Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why....???

The distress he gave everyone and the way he handled this thing, I had no problem with him saying that he wanted to leave at the end of may, but he shouldn't have said what he said about Roma and shouldn't have made a fool of himself in the last days of the transfer window, he is already walking a thin line with many here, he isn't helping himself!

What I like a statement to look like:

Saying that he tasted everything with Leicester, the good and the bad, admitting that he didn't handle this situation well, firing his agent if he is behind this, and apologizing for the Leicester fans that he put in distress!

And what I would really, really like is for him to finish with a statement like this

" as a token of gratitude for support that i got from Leicester fans and what the club did for my career, I would like to announce that I will not leave this winter, I will do my best (like I always did) to leave the club in the best situation possible"

Honestly, this will do wonders for his relationship with the fans.

15 minutes ago, the fox said:

The distress he gave everyone and the way he handled this thing, I had no problem with him saying that he wanted to leave at the end of may, but he shouldn't have said what he said about Roma and shouldn't have made a fool of himself in the last days of the transfer window, he is already walking a thin line with many here, he isn't helping himself!

What I like a statement to look like:

Saying that he tasted everything with Leicester, the good and the bad, admitting that he didn't handle this situation well, firing his agent if he is behind this, and apologizing for the Leicester fans that he put in distress!

And what I would really, really like is for him to finish with a statement like this

" as a token of gratitude for support that i got from Leicester fans and what the club did for my career, I would like to announce that I will not leave this winter, I will do my best (like I always did) to leave the club in the best situation possible"

Honestly, this will do wonders for his relationship with the fans.

Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? He didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. It was well understood by the fans and the board that he wanted to leave. So what makes it so shocking that he tried to get a last minute move? 

Just now, Redouane said:

Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? He didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. It was well understood by the fans and the board that he wanted to leave. So what makes it so shocking that he tried to get a last minute move? 

Its not about right or wrong, a thing can be right and insensitive at the same time.

He can stop playing with the team for all I know, its about leaving behind good memories, he did a lot for the club and he shouldn't leave on bad terms.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Its not about right or wrong, a thing can be right and insensitive at the same time.

He can stop playing with the team for all I know, its about leaving behind good memories, he did a lot for the club and he shouldn't leave on bad terms.

I recall a few months ago the very same people appalled by his decision to leave were the same ones claiming that we were "carrying" him. Obviously these people are a minority, the grateful fans wished him good luck.

So it seems only the ungrateful fans were upset and that's fine by me! 

The only thing wrong he did was not getting a move and looking like a desperate fool waiting on a phone call at an airport lounge. 

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I recall a few months ago the very same people appalled by his decision to leave were the same ones claiming that we were "carrying" him. Obviously these people are a minority, the grateful fans wished him good luck.

So it seems only the ungrateful fans were upset and that's fine by me! 

The only thing wrong he did was not getting a move and looking like a desperate fool waiting on a phone call at an airport lounge. 

Oh you gonna trigger a lot of people here lol

But I agree, the same people who criticized him are the ones who are lobbying to get the biggest bite they can get out of his legacy here, they only come out when he is underperforming lol oh and don't forget "he is sulking" when he plays bad and "he is playing for a move" when he preforms. The man can't win with those people.

Like I said, no problem with him wanting to go to a better team, but him giving those lot more rope to hang him is getting tedious, most times I see "hot" under his threads i think "oh boy, what did he do now"

Its easy to be petty, I know most of their favourite players, but I didn't start an agenda against them because that's just a waste of time, I actually defend them a lot (manly naming drinky and gray), plus, what good does it do me to hate one of our players? Instead of baiting people of course lol

13 hours ago, vanity said:

He'd better be ready to play for us if he wants a move. The simple fact is that his play in 2015/2016 established his value to the club. The club then quantified that value, and allowed him to leave if it were met. 32 mill for Mahrez in this market is ludicrous -- he knows it, and the club knows it -- and the club was left no choice but to keep him, even though neither side really want the other at this point. If he shows up in the state you describe, then damn straight they better sit him down until he is ready to contribute.

That said, I see really good things for Riyad this season. He seemed to grow frustrated with the attention he received last season, too often facing multiple defenders every time he touched the ball, and it led him to make bad decisions. But now, with a true box-to-box playing alongside him in Silva, with Iheanacho healthy and playing more up top with Vardy, with Maguire helping bring the ball forward, with Iborra getting some PT to help in possession, and with the very real possibility of seeing Demari on the other side of the field at times rather than Albrighton, the fact of the matter is Mahrez's life just got much, much easier. Teams could devote extra attention to him when he was the only player consistently capable of bringing the ball into a dangerous area. Now we have 4x the offensive threats in that respect on days we play Gray, 3x with Albrighton, so long as Nacho and Silva play. It changes absolutely everything for him, if he puts in the work, then he can really tally some numbers and show the world what he can do.

I do of course realize Albrighton's value, but I also think that against weaker attacking sides, teams like Stoke and Southampton, we should look to a more aggressive approach, with Gray, Mahrez, Silva, Nacho, and Vardy/Slimani forming the core of our attack. We need to start fielding a balanced attacking team with an eye to a 70 goal target. Improving our possession, scoring 70 goals, while focusing on maintaining our defensive tenacity as we phase out some of our defensive stalwarts, these three things all seem the right goals to be pursuing if we want Europe. And this side as presently constructed is good enough to reach European play. We signed a number of players this window who are more possession-minded and comfortable on the ball of the players they replace. Now we need to allow these players to get on the field together and begin the process of learning to play together. We need to stop acting like we need to pitch a shutout and get lucky on the counter with Vardy to win games against elite sides. We need to become a real threat to score, regardless of the opponent. Fielding a more balanced side prevents teams neutralizing Vardy and Mahrez, with Silva in the middle and Iheanacho lurking, teams will find their defenses stretched to the limit. This is the next step, IMO. We have the attacking players to make us a side to be feared. But we need to play them.

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

15 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I don't think so for Utd, but he defo went to Barca begging that's for sure. 

Look, I'm not going to give credit to any hear say, gossip or whatever crap spreaded by the gutter press. For all we know he made himself avalaible by staying in Europe, just in case. It didn't go well, no bid has been made and he became a bit of a laughing stock. End of.

I'm not going to throw mud at a player who made his intentions clear from the very beginning and behaved himself professionally in the meanwhile. It might have triggered the selective indignation of some on this forum but, as far as I know, he's still a Leicester player and as long as he's putting in a shift, I'll support him.

11 hours ago, the fox said:

Oh you gonna trigger a lot of people here lol

But I agree, the same people who criticized him are the ones who are lobbying to get the biggest bite they can get out of his legacy here, they only come out when he is underperforming lol oh and don't forget "he is sulking" when he plays bad and "he is playing for a move" when he preforms. The man can't win with those people.

Like I said, no problem with him wanting to go to a better team, but him giving those lot more rope to hang him is getting tedious, most times I see "hot" under his threads i think "oh boy, what did he do now"

Its easy to be petty, I know most of their favourite players, but I didn't start an agenda against them because that's just a waste of time, I actually defend them a lot (manly naming drinky and gray), plus, what good does it do me to hate one of our players? Instead of baiting people of course lol

You seem to also want to ask alot. 

Hes an ordinary young guy, who can and likes to play football. Who happen to earn alot of Money, that initself

doesnt put them in any better position that one can put any higher moral/character expectations on them than

the fans who support them or the media who report and follow them. 

Yes he wants to leave and has openly said it, and put his cards on the table. To me he scores again, he himself

tried his hardest to realise that transfer move, by detaching himself from the Algerian squad, to see if he could

get some movement/change/recognition/ and offers. He didnt sit on his ass, and wait for incompetent agent

to do all the work. He took his own initiative .

So far hes not shown any spoilt brattish behavior, hes Shown no contempt towards the club,

nor fans and if frustration does or would show through, more than easy to understand .

I have no tendence to show a love in, over admiration or daydreaming respect, just recognition

that someguy, after kick starting his career and giving a good few seasons by us, now wants to move on.

I honestly dont see some fans half cocked perspective of immature expectations, just to carry their spiteful thoughts

over the forum.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You seem to also want to ask alot. 

Hes an ordinary young guy, who can and likes to play football. Who happen to earn alot of Money, that initself

doesnt put them in any better position that one can put any higher moral/character expectations on them than

the fans who support them or the media who report and follow them. 

Yes he wants to leave and has openly said it, and put his cards on the table. To me he scores again, he himself

tried his hardest to realise that transfer move, by detaching himself from the Algerian squad, to see if he could

get some movement/change/recognition/ and offers. He didnt sit on his ass, and wait for incompetent agent

to do all the work. He took his own initiative .

So far hes not shown any spoilt brattish behavior, hes Shown no contempt towards the club,

nor fans and if frustration does or would show through, more than easy to understand .

I have no tendence to show a love in, over admiration or daydreaming respect, just recognition

that someguy, after kick starting his career and giving a good few seasons by us, now wants to move on.

I honestly dont see some fans half cocked perspective of immature expectations, just to carry their spiteful thoughts

over the forum.

It also shows what kinda guy Riyad is. He stuck with his agent who has never managed such high profile players due to loyalty. He couldv'e easily buzzed him off for a star agent but he didn't.

Kamel Bengougam's (Mahrez's agent)

1. Barthelme (Racing cfa Lorient d1)
  2. Diakite ( noisy cfa à Nancy d1)
  3. Coulibaly (mantes cfa2 guingamp d2)
  4. Bergdich (alfortvile cfa lens d2)
  5. Mahrez (Quimper cfa le havre d2 Leicester l1 Angleterre)

Unless you follow Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 extensively, you have no idea who these guys are

Does he has a release fee clause in his contract?

He should stay professional towards his employer and show that he's still worth what he has shown in the past, excellent talent, for how much game time he will have.

Unsatisfactory performances from him, from now on, could negatively impact on other clubs not wishing to buy him - should he be looking to leave in January now.

The pressure is on him now.

4 hours ago, Redouane said:

It also shows what kinda guy Riyad is. He stuck with his agent who has never managed such high profile players due to loyalty. He couldv'e easily buzzed him off for a star agent but he didn't.

Kamel Bengougam's (Mahrez's agent)

1. Barthelme (Racing cfa Lorient d1)
  2. Diakite ( noisy cfa à Nancy d1)
  3. Coulibaly (mantes cfa2 guingamp d2)
  4. Bergdich (alfortvile cfa lens d2)
  5. Mahrez (Quimper cfa le havre d2 Leicester l1 Angleterre)

Unless you follow Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 extensively, you have no idea who these guys are

Well, looking at his clientele, you can sense that Mahrez' agent comes across as rather... underwhelming and/or somewhat unprofessional in the sense that he's not used to wager bigger deals (yet). Clumsy is a good word.

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

is Bengougam even still his agent? i thought one of the ITKs said a new agent bought out Mahrez's contract but won't get paid until Mahrez moves, which is why he's acting desperate

Algerian media say it still is

Time to move on now and concentrate on our season. How Riyad reacts on the pitch to this summer will speak volumes of his character and will show the elite clubs whether he's worth the £50m we want for him

I'm proud of the club for standing firm and not being bullied into selling for cheap. We've acted with dignity and a respect to the fans

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Time to move on now and concentrate on our season. How Riyad reacts on the pitch to this summer will speak volumes of his character and will show the elite clubs whether he's worth the £50m we want for him

I'm proud of the club for standing firm and not being bullied into selling for cheap. We've acted with dignity and a respect to the fans

No one bid

Apart from Roma who were like a child with 20p expecting to buy a mars bar.

I think if anyone bid 40M we would have negotiated and sold.

Archived