Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Late Night Curry

I was in town last night about 12.30 and could not find an Indian Restaurant to finish off  the the night. Had the cabbie go down London  road the round Melton road. Nothing. We used to go to a place called salt on London Road its shut now not the greatest food but open late.

Anyway does anyone know anywhere round about Leicester that's open late.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

I was in town last night about 12.30 and could not find an Indian Restaurant to finish off  the the night. Had the cabbie go down London  road the round Melton road. Nothing. We used to go to a place called salt on London Road its shut now not the greatest food but open late.

Anyway does anyone know anywhere round about Leicester that's open late.

Namaste on Hinckley Road is supposedly open until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays but like a lot of these places you'd forgive them for shutting up early if there's nobody in

I left Leicester 24 years ago having got used to turning up at the curry house after "closing time", with at least a gallon of ale on board, accompanied by beery mates. We thought we were witty but we were probably just lairy and oafish. 

When I went elsewhere in the world, people looked at me as if I was bonkers when I suggested an end of night curry and they would respond that a curry was not a normal or appropriate thing for the end of an evening's drinking.

I've not had a curry after 9pm for years and years (probably on a visit back to Leicester). The most I can get away with these days is to suggest a few beers to wet the whistle before a curry.

I would be fascinated to find out that the way people do this in Leicester has changed.

Mem-Saab (Highcross)

Heritage India (Welford Road)

There's a few on Narborough Road that are still open after 22:00 and usually packed.

Melton Road used to be strong on this, but in recent times some decent ones that have been around for a while have closed down whilst some now have mixed reviews.

16 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mem-Saab (Highcross)

Heritage India (Welford Road)

There's a few on Narborough Road that are still open after 22:00 and usually packed.

Melton Road used to be strong on this, but in recent times some decent ones that have been around for a while have closed down whilst some now have mixed reviews.

Narborough Road ones shut at 23:00

Might be a generation thing. A curry now is more of a normal eating occasion, whereas years ago it was often something you decided to have around midnight after you had had a skin full. 

I recall those days well, several open taking your money after midnight. Just think those days have gone and everything has moved on. 

Going for a curry at 8.00pm years ago was quite rare in those days, just think it is changing times and attitudes. Happy times though 

The Koh-i-noor on Conduit street was one of the first Indian restaurants to serve into the early hours. Compulsory to be bladdered on entry & a huge culinary gamble but after several holstens in the bier Keller it was the bollox.

Menu - Main course

Chicken or meat curry

Chicken or meat madras

Chicken or meat vandaloo

That's it. Fill your boots.

10 hours ago, boots60 said:

The Koh-i-noor on Conduit street was one of the first Indian restaurants to serve into the early hours. Compulsory to be bladdered on entry & a huge culinary gamble but after several holstens in the bier Keller it was the bollox.

Menu - Main course

Chicken or meat curry

Chicken or meat madras

Chicken or meat vandaloo

That's it. Fill your boots.

lol

risked going in there a few times..

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

risked going in there a few times..

Football away day special ...   but even now I couldn't tell you what I ate, which is surprising as there was lots of it all over my shirt the next morning ...

Archived