Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

6 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Yeah that was a bad summer transfer window.  At least this one is looking good. Tbf Slimani has been way better than the rest but that's not saying much. Zieler was always a surprising one. With his experience really thought he would be better. Mendy needs a ankle transplant but can't blame him for that. Musa and Kapi seem to be very bad buys.  Ultimately that right there is why Ranieri went. You can get away with one or 2 duds out of 5 signings if the others are fantastic but 3/4/all of them. It's arivederci at any club

We should keep slim. I do believe he has more to give us. But he does need game time. Yes Injuries didn't help him last season but when hd did play he looked dangerous. 

Still see him coming good. He'll score 12-14 goals and a handful of assists if he stays. Vardy is on for 20 for me, Okazaki 4-5 goals, Kelechi will bag 15 or so.  

I guess what I'm saying is that we could be scarily effective on the attack and I hope he's part of the party. 

I can imagine 65-70 goals this PL season for the side. 

2 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We should keep slim. I do believe he has more to give us. But he does need game time. Yes Injuries didn't help him last season but when hd did play he looked dangerous. 

I think so too. Just don't think he will play much unless Vardy/Iheanacho get injured. Slimani Okazaki Musa and Ulloa not getting in the side. When did we become so big :) ulloa will probably go but can't be that many teams in the league with that kind of depth. Struggling to think of any that could potentially have someone as good as Okazaki/slim as a 3rd/4th choice backup.

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Still see him coming good. He'll score 12-14 goals and a handful of assists if he stays. Vardy is on for 20 for me, Okazaki 4-5 goals, Kelechi will bag 15. 

I guess what I'm saying is that we could be scarily effective on the attack and I hope he's part of the party. 

If they all score that many we would probably be in top 4. Hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I think so too. Just don't think he will play much unless Vardy/Iheanacho get injured. Slimani Okazaki Musa and Ulloa not getting in the side. When did we become so big :) ulloa will probably go but can't be that many teams in the league with that kind of depth. Struggling to think of any that could potentially have someone as good as Okazaki/slim as a 3rd/4th choice backup.

Shakey might decide to rotate the squad. I personally don't think that would work. But some PL manager said do use this system 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

If they all score that many we would probably be in top 4. Hope you are right.

You'd think, but with 38 games in the season that's averaging about 2 goals a match - challenging for top 6!

I'd be in favour of keeping Slimani for the upcoming season at least.

Clutching at straws but he was our best signing of last summer just by goals to games ratio. When things were going pear shaped in the winter his goals were vital at the time. I like Ulloa but you wont get that goal return from him as you are likely to get from Slimani.

Should Mahrez go I'd say Slim will follow. Vardy and Albrighton looked and sounded displeased with him in the first half against Bournemouth so something might be up behind the scenes.

Last summers signings are about to achieve a notoriety only rivalled by the Peter Taylor era. Hate to say it but Slim will be viewed as a flop in later years although I would rate him as our best flop in my years watching Leicester.

I would call him a flop if he didnt score. I cant class him as a flop as he got goals and assists in a shit season for the team. He was also our biggest goal threat for most of it as Vardy was useless (due to service). 

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Still see him coming good. He'll score 12-14 goals and a handful of assists if he stays. Vardy is on for 20 for me, Okazaki 4-5 goals, Kelechi will bag 15 or so.  

Doubt Okazaki will play if we have those other 3 strikers. I'd have him on 1 goal going off his record.

44 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I would call him a flop if he didnt score. I cant class him as a flop as he got goals and assists in a shit season for the team. He was also our biggest goal threat for most of it as Vardy was useless (due to service). 

Due to service? He was missing 1on1's back then. Maybe the system Ranieri had made Vardy uncomfortable but the problem wasn't just the service, it was also Vardy. But how can anyone hate him? Managed to take a disgusting season into a decent season in a matter of weeks

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think it's a push to say all those players will each score the respective amounts you suggest. I think they'd get that over a full season if they were all playing very regularly, which can't happen. Hope I'm wrong and think all 4 are effective in their preferred styles of play. 

Those options available all season, last season and we would have been much more consistent in the league as well as achieving what we did in the CL. 

9 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I think it's a push to say all those players will each score the respective amounts you suggest. I think they'd get that over a full season if they were all playing very regularly, which can't happen. Hope I'm wrong and think all 4 are effective in their preferred styles of play. 

Those options available all season, last season and we would have been much more consistent in the league as well as achieving what we did in the CL. 

You're probably right. I guess I was originally including cup matches, but I really believe we will see a major uptick in goals scored.

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Maybe on FIFA career mode. 

I'd say you're right on Vardy,

Kalechi will get around 10 in his first season but with a decent amount of assists (probably for Vardy), 

Slimani will get around 4-5 with his playing time limited, 

Okazaki will be lucky to get 1 or 2 as he'd be playing even less. 

Around 55 total goal tally. 

The thing about Slim is that he had a very unlucky year. He struggled to heal up from that groin injury, sure, but he also hit a streak of black magic bad luck. I have never seen a quality striker just miss so many good opportunities. But that is the very nature of sport, even excellent players have streaks of good and bad form as well as good and bad luck. If he wasn't so massively unlucky, I think we all view him very differently. 

If I know anything from following sports, it is not to overreact to a small sample size. We have an SSS of Slim with a nagging groin injury, and he flubbed his lines a number of times. But that is an oversimplification of what actually occurred. Slim would come on as a substitute in games we were getting few-to-no shots on goal, and suddenly goal scoring opportunities would begin to occur. Personally, I am convinced this occurred because it was so easy to bottle up the LC attack by marking Mahrez with a second defender, leaving Leicester without a reliable way to get the ball to our forwards. But bring in Slim, and he has to be accounted for in a way that Shinji simply doesn't. Suddenly the defense is forced to spread out a bit more, leaving Mahrez a bit more room to move than before, giving Vardy a bit more room than before, giving Albrighton a real threat for his crosses, and then like magic, we had a balanced attack from minute 75 onward. One that looked like it could score goals. 

Funny thing about bad luck, it tends to even out. Slimani is a good player. Maybe he isn't great, but he can score 15 in the Prem next season easy. The guy scored 7 last season and he probably flubbed that many missing a ton of games and playing inconsistently. He is due for a run of good luck, bit of reversion to the mean and all that. Just the way luck works. I hope we let him get right with his account by letting him play some with Vardy and Iheanacho. I think we have a real attack in the works. I think we have better linkage going forward than last season, especially if we can still spend for Gibson or maybe a RB who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

There's a lot to look forward to with Slim staying on this squad, I think. 

I'm a big fan of Slim but not sure Shakey is as much of a fan.

I think a top two of Vardy and Slim with Kelechi just behind could be an

absolute goal machine with the right supply . In man power terms this would

only really work with a back three ........ interesting times.

12 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Clutching at straws but he was our best signing of last summer just by goals to games ratio. When things were going pear shaped in the winter his goals were vital at the time. I like Ulloa but you wont get that goal return from him as you are likely to get from Slimani.

Should Mahrez go I'd say Slim will follow. Vardy and Albrighton looked and sounded displeased with him in the first half against Bournemouth so something might be up behind the scenes.

Last summers signings are about to achieve a notoriety only rivalled by the Peter Taylor era. Hate to say it but Slim will be viewed as a flop in later years although I would rate him as our best flop in my years watching Leicester.

Only people that don't understand football will call him flop, with his goal per minutes played ratio, he is far from a flop. And he hardly played, so he can't be considered a flop for someone with some knowledge.

10 hours ago, vanity said:

The thing about Slim is that he had a very unlucky year. He struggled to heal up from that groin injury, sure, but he also hit a streak of black magic bad luck. I have never seen a quality striker just miss so many good opportunities. But that is the very nature of sport, even excellent players have streaks of good and bad form as well as good and bad luck. If he wasn't so massively unlucky, I think we all view him very differently. 

If I know anything from following sports, it is not to overreact to a small sample size. We have an SSS of Slim with a nagging groin injury, and he flubbed his lines a number of times. But that is an oversimplification of what actually occurred. Slim would come on as a substitute in games we were getting few-to-no shots on goal, and suddenly goal scoring opportunities would begin to occur. Personally, I am convinced this occurred because it was so easy to bottle up the LC attack by marking Mahrez with a second defender, leaving Leicester without a reliable way to get the ball to our forwards. But bring in Slim, and he has to be accounted for in a way that Shinji simply doesn't. Suddenly the defense is forced to spread out a bit more, leaving Mahrez a bit more room to move than before, giving Vardy a bit more room than before, giving Albrighton a real threat for his crosses, and then like magic, we had a balanced attack from minute 75 onward. One that looked like it could score goals. 

Funny thing about bad luck, it tends to even out. Slimani is a good player. Maybe he isn't great, but he can score 15 in the Prem next season easy. The guy scored 7 last season and he probably flubbed that many missing a ton of games and playing inconsistently. He is due for a run of good luck, bit of reversion to the mean and all that. Just the way luck works. I hope we let him get right with his account by letting him play some with Vardy and Iheanacho. I think we have a real attack in the works. I think we have better linkage going forward than last season, especially if we can still spend for Gibson or maybe a RB who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

There's a lot to look forward to with Slim staying on this squad, I think. 

He is great, just look at his numbers in Sporting. In a team playing his football style, and playing good football he will shine, not sure if at Leicester it will be the case, we will see. But if Iheanacho comes, it is becoming more apparent that Slimani has to leave for the sake of his career.

39 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

He is great, just look at his numbers in Sporting. In a team playing his football style, and playing good football he will shine, not sure if at Leicester it will be the case, we will see. But if Iheanacho comes, it is becoming more apparent that Slimani has to leave for the sake of his career.

It's his overall game that lets him down, as mentioned if we sign Iheanacho he won't be getting much game time, I would cash in now .

I personally would love Slimani to stay. He has been effective when needed, though not to the degree we wished, though the season was also a crappy one, so 10 goals isn't a bad return considering he didn't play all games due to injury.

Ulloa can leave. Don't see a point in keeping him since he hardly contributes.

Musa can be loaned out to another English team so he can get on his feet and adapt to the EPL. 

Okazaki hardly ever scores. Don't know if he can be classified as a striker TBH.

19 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I think Slimani was brought in to keep Mahrez happy, they are clearly mates. 

With Mahrez going, more than likely Slimani will leave too. 

Owners have demonstrated some confidence in Shakey, buying in before selling. 

Archived