Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rob1742

Deceased Armed Robbers Family Set Up Funding Page

This reminds me of my in-laws neighbour. her and her son got off their faces on drugs, the son accidentally shot hi 5 year old sister through the eye with a bow and arrow. There were no charges. The mum then set up a fundraising page to raise £1500 to take the girl to Legoland for a weekend.

I'm not sure whats the most shocking thing about the whole incident: 

That it happened in the first place,

that the child hasn't been taken away from them,

that they haven't been prosecuted for it,

or that they think that a weekend at legoland can cost £1500!!

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

For an armed robber's kids.

I don't care if it's for his kids, the stupid f*** should have thought about that before going out doing armed robbery. Once again it's left to others to bail out morons who make stupid choices.

I appreciate it's only going to be friends and family donating, and it's just a way of rallying together to help them. But it's more a general gripe that these things piss me off. Whether it's trying to raise 300k to send a kid to timbuktu for experimental treatment or bringing home some prat from abroad who went away without insurance.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

He clearly didn't think of his kids before carrying out a raid of the co-op so why should I or anybody else care for his kids? I feel for them as they had a moronic father but sadly it's not our job to bail them out.

This.

They'll be kids all the World suffering with far worse problems than this.

I'll donate to children in Mosul or Aleppo instead thanks. 

4 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

He clearly didn't think of his kids before carrying out a raid of the co-op so why should I or anybody else care for his kids? I feel for them as they had a moronic father but sadly it's not our job to bail them out.

Not so sure that's right, depends on his motives - was it poverty for his family that he was trying to solve, or was it an attitude of it's easier to steal than work? Did he have a drug debt to pay off? Impossible to know. I'm not defending what he's done in the slightest, however it's easy for everyone to just go with the negative line around it - and also read a generic simplistic line when it comes to incidents like this without knowing the true colour of a personal situation, also believing what people want to believe about something. Setting up a go-fund-me page afterwards seems just a remarkably niave play by the remaining family - or perhaps even a sign they are actually broke.

I don't think anyone in this world ever thinks when they are kids (apart from perhaps 0.1%) that they will end up robbing a shop with guns. The fact he died is a terrible part of all of this - because now there are children without a father - a family that won't be loved by a community for the way he died (and thus could all be pushed into the same direction) - the poor bloke who tackled him as well is now going to be having an awful time as he obviously had no intention to kill him. No winners out of this one at all.

It would be better to have a world where there was proper support for everyone pre these events happening, we all know people are different, some need more help than others, the problem is we are moving more and more towards iscolation, there is no support - it's a do or die world now.

Basically it's all such a shame - and while i personally wouldn't donate - his family shouldn't be hated because of his actions, have we learned nothing from recent history? Peace and love guys

4 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Basically it's all such a shame - and while i personally wouldn't donate - his family shouldn't be hated because of his actions, have we learned nothing from recent history? Peace and love guys.

Hated is a strong word, but why should I have anything other than disdain from this grief profiteering? That's precisely what this is, isn't it...the notion that everyone and anyone should stump up some money because something untoward has happened. Add to that the fact that this was a pre-meditated robbery (remember, this man ISN'T from Ashby, they had to plan to do it) and there is a suggestion that he and his gang are responsible for the rise in car thefts in the area...why shouldn't I look on that in a less than favourable light? What more should the community at large provide for this man?

Being brutally honest we will all contribute to the up bringing of these children that is how our society works. This is a sorry tale but this guy and this guy alone is responsible for abandoning his child/children without a father. He chose this violent path and sadly you lead a violent life you find violent things happen. An honest evenings night shift from an agency would have earned more than what he stood to gain from an armed Robbery on a Co-Op. We talk about this enough on the politics page but sometimes you have to take responsibility for your own actions and this individual was more than happy to live a life threatening and traumatising people who were just trying to earn money to look after their own loved ones lets not forget that. 

3 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Not so sure that's right, depends on his motives - was it poverty for his family that he was trying to solve, or was it an attitude of it's easier to steal than work? Did he have a drug debt to pay off? Impossible to know. I'm not defending what he's done in the slightest, however it's easy for everyone to just go with the negative line around it - and also read a generic simplistic line when it comes to incidents like this without knowing the true colour of a personal situation, also believing what people want to believe about something. Setting up a go-fund-me page afterwards seems just a remarkably niave play by the remaining family - or perhaps even a sign they are actually broke.

I don't think anyone in this world ever thinks when they are kids (apart from perhaps 0.1%) that they will end up robbing a shop with guns. The fact he died is a terrible part of all of this - because now there are children without a father - a family that won't be loved by a community for the way he died (and thus could all be pushed into the same direction) - the poor bloke who tackled him as well is now going to be having an awful time as he obviously had no intention to kill him. No winners out of this one at all.

It would be better to have a world where there was proper support for everyone pre these events happening, we all know people are different, some need more help than others, the problem is we are moving more and more towards iscolation, there is no support - it's a do or die world now.

Basically it's all such a shame - and while i personally wouldn't donate - his family shouldn't be hated because of his actions, have we learned nothing from recent history? Peace and love guys

Ok, take motives out of the equation, what he did was not exactly a good example to his children whether he had a "reason" to carry out a robbery or not. Personally, whether you have a debt, drug related or not, it's not an excuse to carry out a crime. It's unfortunate that his children now have to live a life without a father but he took that risk when carrying out the crime.

In an ideal world there would be support to help prevent crimes but most people that carry out these crimes don't actually believe they are doing anything wrong.

As for hating them - I don't hate someone I don't know. I pity his family. Have no feelings towards him as a person. I just don't believe in a family profiting from a crime, which is what the man commit prior to his death.

A cursory glance at the articles doing the circuit shows that he had a house, kids and was able to have a social life. All that doesn't suggest a gritty life on the never-never. He was a person who thought that robbing was a lucrative income and did so, why should the rest of the society then take more money out of their pockets to support the kids? Haven't they, tangentially, had enough from society?

I'm older than him, in gainful employment and I still live with my parents. I have no kids. Surely I am more deserving of the money? I'm trying to do things the right way, without thieving from people or spreading misery to further my lifestyle.

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Hated is a strong word, but why should I have anything other than disdain from this grief profiteering? That's precisely what this is, isn't it...the notion that everyone and anyone should stump up some money because something untoward has happened. Add to that the fact that this was a pre-meditated robbery (remember, this man ISN'T from Ashby, they had to plan to do it) and there is a suggestion that he and his gang are responsible for the rise in car thefts in the area...why shouldn't I look on that in a less than favourable light? What more should the community at large provide for this man?

Correct, hated was the wrong word to use in hindsight mate. I don't think the community should provide anything financially, but i do think that sometimes we're not all given all the facts and we're just sold events in the news to create distain, dislike - and recently i've shifted away from being like that, i'm more spiritual about things in all honesty - it's helped me personally that's all, i'm not having a go at anyone either - i understand why people get negative about it because it's a negative situation, but it's a fact negativity breeds negativity and can in a bigger picture only create more of these things happening.

1 minute ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Ok, take motives out of the equation, what he did was not exactly a good example to his children whether he had a "reason" to carry out a robbery or not. Personally, whether you have a debt, drug related or not, it's not an excuse to carry out a crime. It's unfortunate that his children now have to live a life without a father but he took that risk when carrying out the crime.

In an ideal world there would be support to help prevent crimes but most people that carry out these crimes don't actually believe they are doing anything wrong.

As for hating them - I don't hate someone I don't know. I pity his family. Have no feelings towards him as a person. I just don't believe in a family profiting from a crime, which is what the man commit prior to his death.

I don't think it should be an ideal world that has support out there, it's essential now, we all are very good at accepting that things are just pretty terrible, i personally don't want to accept that - i want things like this done in response to situations like this - when all we will get is the poor bloke who was doing his job in trying to stop him getting done for manslaughter, systems bad and just creates more and more problems like this, we don't learn as a society - we all just push away and get upset and offended. Once again hated was the wrong word, too strong.

If he's a serial criminal then it appears karma got him pretty good - unfortunatley for him.

Just now, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Correct, hated was the wrong word to use in hindsight mate. I don't think the community should provide anything financially, but i do think that sometimes we're not all given all the facts and we're just sold events in the news to create distain, dislike - and recently i've shifted away from being like that, i'm more spiritual about things in all honesty - it's helped me personally that's all, i'm not having a go at anyone either - i understand why people get negative about it because it's a negative situation, but it's a fact negativity breeds negativity and can in a bigger picture only create more of these things happening.

I do agree that negativity is a blight and curse in the media and beyond - it is a habit and people buy into negativity far easier than they do positivity. Try getting your workspace/team to repeat the mantra 'I will try to enjoy Mondays' and then try 'I can't wait for Monday to be over'. The negative will prevail.

With that in mind, the situation, factually, is that he was robbing a shop armed. He had intent to menace, if not harm. He was doing this miles from his house - this cannot have been a spur of the moment thing. He was doing this a man who, at least superficially, was having a reasonable life. He got caught and died. I can't see any real avenue for sympathy. I mean, I don't rejoice in the fact and I don't think that he deserves it, but I view this much in the way I view people who fall off of buildings climbing them illegally - you were asking for this one day.

Perhaps, instead of looking outward to the generosity of others, the family should be supporting from within. It isn't right to place a further burden on a society that have already supported them unwittingly.

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Dad being a cvnt is not the kids fault. I'd say if money went to the kids to help them then thats fine provided you are okay with donating to that cause. If not social assistance will help.

Nobody said it was the complete fault of the kids. With that in mind, though, if we are detaching the father from his family - aren't there more deserving children in society. Those that are orphaned or destitute. Why should society fork over money to 2 children who demonstrably have a family network and, for all I can see in print, have a place to live and a mother to care for them. Isn't that a bit rich to ask for money when they have so much more than others? It's entitled.

Archived