Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

12 hours ago, marbles said:

No

You're pointing to one game, while somehow ignoring all the others

He said he hadn't put in a good performance in over a year..  I simply pointed out that wasn't true as he was MOTM in the last home match.

It wasn't rocket science

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

yes Brighton and one of the worst left backs we have seen come here in years, lets not get ahead of ourselves over Riyad's performances

Again, if someone says he hasn't played one single good match in over a year I'll simply point out it wasn't true...   nothing more

If anything he needs to be more 'tough' in his play.

Though, I'm starting to wonder whether most of the opposition have started to suss his tricks etc that have aided to his status as being very talented recently.

20 hours ago, the fox said:

What did riyad do for the team lately? 

What did gray  do for the team lately?

Ask yourself that and you will get the person who should start!

Him scoring against an U-23 side doesn't change much.

To be honest, benching Riyad wouldn't be the dumbest thing to do. In Algeria-Zambia, you could see he clearly had his mind elsewhere. I don't think he'll put in his best if he were to play on Saturday

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

To be honest, benching Riyad wouldn't be the dumbest thing to do. In Algeria-Zambia, you could see he clearly had his mind elsewhere. I don't think he'll put in his best if he were to play on Saturday

He wants to move so this is a great opportunity on Saturday to put in a stellar performance against the reigning champions. He'll play.

http://www.lebuteur.com/article/detail?titre=en-zetchi-sexprime-sur-laffaire-mahrez&id=70463

Algerian FA confirmed LCFC was aware and okay with Mahrez leaving international duty to sign. 

And Shakey complimented Mahrez's professionalism in training since his return

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11025480/riyad-mahrez-committed-to-leicester-says-craig-shakespeare

I guess this is settled then!

Mahrez had to knuckle down as normal at this time, as that's the only way for him to carry on developing even more.

He had a shot of going but the attempt failed.

He should use that frustration via 100% commitment for the team, and to respect his current contract.

Bench next game please.

I stuck up for him after the Arsenal game and thought he actually had an ok game. Today he was awful and I blame him more than Slimani for missing that chance.

Why, just why, oh why would you pass to Slimani and not Vardy?!

If Mahrez is back to those games again then bench, never to play for us again please.

Hey @Redouane maybe nationality has got something to do with it after all....

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bench next game please.

I stuck up for him after the Arsenal game and thought he actually had an ok game. Today he was awful and I blame him more than Slimani for missing that chance.

Why, just why, oh why would you pass to Slimani and not Vardy?!

If Mahrez is back to those games again then bench, never to play for us again please.

Hey @Redouane maybe nationality has got something to do with it after all....

You're joking right? Mahrez was the only dangerous element in the attack today. THREE beautiful chances created gone to waste (2 by Vardy and 1 by Slim). 

Vardy, other than the penalty had a terrible showing today. Slimani too.

Though, I was impressed by Mahrez's defensive and offensive contributions today. 

10 minutes ago, Redouane said:

You're joking right? Mahrez was the only dangerous element in the attack today. THREE beautiful chances created gone to waste (2 by Vardy and 1 by Slim). 

Though, I was impressed by Mahrez's defensive and offensive contributions today. 

??

Predictable :rolleyes: :yawn: ?

I praise where praise is due - The Arsenal game plenty of people slagged him off, I didn't, I didn't think he was that bad, I stuck up for him, I think he had a good game, however when he's poor I'll make it known, like any player. 

I'm all for people having different opinions and discussion but do you ever dismiss him?!

7 minutes ago, Redouane said:

he was dog shit 

stats dont lie, couldn't have miss controlled the ball more if he tried

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

??

Predictable :rolleyes: :yawn: ?

I praise where praise is due - The Arsenal game plenty of people slagged him off, I didn't, I didn't think he was that bad, I stuck up for him, I think he had a good game, however when he's poor I'll make it known, like any player. 

I'm all for people having different opinions and discussion but do you ever dismiss him?!

Yeah I dismissed him versus Arsenal lol

And I dismissed Slimani during this game

So where is the bias?

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Yeah I dismissed him versus Arsenal lol

And I dismissed Slimani during this game

So where is the bias?

Missed both of those points so apologies (in advance when I see it).

Refreshing to hear but like I said I've not seen it (my fault).

Edit:

Hmmm, your dismissals are quite quiet in comparison to how you stick up for either I must say.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Missed both of those points so apologies (in advance when I see it).

Refreshing to hear but like I said I've not seen it (my fault).

Edit:

Hmmm, your dismissals are quite quiet in comparison to how you stick up for either I must say.

Well obviously Mahrez is still one of my favorite players, but I still acknowledge when he has bad games or when he is at fault. I might be a fanboy, but i'm not a blinded fanboy. 

Vardy, another one of my favorite players. I never said a bad thing about him, but I acknowledge when he messes up (like today when he failed to capitalize on two nicely setup opportunities) 

What more do you want me to do? Insult his family? lol 

When those players come out ten want to win the game and one wants to look good so that someone (anyone!) will come in and buy him ...   That's why he will not put any effort into defending and chasing back.  What the silly sod doesn't seem to realise is that prospective buyers will look at the WHOLE game ...   and maybe that's why he's still here.  Him and Vardy are not the best of mates (imo) and this DEFINITELY affects his thinking when it comes to the final pass ..  (If he passes !!).   And what do the rest of the team think when one of their own would like to play with 'better' players around him.

No matter how good he is (and he is, on his day, very good) he will destabilise the team and have a negative influence ...    bench him before that influence affects players we REALLY don't want to lose.  Let him play if and when he gets his head sorted.   And I'm not saying Gray is the answer ..  He's getting the game time he's been whittling about ...    So put up or shut up.     Shakey needs to be very strong here. 

15 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Well obviously Mahrez is still one of my favorite players, but I still acknowledge when he has bad games or when he is at fault. I might be a fanboy, but i'm not a blinded fanboy. 

Vardy, another one of my favorite players. I never said a bad thing about him, but I acknowledge when he messes up (like today when he failed to capitalize on two nicely setup opportunities) 

What more do you want me to do? Insult his family? lol 

No compliments on Vardy chasing down everything (for the first half anyway) until he realises his efforts are wasted as the 2nd and 3rd men are always free.

As for Mahrez, he had a stinker. showed some defensive hunger in the 92nd minute chasing back, offensively gave the ball away, knocked of the ball to much and poo control, the 2 on 1 chance he should've pulled the defender out instead on running towards Vardy and thus created more space.

Done one good through ball, but lets be honest - no top team will be regretting not signing him based on today's performance

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No compliments on Vardy chasing down everything (for the first half anyway) until he realises his efforts are wasted as the 2nd and 3rd men are always free.

As for Mahrez, he had a stinker. showed some defensive hunger in the 92nd minute chasing back, offensively gave the ball away, knocked of the ball to much and poo control, the 2 on 1 chance he should've pulled the defender out instead on running towards Vardy and thus created more space.

Done one good through ball, but lets be honest - no top team will be regretting not signing him based on today's performance

I compliment Vardy all the time but I don't think he was a threat today. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he was lazy - I'm saying he wasn't much of a threat. 

Anyway we all interpret games differently. @Matt thought Mahrez was decent versus Arsenal, I thought he was terrible (for the first 60 minutes at least) 

Point is it wasn't individual performances that let us down. Chelsea was just the better team. 

Archived