Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Always Next Year

Mike Dean Stuffed Us Yet Again.

Slow ball watching defenders cost us this game firstly, must admit that he missed the handball and his assistant should have flagged for the offside, sad to say but Referees and the Assistants are the talking point again.... :(

Up the City.... :scarf:

10 hours ago, Lewdtenant said:

Come on now.. some people here are straight embarrassing..  https://streamwoop.tv/replay/Arsenal-1-2-Leicester-Ndidi-handball-penalty-claim- Tell me this is not a stonewall penalty. 

stonewall, where the ball has been hit against his arm from less that a foot away, would have been harsh in the extreme to give that, either way, Arsenal more than got the decisions in the rest of the game

Thought he gave them every 40/60 decision but tell me a ref that doesn't when it comes to the bigger clubs, especially when they are at home. We're all disappointed because we put so much into the game and came away with nothing. We've also all seen hugely biased performances by men in black against our team. This, in my opinion, wasn't one of them. To say Mike Dean stuffed us is wildly overstating it.

11 hours ago, Karl_LCFC said:

Unless Dean has just rotated his head that second it's clear that he saw it and absolutely bottled it. He bottled other things that didn't particularly hurt us like Arsenal players kicking the ball away after decisions against them and the foul from behind on Mahrez which went without even a talking to yet Maguire was lectured for for a lesser challenge. The allowing of things to go unpunished is a decision process not a case of just missing something and clearly his decision process is faulty or biased, the only reasoning beyond corruption is a lack of bottle and an intimidation of certain players / clubs in pressure situations. If you see it you call it, be brave and be honest ref. I've always said about Dean that he spots tiny nitpicky offences but misses bigger more blatant ones and true to form yet again he delivers his mixed bag of responses.

13 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Stop blaming refs for us not being able to cope with standard set pieces. We invited pressure and conceded set pieces, which we could not defend. Well played Arsenal, not so well played Leicester.

It was very disappointing to go in 2-2 with seconds of an added 2 minutes. It did however remind me the fixture there 2 years ago when we were holding out for a draw with 10 men. The game seemed to go on forever till they scored with virtually the last kick of the game, coincidentally again by danny welbeck. They celebrated their goal for around 3 minutes. Without looking for excuses it always seems inevitable. 

13 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Stop blaming refs for us not being able to cope with standard set pieces. We invited pressure and conceded set pieces, which we could not defend. Well played Arsenal, not so well played Leicester.

Just thinking. Im not sure we did concede to set peiced

6 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Just thinking. Im not sure we did concede to set peiced

Their last 2 goals both came after corners. Giroud's winner was straight from a cornerkick and Ramsay's goal came after we cleared the ball after a corner and the whole left side of the defense decided to let Ramsay and 2 other Arsenal players be all alone for the 2nd ball in.

We tried to park the bus, but did a poor job on it. Lessons learned. Can't blame Dean for that.

20 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Their last 2 goals both came after corners. Giroud's winner was straight from a cornerkick and Ramsay's goal came after we cleared the ball after a corner and the whole left side of the defense decided to let Ramsay and 2 other Arsenal players be all alone for the 2nd ball in.

We tried to park the bus, but did a poor job on it. Lessons learned. Can't blame Dean for that.

Ok fair enough

5 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Slow ball watching defenders cost us this game firstly, must admit that he missed the handball and his assistant should have flagged for the offside, sad to say but Referees and the Assistants are the talking point again.... :(

Up the City.... :scarf:

Well they can't blame the patterns on the pitches anymore so what excuse will they pipe up with now ???

Time for Video evidence premier league would have shown their pre halftime offside goal and that little cheating shit Ozils use of his arm to pull the ball into him !!

The fact of the matter is, and you can talk about it until the cows come home, that Ozil cheated. He played the ball with his arms and the match officials chose to ignore it. Combine this with Shakespeare's unfortunate substitutions choice and this is why we ended up where we did. Bring on Brighton.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

The fact of the matter is, and you can talk about it until the cows come home, that Ozil cheated. He played the ball with his arms and the match officials chose to ignore it. Combine this with Shakespeare's unfortunate substitutions choice and this is why we ended up where we did. Bring on Brighton.

About right Dave !?

21 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Any idea where two minutes extra came from in the first half.I could not recall any injuries trainers on  or breaks in play other than the goals.Nothing at all

It seemed like we were playing forver. Definitely more than two.

I was at the game and at half past asked around what minutes we were added on - nobody knew - I looked at the scoreboard and at 33 we were still playing.

I thought Dean was poor.  There were a lot of early marginal decisions in Arsenal's favour.  I thought it likely that a bog decision would go against us.

Where did the extra two first half minutes come from.

There was a decision that mystified me that was not replayed.  Okazaki was mugged in the box whenn we had a corner.  Arsenal were awarded a free kick.  Can anyone shed light?

On 11 August 2017 at 22:26, daddylonglegs said:

The defending for goals 1 3 and 4 was absolutely atrocious. Mahrez hugely at fault for their second too.

You don't win football matches when you put yourselves in a positions we put ourselves in tonight - regardless if you score three times or not 

Bit harsh on Mahrez for me, the ball was fizzed right into him. 

What at shakey said was right, we have to depend better. The goal was down to us not being able to defend a second ball. Xhaka had three men to choose from. Three men unmarked in our penalty area. That is what needs addressing and I'm a big criticiser of referees wanting to make names for themselves. 

On 12/08/2017 at 09:58, fazzyfox said:

Unless Dean has just rotated his head that second it's clear that he saw it and absolutely bottled it. He bottled other things that didn't particularly hurt us like Arsenal players kicking the ball away after decisions against them and the foul from behind on Mahrez which went without even a talking to yet Maguire was lectured for for a lesser challenge. The allowing of things to go unpunished is a decision process not a case of just missing something and clearly his decision process is faulty or biased, the only reasoning beyond corruption is a lack of bottle and an intimidation of certain players / clubs in pressure situations. If you see it you call it, be brave and be honest ref. I've always said about Dean that he spots tiny nitpicky offences but misses bigger more blatant ones and true to form yet again he delivers his mixed bag of responses.

Can't believe people are still going on about this. Ndidi was a clear handball. If you ask me we got off lightly. 1 for 1. 

The end of the day we shouldn't have defended poorly. 

On 12/08/2017 at 19:10, majaco said:

I thought Dean was poor.  There were a lot of early marginal decisions in Arsenal's favour.  I thought it likely that a bog decision would go against us.

Where did the extra two first half minutes come from.

There was a decision that mystified me that was not replayed.  Okazaki was mugged in the box whenn we had a corner.  Arsenal were awarded a free kick.  Can anyone shed light?

Yea I'm baffled by that too... oka was trying to get in front of keeper but he was just pushed away by the new arsenal defender and arsenal got the free kick????

we were in control at that point but dean change the momentum and just handed them the ball... I think he's an awful ref.

Let me start by saying that it was a blatant handball and it should have been spotted.

But the reason that we lost was because of our piss poor defending.  We can blame the ref or we can look at the fact that we gave their main aerial threat a FREE HEADER for their winning goal.

Were we unlucky, sure we were.  But were we also masters of our own downfall, absolutely.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 12:48, Jonezy said:

That clearance from the corner should have been contested by a midfielder player but it wasn't and just offered another example of our central midfield being lacking. 

Yes, they cover space well enough and willingly enough some of the time, but they're ponderous, slow to read the game and to react. Amartey is one of the worst. He does some things okay but is too often guilty of losing or ignoring a runner. 

It costs us dearly at times.

Urgency is a must against shrewd passing and moving but we seem to be gradually sacrificing pace for ponderous experience.

There needs to be a balance. But three of our back four are slowish and all ourights central midfielders are the same.

All that said there was no excusing the referee.

On 8/12/2017 at 02:21, Ian Nacho said:

When he gave Arsenal a free kick for offside in our half which lead to their second was the most baffling. 

Only for those that havent read the laws of the game.

"If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play."

Archived