Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

Just now, Albert said:

Judas move for me....jumped ship at the first opportunity rather than sticking it out like Vards, Kasper & a few others have! Will always be remembered for being a major part of the Champions team but for me his reputation is tarnished now.

Maybe I'm being emotional but this has left a bitter taste 

This

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Judas move for me....jumped ship at the first opportunity rather than sticking it out like Vards, Kasper & a few others have! Will always be remembered for being a major part of the Champions team but for me his reputation is tarnished now.

Wouldn't the first opportunity have been after the title winning season? An England player who had just won the league, I'm sure he could have engineered a move if he so desired. Put the bottle down and go to bed.

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Will the others see it as that?

3 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

Wouldn't the first opportunity have been after the title winning season? An England player who had just won the league, I'm sure he could have engineered a move if he so desired. Put the bottle down and go to bed.

Nobody came in for him then though, as soon as he heard Chelsea had an interest he shat on  the Club and forced his hand. willy puller

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Will the others see it as that?

Handing the transfer request one day before the deadline was a bit of a dickmove and I'm not convinced by his "thigh strain" but all in all all the best for him. We move on and it doesn't seem like we lost in the matter. Silva in!

6 minutes ago, Albert said:

CL and the chance to reform his partnership with Kante. He's hitting his peak at 27. I can't blame him too much for going. I don't know how he went about it in full so hard to comment on that but it's a huge move for him that I struggle to begrudge.

Just now, wattolcfc said:

Nobody came in for him then though, as soon as he heard Chelsea had an interest he shat on  the Club and forced his hand. willy puller

It's a move that makes sense for him. Champions League football, reforming the ridiculous partnership with Kante, and gives him a better opportunity of being called up for England.

He's been a great servant to this club, and could easily have tried to force a move last summer. He stuck with us, and honourably so. Players, however, need to think about their own progression. I guess some of our fans struggle to see that, such is the agony of being a football fan!

Played last season when injured which tells you something about him.  Chelsea are a bigger club.  Can we really begrudge him this?

is Maguire a Judas for leaving Hull?  

Yes we can hold him to his contract if we really want.  No one sulks for 4 years.

Just now, halfpipe said:

NO! No one was in for him last season and he was rewarded a new contract on 80k a week before any bonuses! He's played a handful of minutes & was left out the Euro squad for England so he's not exactly an England player either. It's obvious the only reason Chelsea have come in for him is to fill their English quota and give them cover and that's what leaves a bitter taste for me as it's not a move for footballing reasons 

3 minutes ago, halfpipe said:

It's a move that makes sense for him. Champions League football, reforming the ridiculous partnership with Kante, and gives him a better opportunity of being called up for England.

He's been a great servant to this club, and could easily have tried to force a move last summer. He stuck with us, and honourably so. Players, however, need to think about their own progression. I guess some of our fans struggle to see that, such is the agony of being a football fan!

All the best Danny. 

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Played last season when injured which tells you something about him.  Chelsea are a bigger club.  Can we really begrudge him this?

is Maguire a Judas for leaving Hull?  

Yes we can hold him to his contract if we really want.  No one sulks for 4 years.

Played, injured or not, because 0 alternatives. Period. 

That said, it would be silly to begrudge him. He's gone anyway.

Never liked him, hate the way he's gone about this and who he's moved to but will forever love/respect him for his years here, standing with the fans at that away game and his role in the league win.

Apathy is what I'm feeling.

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

CL and the chance to reform his partnership with Kante. He's hitting his peak at 27. I can't blame him too much for going. I don't know how he went about it in full so hard to comment on that but it's a huge move for him that I struggle to begrudge.

You're making an assumption that Conte intends to play him alongside Kante in the same sort of role & formation as at Leicester. That was a unique set-up that worked perfectly for us. There are so many variables that could make it not work as well at Chelsea - for example if they play with 3 in midfield or, heaven forbid, if DD is not seen as first choice (which is likely). Many believe he was signed mainly so that Conte could bolster his squad with Brits, which implies he was bought more likely for the bench at best, rather than being on the teamsheet. Time will tell.

So this is probably a stupid, obvious question but if this isn't done by 1am is it over, not happening?

Whilst I like the idea of Silva and the situation with Drinkwater would be awkward it would be quite amusing.

Just now, Matt said:

So this is probably a stupid, obvious question but if this isn't done by 1am is it over, not happening?

Whilst I like the idea of Silva and the situation with Drinkwater would be awkward it would be quite amusing.

The extension is till 1am if it's not signed by then it's over 

12 minutes ago, Watson said:

I guarantee you now he'll just be a bit part player spending most of the time on the bench & will get binned off when Loftus Cheek goes back after his loan spell. 

At least he'll have a few extra £££ in this bank account though...

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

I guarantee you now he'll just be a bit part player spending most of the time on the bench & will get binned off when Loftus Cheek goes back after his loan spell. 

At least he'll have a few extra £££ in this bank account though...

Had there been any other close deals, that didn't materialise etc, that haven't been mentioned on here - from your sources?

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Had there been any other close deals, that didn't materialise etc, that hasn't been mentioned on here - from your sources?

No idea. Will find out in the coming days probably but it'll be irrelevant. We would of been in for lots like every other club 

Archived