are always trying to replace him but never have.... what does that tell you? 

That our recruitment in that area has been hit and miss and we've signed crocks? It's also difficult to get someone to sit on their arse and be fourth choice unless you're bringing through youngsters.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

That our recruitment in that area has been hit and miss and we've signed crocks? It's also difficult to get someone to sit on their arse and be fourth choice unless you're bringing through youngsters.

Or maybe....just maybe we have never found anyone to give us what King does? 

Not sure why I feel the need to defend Andy King in a Slimani thread but here goes:

Not everyone in the squad needs to be of starting quality. We don't need 23 players who all want to start. You need role players who are happy to come off of the bench and do a job, and Andy King can do just that. Remember Atletico Madrid away? He came in, and helped solidify our defense. 

He also is a veteran, and a leader. Do I want to have him start 38 premier league games, no, but i have no issue if Shakey wants to bring him off of the bench to help us hold onto a 1-0 lead late in the match.

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

One of our highest capped players ever

50 goals

over 300 appearances 

played a major role in a team that won the premier league 

But he's rubbish?

Have a word with yourselves. 

There is no loyalty in football, and Rooney is the perfect example for that. 

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How is it not?

League one, Championship. Wow. I'm talking about challenging for Premierhsip titles, top four finishes, Europa league winning league or FA cups. Come on he's not good enough for people's ambitions on here or the club's. What happens if Silva and Glyfi come in? Let's just say they have.

Ndidi, Drinkwater, Silva, Mendy(probably leave), James would all be ahead of Andy King? See the way this is going? Is he good enough to keep any of them fully fit out the side on a regular basis? No. 

Archived