Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think you're very good at reading. I was saying that the window is absurd, which it undoubtedly is.

I'm not really getting what you're saying, what has the transfer window got to do with Riyad?

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I'm not really getting what you're saying, what has the transfer window got to do with Riyad?

It forces players who want a move into doing things that they otherwise wouldn't do - because of the last-minute nature of it, and because of it coinciding with the international fixtures.

Basically, it is just a feeding frenzy for agents and the maggots in the press and, no doubt, the bookies too.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

It forces players who want a move into doing things that they otherwise wouldn't do - because of the last-minute nature of it, and because of it coinciding with the international fixtures.

Basically, it is just a feeding frenzy for agents and the maggots in the press and, no doubt, the bookies too.

I totally agree with a lot of that but in Riyads case I don't, the asking fee was £50 million, not one club came remotely close to that , it doesn't matter what he has tried to do our owners wasn't backing down.

To be fair to him though he has done alright the last 3 games, it what happens now I'm worried about, he hasn't got his move, will he sulk, disrupt the squad?, I just hope he is professional enough to carry on giving his all. 

Just now, dayday said:

I totally agree with a lot of that but in Riyads case I don't, the asking fee was £50 million, not one club came remotely close to that , it doesn't matter what he has tried to do our owners wasn't backing down.

To be fair to him though he has done alright the last 3 games, it what happens now I'm worried about, he hasn't got his move, will he sulk, disrupt the squad?, I just hope he is professional enough to carry on giving his all. 

Yes, I agree. He just was in a rather difficult position, some of in his control, some of it not. Our original point was about the tabloid, however. Let's say they're now right about him going to Manchester - for argument's sake - how much made-up crap did they publish before getting it 'right'? I see no reason to believe a word they print, it's all guesswork, rumour and distracting nonsense for the masses.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

He'll be smart enough to know that since absolutely no-body was interested in him its in his best interests to knuckle down and play to a high enough standard to generate interest.

If he goes on strike or becomes a disruption after no interest it would be career suicide. Even his agent should be smart enough to advise him of that.

36 minutes ago, Dames said:

He'll be smart enough to know that since absolutely no-body was interested in him its in his best interests to knuckle down and play to a high enough standard to generate interest.

If he goes on strike or becomes a disruption after no interest it would be career suicide. Even his agent should be smart enough to advise him of that.

I'd like to think he's smart enough to know that and i've had the same opinion of the situation.

However i'm not so sure after his antics in these last few days and everyone seemingly putting all the blame on his agent, of which Mahrez has been poorly advised but surely Mahrez should have thought 'hang on, what am I doing?' surely he should have took a step back from the situation, assessed it, asked a few question of himself and ask himself why clubs havn't been interested in him, I know it's all very easy for me to say but even so I struggle to see how Mahrez could be this thick and just go along with such blatantly poor advice from his agent.

Given him not being involved with Algeria yesterday (I'm not saying he refused to play for them and i'm only speculating but it seems it could be a 'my heads not in the right place' situation) I could see a potential toy throwing situation.

It's not Algeria's fault, club's weren't interested (Although maybe it is, according to @Redouane if he was a different nationality he'd have got a move, he could have chose France though - I know the reason why he picked Algeria though and fair play to him but that was his choice).

It's not our fault, club's weren't interested, it was his fault, instead of demanding a move/trying force a move/whoring yourself out take some bleedin' responsibilty Riyad!

Do any of the Algerians on here/Mahrez's entourage know of the reason's why he didn't go back to the Algerian camp/or wasn't involved yesterday to squash my suspicions on the situation?

When do players on International Duty (:yawn:) join back up with their clubs? That could be interesting.

3 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

If Countinho's value is hanging around the obscene 130odd million mark then that's what we should be asking for Riyad 

Mahrez must be really miffed that Coutinho was attracting £130m bids and his were £100m less.

It shows that the footballing world really doesn't trust him to perform and his stock has plummeted since 2015/16. If he wants his big move then he needs to drastically up his level from last season as another half season of sub standard performances won't be attracting any suitors. 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't think you're very good at reading. I was saying that the window is absurd, which it undoubtedly is.

Instead of constantly trying to belittle others, why don't you focus on the clarity of your own posts?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

My posts are abundantly clear, but thanks for leaping in apropos of nothing.

So considering we're on a Leicester City forum, you don't think it's reasonable to assume that by typing 'our absurd transfer window' you were referring to Leicester's transfer window?

Just now, The Floyd said:

So considering we're on a Leicester City forum, you don't think it's reasonable to assume that by typing 'our absurd transfer window' you were referring to Leicester's transfer window?

No, I don't. Anyway, I clarified further down, as I am sure you've seen, and we resolved our discussion. Which isn't exactly 'constantly' putting people down, now is it?

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Mahrez must be really miffed that Coutinho was attracting £130m bids and his were £100m less.

It shows that the footballing world really doesn't trust him to perform and his stock has plummeted since 2015/16. If he wants his big move then he needs to drastically up his level from last season as another half season of sub standard performances won't be attracting any suitors. 

I agree but at the same time bearing in mind Mahrez apparently asked us/wanted us to lower our asking price this sums everything up;

I think it was regarding Drinkwater and I posted it in the Drinkwater thread, but it applies with the Mahrez situation and i'm sure it applies to the Coutinho one too really.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, I don't. Anyway, I clarified further down, as I am sure you've seen, and we resolved our discussion. Which isn't exactly 'constantly' putting people down, now is it?

Yes, you clarified after you very kindly suggested that the poster wasn't very good at reading - when in fact it was your lack of clarity that caused the issue in the first place.

As for the 'constantly', it's just that the majority of posts that I see of yours seem to have a condescending undertone. Perhaps it's just your writing style.

Just now, The Floyd said:

Yes, you clarified after you very kindly suggested that the poster wasn't very good at reading - when in fact it was your lack of clarity that caused the issue in the first place.

As for the 'constantly', it's just that the majority of posts that I see of yours seem to have a condescending undertone. Perhaps it's just your writing style.

Well, your perception is your perception. It's very nice of you to leap to defend him, when we sorted it out happily. I'm not sure what you're aiming to achieve here. I'm critical of nonsense, and of people who appear to write without love of our team, despite their allegiance. Yes, I take the mick, but I'm hardly alone in that. I am positive plenty - so I'd ask politely that you alter 'constantly belittling' to 'sometimes pokes fun at'.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'd like to think he's smart enough to know that and i've had the same opinion of the situation.

However i'm not so sure after his antics in these last few days and everyone seemingly putting all the blame on his agent, of which Mahrez has been poorly advised but surely Mahrez should have thought 'hang on, what am I doing?' surely he should have took a step back from the situation, assessed it, asked a few question of himself and ask himself why clubs havn't been interested in him, I know it's all very easy for me to say but even so I struggle to see how Mahrez could be this thick and just go along with such blatantly poor advice from his agent.

Given him not being involved with Algeria yesterday (I'm not saying he refused to play for them and i'm only speculating but it seems it could be a 'my heads not in the right place' situation) I could see a potential toy throwing situation.

It's not Algeria's fault, club's weren't interested (Although maybe it is, according to @Redouane if he was a different nationality he'd have got a move, he could have chose France though - I know the reason why he picked Algeria though and fair play to him but that was his choice).

It's not our fault, club's weren't interested, it was his fault, instead of demanding a move/trying force a move/whoring yourself out take some bleedin' responsibilty Riyad!

Do any of the Algerians on here/Mahrez's entourage know of the reason's why he didn't go back to the Algerian camp/or wasn't involved yesterday to squash my suspicions on the situation?

When do players on International Duty (:yawn:) join back up with their clubs? That could be interesting.

He picked Algeria before he blew up. We gave him some minutes the World Cup before the league title and all his personal titles. I'm sure he has no regrets for not waiting on France. 

However, what is your explanation on why no one is willing to offer a 3rd of coutinho or around the sane as paulinho? Don't you think it's odd? Does the 'inho' automatically add value to a player? 

Mahrez is not the best player in the world by any means, but his big move is more than deserved. Sure, last season wasn't great but, he the whole team was playing sub-par for more than half of the season. Yet, Drinkwater still managed a 35M bid from Chelsea. And mahrez showed glimpses of form last season as well as in the start of this season. 

Point is, I'm happy he's staying but at the same time I feel that there is a bit of an injustice here. 

I really hope he blows up this season and forgets about his "dream move". 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree but at the same time bearing in mind Mahrez apparently asked us/wanted us to lower our asking price this sums everything up;

I think it was regarding Drinkwater and I posted it in the Drinkwater thread, but it applies with the Mahrez situation and i'm sure it applies to the Coutinho one too really.

I love that James Sharpe tweet, he absolutely nailed it.

It was aimed at Drinkwater but it applies to Mahrez also. Both were on long term deals and both had salaries befitting of top class players but both wanted the club to accept transfer fees not befitting of their salaries so they could get their big moves. They want their cake and to eat it.

Archived