Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

This upsets me more than N’Golo leaving last year. He never wanted to be a Leicester player. 

Danny has basically feigned injury and jumped ship. He’ll play for Chelsea because he’s better than most give him credit for and he’ll be a loss. He’s better than any of our remaining midfield players and than includes Silva if he arrives.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This upsets me more than N’Golo leaving last year. He never wanted to be a Leicester player. 

Danny has basically feigned injury and jumped ship. He’ll play for Chelsea because he’s better than most give him credit for and he’ll be a loss. He’s better than any of our remaining midfield players and than includes Silva if he arrives.

Kante was a much bigger loss, whether he wanted to be a Leicester player or not. Ndidi was much better than Drinkwater last season. And dismissing Silva out of hand before he's played is just plain silly. Not to mention Iborra. 

I'm sorry Drinkwater has gone too but let's get some perspective. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

He was awful last season (although admittedly most of the side were) can't believe Iborra and Silva (?) will perform that badly.

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Danny Drinkwater had several great seasons with us, never gave less than 100% and deserves his move. We made a tidy profit too, and he stands a better chance of making the World Cup. I hope he develops well at Chelsea. Cheers and thanks Danny! 

Does it improve his chances of world cup though? I can't see him breaking into Chelseas midfield. He's not going to be picked for England  sitting on the bench is he? 

Just now, hejammy said:

Does it improve his chances of world cup though? I can't see him breaking into Chelseas midfield. He's not going to be picked for England  sitting on the bench is he? 

Chelsea have a lot of Champions League games coming so will need squad rotation. He will get his chance, and we know his quality and how he works with Kante. He will get his chance and take it. 

11 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Chelsea have a lot of Champions League games coming so will need squad rotation. He will get his chance, and we know his quality and how he works with Kante. He will get his chance and take it. 

I just can't see it, even fabregas finds it difficult to get regular football in that midfield 

When you think back to last season even as a DD fanboy myself...he hardly played the ball forwardat one point, then struggled to keep the ball on the ground. Actually he was in such poor form Huth and Morgan would resort to route one.

Iborra and Silva play for possession ??

Archived