Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Drinkwater

I still respect drinky for all he's done for us, he's been brilliant. But it has certainly left a sour taste in my mouth by the fact he threw his toys out the pram when the first bid was rejected.

Mahrez still gave his all for the club despite not getting his own way and would of expected Danny to do the same.

Can't see him getting much game time anyway but all the best Danny. A 'respectful' boo will be coming your way when we play chelski.

WYS

8 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Saw on twitter rising to £37m. Sad to see Danny leave but decent fee if true and hopefully a good replacement in Silva.

It's good business for Drinkwater considering his form for the last nine months. Lets hope his hip holds out and he's still capable at the highest level :whistle:

Lets hope Silva is all he's cracked up to be. 

It's a bitter taste how he threw his rattle out the pram to get his move especially when the opening bid was a paltry £15m. Like most love affairs though they rarely end amicably but we'll forgive him in time to a point just like we did Kante. It takes a shine of the legendary status though.

Let's be straight, we have had Chelsea's pants down on this deal good and proper.   35-40m for DD.... now that is funny, especially when we replace him with Silva at around 20m.  No wonder Chelsea fans are spitting feathers.  Can't blame them.  

Dragovic + Silva     Two quality additions. Just what the doctor ordered.

Silva/Iborra/Ndidi.  Tasty midfield that and finally some additions with technical ability to keep the fooking ball hopefully

lets not forget Iheanacho.  As good as a new signing today as hasn't really played

Can't understand why he'd want to push this deal through when it seems likely he'll be seen as little more than a ticked box for the English player quota but if he can force his way into their starting XI then more power to him, he's played his part in the greatest tale our club's told yet so as much as it ended on a bit of a blemish you can't begrudge the man too much.

Think we've done well out of this saga all told, a tidy little profit made and hopefully Silva can be a more than adequate replacement for his talents.  That said we've been a bit hit and miss with transfers in recently so I'm going to wait and see how he beds in before I declare the story an unmitigated success on our part.

Gutted. Think he'll pave the way now for others leaving. I don't understand why he would want Chelsea, if it were United I'd understand, but Chelsea are flailing already this season. Sinking ship, and he is just there to tick boxes. 

I guess Iborra and James/ N Didi will have to do. :ph34r:

Archived