Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Mike Dean Stuffed Us Yet Again.

Stop blaming refs for us not being able to cope with standard set pieces. We invited pressure and conceded set pieces, which we could not defend. Well played Arsenal, not so well played Leicester.

48 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

As bad a decision as it was from Dean, that passage of play would never of happened had Shakey not had a brain freeze with the James substitution.

The James substitution wasn't the problem, it was the Okazaki one.

18 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The James substitution wasn't the problem, it was the Okazaki one.

Okazaki can't do 90 minutes the way he runs around. 

The fact we have no like-for-like replacement for him is disappointing but it would probably be a bit of a luxury in an 18 Man match day squad.

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

No, but it should have been like for like. Bring on Iheanacho.

I thought we had them where we wanted them with the 4-5-1. Wouldn't have been my choice but I thought it was doing the job nicely. Certainly didn't feel like a goal was inevitable.

Just now, ttfn said:

I thought we had them where we wanted them with the 4-5-1. Wouldn't have been my choice but I thought it was doing the job nicely. Certainly didn't feel like a goal was inevitable.

Seriously? I could barely watch and thought it was only a matter of time.

18 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Seriously? I could barely watch and thought it was only a matter of time.

Yeah I didn't get the sense they were going to score, unlike when it got to 3-3 at which point the 4th felt inevitable.

I see where you're coming from though - you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

The defending for goals 1 3 and 4 was absolutely atrocious. Mahrez hugely at fault for their second too.

You don't win football matches when you put yourselves in a positions we put ourselves in tonight - regardless if you score three times or not 

Partly at fault for the first too. James was pulled way out of position to cover him early on in the move. 

1 hour ago, Lewdtenant said:

Come on now.. some people here are straight embarrassing..  https://streamwoop.tv/replay/Arsenal-1-2-Leicester-Ndidi-handball-penalty-claim- Tell me this is not a stonewall penalty. 

It looks worse because he raises his hands after the ball has hit him. Before, he's just got his hands up slightly in a position that's normal if you're trying to stop quickly. It's pretty borderline.

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is not a stonewall penalty.

Next.

Agree. To our lovely Arsenal guests reading our forum - have any you lot even read the handball rules? (N'didi was ball to hand = not handball (see below). Ozil, hand to ball = handball.)

For reference: 

HANDLING THE BALL
Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.
The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence

•  

Archived