Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

22 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I think Slimani was brought in to keep Mahrez happy, they are clearly mates. 

With Mahrez going, more than likely Slimani will leave too. 

Owners have demonstrated some confidence in Shakey, buying in before selling. 

greeting namesake - now, calm down: Mahrez ain't going nowhere. And similarly slimani ain't going nowhere.

The mahrez situation was precipitated by a massive miscalculation n by his agent as the arse used the possibility of buying mahrez to flush out the other targets... leaving mahrez with his tail between his legs.  IMO he needs the psychologist to help get his game sorted out (...he is over wanting to make and impact... etc etc)... and he will need help to set this aside and fight for his place in our team

Slimani too has a choice.... he can go  off to another club and obscurity - or he can work hard to establish himself in the prem.  TO to this he need to develop some skills and some muscle.  I hope his does so - oif he flounces off he will be a long time retired telling his kids how he waled out on the biggest opportunity in football.

It’s the attitude that’s my issue... the only way you can have an attitude like his and get away with it is if you’re Zlatan... not some bloke from Algeria who had a couple of good seasons in the Portuguese league and can head a ball...

7 hours ago, dayday said:

It's his overall game that lets him down, as mentioned if we sign Iheanacho he won't be getting much game time, I would cash in now .

IDK, I think Slim may be able to play with Vardy and Nacho. Nacho can play as a 10. Vardy and Slim fwd, Nacho as a 10 flanked by Gray and Albrighton, with Ndidi/DD in as the second MF line, backed by Maguire, Huth, and I'm still holding out hope for Gibson, though we can certainly find another quality CB, even if we have to go a bit older.

Or in the 4-4-2, we let it be a 4-3-1-2, with Nacho the 1. Certainly we can try it with Nacho as the secondary striker, play have Gray and Albrighton flank Ndidi and DD, that would have a good bit of balance. But Shaky likes a lot of forwards, he'll want a quality rotation of them up front. Honestly, I think some games it would be better to start Slim and Nacho and leave Vardy on the bench, certain teams are terrific at taking his speed away, and I like the idea of Gray-Nacho-Slim up front, if we can get the ball fwd to them regularly, they will score goals.

Though if I'm honest, the rumbling we were looking to sign Ulloa, he and Slim are pretty similar with their games. Felt like the only reason we would look to sign Ulloa would be to move Slim.

Why does everyone think Nacho is going to play every single game? He's not. We'll need various types of players to break down stubborn defences, we'll also need someone who can manage to head the ball. Slims is not surplus to requirement just because Nacho is coming in.

If Mahrez is here for another season, so is Slim.

4 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Why does everyone think Nacho is going to play every single game? He's not. We'll need various types of players to break down stubborn defences, we'll also need someone who can manage to head the ball. Slims is not surplus to requirement just because Nacho is coming in.

If Mahrez is here for another season, so is Slim.

Vardy, Iheanacho and Slimani are healthy options to have. They all offer something different which is important. 

The only question I have surround Slimani is his role in the dressing room and if he causes divisions.

On the pitch, he has done a really good job for us when you consider it was his first season in UK, our shite season, a fractured campaign due to injury and being restricted to bench cameos.

He is a better option than Ulloa and Okazaki. They should be moved on before Slim. His price tag is irrelevant once he signs, he's a footballer like the rest of them so judge him on that and not a panic buy by Rudderlesskin

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It’s the attitude that’s my issue... the only way you can have an attitude like his and get away with it is if you’re Zlatan... not some bloke from Algeria who had a couple of good seasons in the Portuguese league and can head a ball...

Is his attitude even bad? I think people just dont know what his character is like, therefore think he has an attitude. Dont care if he throws his arms in the air, a few of our players do that and nobody moans. Guy just wants to score.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Is his attitude even bad? I think people just dont know what his character is like, therefore think he has an attitude. Dont care if he throws his arms in the air, a few of our players do that and nobody moans. Guy just wants to score.

Probably means his work rate, which lets face it , it's not the best.

Burnley and Porto he bust a gut the majority of his other games he was disinterested.

29 minutes ago, dayday said:

Probably means his work rate, which lets face it , it's not the best.

Burnley and Porto he bust a gut the majority of his other games he was disinterested.

I was always impressed with his work rate for a big bloke. I didn't notice that much of a difference in the other games but maybe it is linked to his injuries. Recurring problems have held people back before, particularly players like Slim that had pretty much 0 injuries in their career until now. I'm just taking a guess though.

Maybe we should have kept that psychologist if this is the case lol

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-to-send-islam-slimani-back-to-sporting-cp-4189287?utm_source=mediafed&utm_medium=rss-feed&utm_campaign=Feed-Latest+Articles+for+Leicester+City

Talks that we are planning on sending him back to sporting, don't understand this at all, he's out 2nd best striker after vardy and cost a hell of a lot of money to give up on. We had very little play making and chances created last season, its as simple as that, for Slim to score we need more creative players, providing opportunities to strike the ball.

8 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/leicester-to-send-islam-slimani-back-to-sporting-cp-4189287?utm_source=mediafed&utm_medium=rss-feed&utm_campaign=Feed-Latest+Articles+for+Leicester+City

Talks that we are planning on sending him back to sporting, don't understand this at all, he's out 2nd best striker after vardy and cost a hell of a lot of money to give up on. We had very little play making and chances created last season, its as simple as that, for Slim to score we need more creative players, providing opportunities to strike the ball.

Probably swap him for Silvalol. I agree though, if we did buy someone like Boudebouz he would create a helluva lot more chances for Slim, and who knows, he may have a great season. after all they still rave about him at Sporting.

34 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Balancing the books. He wants 1st team football, we don't want to pay the clause.

37 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

100% get this tbh - those in the know will confirm that he was not happy and barely integrated into the team ethic.

Secondly, having watched him his touch and movement are not that great and than less you cross the ball regularly he is no threat plus he and Vardy do not work for the ethos that Shakey will want to embed in the team ethos.

If we could get him off our books then i am sure he will be moved on and clearly the price was astronomically inflated and due to desperation we panicked. 

Personally I do not rate him and his attitude towards team mates was at best poor - be glad to see him moved on and bring in players who want to be here - for me I would have Leo every time over Slimani but its all about opinions!!

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Balancing the books. He wants 1st team football, we don't want to pay the clause.

this would make sense as we're apparently actively trying to get Ulloa to stay.

must be a very big clause though, any ideas how much he cost with and without this clause?

30 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

100% get this tbh - those in the know will confirm that he was not happy and barely integrated into the team ethic.

Secondly, having watched him his touch and movement are not that great and than less you cross the ball regularly he is no threat plus he and Vardy do not work for the ethos that Shakey will want to embed in the team ethos.

If we could get him off our books then i am sure he will be moved on and clearly the price was astronomically inflated and due to desperation we panicked. 

Personally I do not rate him and his attitude towards team mates was at best poor - be glad to see him moved on and bring in players who want to be here - for me I would have Leo every time over Slimani but its all about opinions!!

One thing is opinions, and everyone should respect each other opinions, but how in the hell can you rate Ulloa better than Slimani? Slimani was the striker with better goals per minute ratio, most chances created per minute too, in a team that played poorly all season long, and he did this, while having an injury that he didn't fully recover(it is widely known he was playing injured). His movement and touch here in Lisbon were good, and he played against good teams, and always shined, plus he was a work horse too. Also I don't get one thing, people are raving about Vardy, but he had a pretty shit season, why here on foxestalk people slate Slimani for no reason, and Vardy is the king?

6 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

One thing is opinions, and everyone should respect each other opinions, but how in the hell can you rate Ulloa better than Slimani?

In the 2nd striker position (the position we signed Slimani for): Ulloa > Slimani

Slimani is a better CF, but he doesn't have the attributes to play the CF role in our system.

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

One thing is opinions, and everyone should respect each other opinions, but how in the hell can you rate Ulloa better than Slimani? Slimani was the striker with better goals per minute ratio, most chances created per minute too, in a team that played poorly all season long, and he did this, while having an injury that he didn't fully recover(it is widely known he was playing injured). His movement and touch here in Lisbon were good, and he played against good teams, and always shined, plus he was a work horse too. And I don't get one thing, people are raving about Vardy, but he had a pretty shit season, why here on foxestalk people slate Slimani for no reason, and Vardy is the king?

How many times did you watch us play to assimilate a view on his performances?

Granted I saw little of him for SL but I can assure you that my views although they will not wholly agreed with by LCFC fans are also the views of certain staff internally. I watched him in the flesh last season in games, warm ups and at training and can assure you he has a way about him which did not reflect the traits you describe.

Hopefully you may see him back with you or in Portugal very soon as he very much did not buy into our club ethos.

In terms of Vardy I will not even waste my time justifying his iconic status - you must be slightly sheltered as he was one of the players who led us to be Champions in 15/16 but hey £30m having scored goals in a second rate league must make him a superstar!!..........not!!!

Archived