Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lanefox

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, your perception is your perception. It's very nice of you to leap to defend him, when we sorted it out happily. I'm not sure what you're aiming to achieve here. I'm critical of nonsense, and of people who appear to write without love of our team, despite their allegiance. Yes, I take the mick, but I'm hardly alone in that. I am positive plenty - so I'd ask politely that you alter 'constantly belittling' to 'sometimes pokes fun at'.

There's a fine line between being playful and unnecessarily condescending, and I personally interpret the posts of yours that I see as the latter. Like you say though, that's just my perception. 

When he's back I can't imagine he'll be mentally or physically prepared to play for us. On top of that he still obviously wants away and will no doubt get his move in January.

In contrast, we still have the opportunity to develop and keep Demarai Gray if we offer him his opportunity and if he responds by taking it. IMHO Gray should now be the default starter, and Mahrez should need to force his way back into the team by taking any chances he gets.

I hope that Shakey puts Mahrez on the bench until Gray has shown beyond doubt that he really isn't up to it. In that case we can sell them both in Jan and bring in someone who wants to be here.

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Any apology should be on the pitch.

Another half-bothered performance will show he doesn't really want to be here.

But excellent ones will indicate that he still wants to help the team.

Well he doesn't want to be here, he's told us that already. I think he's finally realised, although a little too late to get a move this transfer window, that if he wants a move to a really big club, and that club is going to offer what Leicester want for him, then he's going to have to start performing. So expect Mahrez to be on fire for the next few months, not because he love Leicester, or wants to do well for us, or wants to be here, but because he wants to impress potential purchasing clubs. Good performance indicate a desire to leave, not stay.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So expect Mahrez to be on fire for the next few months, not because he love Leicester, or wants to do well for us, or wants to be here, but because he wants to impress potential purchasing clubs. Good performance indicate a desire to leave, not stay.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I'm fine with him going but we need good money and we won't get that unless he impresses.

I just hope him putting pressure on himself to look extraordinary will make him selfish and cloud his judgement and we'll end up seeing him hold onto things for too long or always try to shoot when he could assist.

I dunno though, I'm positive - I think we'll see 4 months of Mahrez at his best and he'll go at xmas.

Benching him for Gray though... lol

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/riyad-mahrez-blanked-in-paris-what-were-arsenal-and-chelsea-playing-at-4197612

Good read. Really baffled at how mahrez coule generate so little interest. What more does he need to do?

Don't get me wrong, ultimately, I'm happy he's staying but I'm slightly offended for Riyad on how he could generate so little interest..

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/riyad-mahrez-blanked-in-paris-what-were-arsenal-and-chelsea-playing-at-4197612

Good read. Really baffled at how mahrez coule generate so little interest. What more does he need to do?

Don't get me wrong, ultimately, I'm happy he's staying but I'm slightly offended for Riyad on how he could generate so little interest..

Well a bit more than he is doing now thats for sure ..

8 minutes ago, Redouane said:

maybe he should have played like he has so far this season last season, big clubs would have looked at his moody half interested antics and run a mile knowing how much we wanted for a fee they want someone they can be almost certain of what they are getting not a gamble

34 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

When he's back I can't imagine he'll be mentally or physically prepared to play for us. On top of that he still obviously wants away and will no doubt get his move in January.

I hope that Shakey puts Mahrez on the bench until Gray has shown beyond doubt that he really isn't up to it. In that case we can sell them both in Jan and bring in someone who wants to be here.

He'd better be ready to play for us if he wants a move. The simple fact is that his play in 2015/2016 established his value to the club. The club then quantified that value, and allowed him to leave if it were met. 32 mill for Mahrez in this market is ludicrous -- he knows it, and the club knows it -- and the club was left no choice but to keep him, even though neither side really want the other at this point. If he shows up in the state you describe, then damn straight they better sit him down until he is ready to contribute.

That said, I see really good things for Riyad this season. He seemed to grow frustrated with the attention he received last season, too often facing multiple defenders every time he touched the ball, and it led him to make bad decisions. But now, with a true box-to-box playing alongside him in Silva, with Iheanacho healthy and playing more up top with Vardy, with Maguire helping bring the ball forward, with Iborra getting some PT to help in possession, and with the very real possibility of seeing Demari on the other side of the field at times rather than Albrighton, the fact of the matter is Mahrez's life just got much, much easier. Teams could devote extra attention to him when he was the only player consistently capable of bringing the ball into a dangerous area. Now we have 4x the offensive threats in that respect on days we play Gray, 3x with Albrighton, so long as Nacho and Silva play. It changes absolutely everything for him, if he puts in the work, then he can really tally some numbers and show the world what he can do.

I do of course realize Albrighton's value, but I also think that against weaker attacking sides, teams like Stoke and Southampton, we should look to a more aggressive approach, with Gray, Mahrez, Silva, Nacho, and Vardy/Slimani forming the core of our attack. We need to start fielding a balanced attacking team with an eye to a 70 goal target. Improving our possession, scoring 70 goals, while focusing on maintaining our defensive tenacity as we phase out some of our defensive stalwarts, these three things all seem the right goals to be pursuing if we want Europe. And this side as presently constructed is good enough to reach European play. We signed a number of players this window who are more possession-minded and comfortable on the ball of the players they replace. Now we need to allow these players to get on the field together and begin the process of learning to play together. We need to stop acting like we need to pitch a shutout and get lucky on the counter with Vardy to win games against elite sides. We need to become a real threat to score, regardless of the opponent. Fielding a more balanced side prevents teams neutralizing Vardy and Mahrez, with Silva in the middle and Iheanacho lurking, teams will find their defenses stretched to the limit. This is the next step, IMO. We have the attacking players to make us a side to be feared. But we need to play them.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

maybe he should have played like he has so far this season last season, big clubs would have looked at his moody half interested antics and run a mile knowing how much we wanted for a fee they want someone they can be almost certain of what they are getting not a gamble

Why did DD get a move then? This doesn't make sense..Wenger himself admitted that "ability like that does not get lost overnight"

Just now, Redouane said:

Why did DD get a move then? This doesn't make sense..

because Chelsea needed to fill a homegrown quota as well as needing another CM.

Also as critical as I have been over the years of DD I never once felt he wasn't interested and just wasn't bothered, Mahrez game that impression almost every game last season

9 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Why did DD get a move then? This doesn't make sense..Wenger himself admitted that "ability like that does not get lost overnight"

It makes perfect sense, DD is not a gamble ...    And as for Wenger ...    Do you believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Any apology should be on the pitch.

Another half-bothered performance will show he doesn't really want to be here.

But excellent ones will indicate that he still wants to help the team.

A well written apology on social media would go a long way.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well he doesn't want to be here, he's told us that already. I think he's finally realised, although a little too late to get a move this transfer window, that if he wants a move to a really big club, and that club is going to offer what Leicester want for him, then he's going to have to start performing. So expect Mahrez to be on fire for the next few months, not because he love Leicester, or wants to do well for us, or wants to be here, but because he wants to impress potential purchasing clubs. Good performance indicate a desire to leave, not stay.

If it helps us to pick up 3 pts each game, until/if he goes.....so what..!!!

Hes then done it in a Leicester shirt...thats what  counts.

If he Left in January  and gave us the Performances and points, what veil will you hide behind..

Hes fullfilled his contract....hes not the bogeyman, and so far he hasnt stepped morally, contractually,

out of line.  Too many taking a lynchmob type of attitude..dont understand it..

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

If it helps us to pick up 3 pts each game, until/if he goes.....so what..!!!

Hes then done it in a Leicester shirt...thats what  counts.

If he Left in January  and gave us the Performances and points, what veil will you hide behind..

Hes fullfilled his contract....hes not the bogeyman, and so far he hasnt stepped morally, contractually,

out of line.  Too many taking a lynchmob type of attitude..dont understand it..

I don't understand your response tbh. I was simply replying to Wymesy assertion that we'll find out if he wants to be here or not depending on how he performs. We already know he wants out, so his performances won't be any indication. Why you having a go at me, I've not criticised or lambasted him, just stated facts about the situation.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I don't understand your response tbh. I was simply replying to Wymesy assertion that we'll find out if he wants to be here or not depending on how he performs. We already know he wants out, so his performances won't be any indication. Why you having a go at me, I've not criticised or lambasted him, just stated facts about the situation.

Then cos I'm really a good guy, and youre a gud un, I apoligise for the incorrect unnecessary rebuke....:thumbup:

But just watch it...:o  :P

1 hour ago, vanity said:

He'd better be ready to play for us if he wants a move. The simple fact is that his play in 2015/2016 established his value to the club. The club then quantified that value, and allowed him to leave if it were met. 32 mill for Mahrez in this market is ludicrous -- he knows it, and the club knows it -- and the club was left no choice but to keep him, even though neither side really want the other at this point. If he shows up in the state you describe, then damn straight they better sit him down until he is ready to contribute.

That said, I see really good things for Riyad this season. He seemed to grow frustrated with the attention he received last season, too often facing multiple defenders every time he touched the ball, and it led him to make bad decisions. But now, with a true box-to-box playing alongside him in Silva, with Iheanacho healthy and playing more up top with Vardy, with Maguire helping bring the ball forward, with Iborra getting some PT to help in possession, and with the very real possibility of seeing Demari on the other side of the field at times rather than Albrighton, the fact of the matter is Mahrez's life just got much, much easier. Teams could devote extra attention to him when he was the only player consistently capable of bringing the ball into a dangerous area. Now we have 4x the offensive threats in that respect on days we play Gray, 3x with Albrighton, so long as Nacho and Silva play. It changes absolutely everything for him, if he puts in the work, then he can really tally some numbers and show the world what he can do.

I do of course realize Albrighton's value, but I also think that against weaker attacking sides, teams like Stoke and Southampton, we should look to a more aggressive approach, with Gray, Mahrez, Silva, Nacho, and Vardy/Slimani forming the core of our attack. We need to start fielding a balanced attacking team with an eye to a 70 goal target. Improving our possession, scoring 70 goals, while focusing on maintaining our defensive tenacity as we phase out some of our defensive stalwarts, these three things all seem the right goals to be pursuing if we want Europe. And this side as presently constructed is good enough to reach European play. We signed a number of players this window who are more possession-minded and comfortable on the ball of the players they replace. Now we need to allow these players to get on the field together and begin the process of learning to play together. We need to stop acting like we need to pitch a shutout and get lucky on the counter with Vardy to win games against elite sides. We need to become a real threat to score, regardless of the opponent. Fielding a more balanced side prevents teams neutralizing Vardy and Mahrez, with Silva in the middle and Iheanacho lurking, teams will find their defenses stretched to the limit. This is the next step, IMO. We have the attacking players to make us a side to be feared. But we need to play them.

Good Post, and I really hope Shakespeare goes down this route 

1 hour ago, englebert said:

Not all of us. It was just me who posted that. And posting what the tabloids say doesn't mean I believe it either. So get off your high horse.

No, I'll stay up here thanks, otherwise I become someone else just letting my brain go to mush.

Archived