Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nugent

West Brom (Asia Trophy) match thread (July 19th)

I enjoyed that first half

WBA were going for it for the first 10mins, Maguire looked excellent! A real change to see one of our CBs bringing a ball down & passing it rather than just heading clear or hoofing it.

Then we got into the game & Mahrez was light-years ahead of everyone else - If he goes we will miss him. Slimani looked okay, had an unlucky bounce which bounced up & hit his knee when he was going to shoot.

I thought the 2nd half we were awful apart from Fuchs & Albrighton.

Almost every time we just hoofed the ball for Vardy to run onto, and the team didn't stick like the 1st half's

I'm an ABBA penalties convert now too

37 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I have no problem with the penalty rule changes but the reason behind the change is statistically 60% or something of shootout winners take the first penalty. So? Im sure over 65% of winners in games are the home team, does that mean we need to try and even it up by playing in neutral venues?

We play home & away, in the league & in europe

6 minutes ago, cc_star said:

We play home & away, in the league & in europe

Well yeah I take your point there it wasn't the best comparison, but just because a part of the game supposedly favours a certain team doesn't justify changing the rules

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Some people getting worked up about people getting worked up over comments in the match thread already. I dread the match threads come the new season... :ph34r:

Yes, I'm proper worked up. Open letter in the offing... 

Is it safe to say we are agreed that Mahrez is a reasonably good footy player ?

The one where he forced a save on the near post is typical noone in the crowd /tv/on pitch would have even considered it.Few blind alleys but sharp as a tack.(cliché time)

10 minutes ago, Argarath said:

Team against Liverpool (from what i saw today)

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Mcguire - Fuchs

Mahrez - Ndidi - Iborra - Allbrighton

Vardy - Slimani

Each to their own, but I'm absolutely baffled as to how Iborra gets the nod over James if you're going on today.

Just now, Argarath said:

It was a hard choice. I also think James was outstanding! :)

For me James was far more expansive and showed much more to his game. To be fair, Iborra was just asked to sit in front of the defence so didn't have the chance really like James. But his performance was far more functional. James showed the defensive side (as Iborra did), but his passing was outstanding. He did two or three passes over the top that were pretty much inch perfect, same with a few passes out wide. On top of that he really drove forward and backed Mahrez and made some room / passing opportunities for him.

Like I said, each to their own. It's all opinions. :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, Argarath said:

Team against Liverpool (from what i saw today)

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Mcguire - Fuchs

Mahrez - Ndidi - Iborra - Allbrighton

Vardy - Slimani

McGuire?  Is he the Scottish sibling of Maguire?

If we are serious about winning this, rather than another try out session, then based on today:

Schmeichel

Simpson Benalouane/Morgan Maguire Fuchs

Mahrez Ndidi James Albrighton

Vardy Slimani

Iborra and Chilwell should be in squad. Suspect Shinji too would act as impact and Grey if available. Think we showed today, we need a creative attacking central midfielder and someone like Iheanacho to play off Vardy. Was impressed by James.

Archived